Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Kyosho FW-05R

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2004, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

With the stock set up , the car handle great,i will tested at a larger faster track this week with other gear ratios.
Old 05-30-2004, 11:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Marcos.S710
i didnt have that problem but i noticed that i had to re-shim the front diff to make it operate smoother.
Yup that's it I sand down abit the outer diff pin housing holder and shim the inner ( make the gear mess abit close together ) And its works.. smooth no intermitten stuck drive. Hope full this will solve my spinning problem.
Old 05-31-2004, 05:55 AM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by esham
Yup that's it I sand down abit the outer diff pin housing holder and shim the inner ( make the gear mess abit close together ) And its works.. smooth no intermitten stuck drive. Hope full this will solve my spinning problem.
hope so too
Old 05-31-2004, 11:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Re: Re: Set up

Dameetz, .. I have exactly same problem . I still trouble shooting this, today still no success. Please share it with us if you got the cure.. Thank you
Hey guys,

I've been chasing this same problem ever since I built the car in February that I almost gave up on the car and just run my old trusty and bullet proof V-one R GRP.

I finally found the problem with this spinning out on turns. I found that my front suspension was unloading too much. I Installed harder springs (short black)in front and softer (on-road orange) springs in the rear. Set droop at 2 deg. No sway bars in the rear, front sway bar horizontal.

Front camber at 1.5 deg and toe out at 1 deg
Rear camber at 3 deg and toe in at 2 deg

Mind you that this setting was based at Revelation. I lowered the camber for tighter tracks and rubber tires with med inserts all around and it still works.

Old 05-31-2004, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Re: Re: Set up

Originally posted by Dannoq1
Hey guys,

I've been chasing this same problem ever since I built the car in February that I almost gave up on the car and just run my old trusty and bullet proof V-one R GRP.

I finally found the problem with this spinning out on turns. I found that my front suspension was unloading too much. I Installed harder springs (short black)in front and softer (on-road orange) springs in the rear. Set droop at 2 deg. No sway bars in the rear, front sway bar horizontal.

Front camber at 1.5 deg and toe out at 1 deg
Rear camber at 3 deg and toe in at 2 deg

Mind you that this setting was based at Revelation. I lowered the camber for tighter tracks and rubber tires with med inserts all around and it still works.

is it spinning out on or off power?
Old 05-31-2004, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

I must be doing something wrong!
I've got the red 1.8 springs on back with the super thick gold roll bar and the rear just will not budge, but I just cannot get the front end to bite on or off power and it's killing my front tyres.
I'm now down to 20k wt oil in the front diff and 10k wt in the back, 40 wt in the shocks, and the front roll bar flat.
I did disconnect the front roll bar once and grip rolled on nearly every corner so i decided against that move.
Old 05-31-2004, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by NiMo
I've got the red 1.8 springs on back with the super thick gold roll bar and the rear just will not budge, but I just cannot get the front end to bite on or off power and it's killing my front tyres.
I'm now down to 20k wt oil in the front diff and 10k wt in the back, 40 wt in the shocks, and the front roll bar flat.
I did disconnect the front roll bar once and grip rolled on nearly every corner so i decided against that move.
what shore tires are you running? go back to the stock set up!! i ran the stock set up on my FW-05R with 37 shore front and rear(MONOTUNING FOAM TIRES) and the car handles great.
Old 05-31-2004, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

what shore tires are you running? go back to the stock set up!! i ran the stock set up on my FW-05R with 37 shore front and rear(MONOTUNING FOAM TIRES) and the car handles great.
Yes.. I still believe this Kyosho kits should work by its stock setup only tuning/tweak and assemble correctly is the matter. I keep my setup as stock and will adjust the suspension and tires on track. now i'm ready with my "smooth" front/rear diff. Will test is when i can steal a few hours of my busy day.
Old 05-31-2004, 07:00 PM
Super Moderator

Yes.. I still believe this Kyosho kits should work by its stock setup only tuning/tweak and assemble correctly is the matter. I keep my setup as stock and will adjust the suspension and tires on track. now i'm ready with my "smooth" front/rear diff. Will test is when i can steal a few hours of my busy day.
hope it will work for you
Old 05-31-2004, 07:39 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Set up

is it spinning out on or off power?
I believe if he harden the front shocks to solve his problem, he would have solved the spinning problem off power. Too much weight transfers to the front when the front shocks are soft.

If on power the car is spinning out, then the rears are too soft.
Old 05-31-2004, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Set up

Originally posted by InitialD
I believe if he harden the front shocks to solve his problem, he would have solved the spinning problem off power. Too much weight transfers to the front when the front shocks are soft.

thanks "D"
Old 06-01-2004, 12:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Set up

Originally posted by InitialD

On the contrary, this car was spinning on power. There is no abrupt weight transfer when the car is on a curve under it's own momentum unless you introduce energy ie.. throttle input which then upsets the balance.

This setup prevents the front from unloading too much and lets the suspension absorb the extra energy.
Old 06-01-2004, 12:31 AM
Tech Elite

NiMo, you were doing so well with the car--why the change? didn't the stock setup work well for you?

By the way, I am now running 25k in rear and it works a lot better than the 10k stock in my opinion.
Old 06-01-2004, 12:36 AM
Tech Rookie

In order for anyone to determine what may be wrong with your set-up, we need to know what your setup is.

The guys are correct when they suggested for you to go return to the stock settings however, I would also suggest based on my experience with this car, to check the condition of your drivetrain ie. differentials, bearings... etc. From what you are saying, the car has a very bad push even with the gold sway bar in the rear which is very unusual. At the same token your car traction rolled when you removed the front sway bars

Please be specific about your current setup so that we have a basis for comparison.
Old 06-01-2004, 06:01 AM
Tech Master

There is nothing major wrong with my car, it's just that every one is starting to say the rear end is loose, but mine is solid.
Yes the car pushes a little but it can be controlled with the throttle, I can still drive around others but I want that little bit more front end bite.
I have even tried 32 rear and 27 front and it still pushed (rubber tyres) which is why I cannot understand those who are losing the rear end, and I'm also only running 1 degree of toe in on the rear.

Hey I've just remembered something! when I first had the car I tried to go more than 2 degree toe in and found the rear end undriveable but it was fine with 2 degrees or less.
Could this be your rear end problem?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.