Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stefanos
hi guys after long time ;P

i have teh R40 hara and it keeps always destroying the 2nd gear ....and still i dont get why ....also it gets hard and harder to find gears on ebay for the hara edition clutch ...anyone know how to find or where they might have ???
must find ppl to send to greece basicly ;P
thnx in advance
steve
You have three things that may be causing the gear to strip:

1. Bad bearing in your 2-spd housing
2. Slightly bent 2-spd shaft
3. Loose mesh of your gears

Check those three things before you proceed further. When meshing the gears, start with the 2nd gear first. The bearing in the 2nd speed housing does get dirty and may have some debris in it which is causing the bearing not to spin freely. With the 2-spd shaft, you will have to take it out of the car and roll it on a flat, level surface. If you have no issues with the above, then check to see if your engine is secure and not shifting on the chassis (not tight enough) or shifting on the engine mounts (not tight or broken mount bolt). Hope this helps.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JLock
You have three things that may be causing the gear to strip:

1. Bad bearing in your 2-spd housing
2. Slightly bent 2-spd shaft
3. Loose mesh of your gears

Check those three things before you proceed further. When meshing the gears, start with the 2nd gear first. The bearing in the 2nd speed housing does get dirty and may have some debris in it which is causing the bearing not to spin freely. With the 2-spd shaft, you will have to take it out of the car and roll it on a flat, level surface. If you have no issues with the above, then check to see if your engine is secure and not shifting on the chassis (not tight enough) or shifting on the engine mounts (not tight or broken mount bolt). Hope this helps.

Thats better than my answer.... I would have said my R40 is using it's same set of gears, haven't changed them in 6 years, so something is wrong with your set-up or parts...LOL
Old 03-01-2011, 06:16 PM
Tech Adept

hello guys
Istill have and R40 Hara edition plus a few spare parts including the original chassis, the car have the complete centax if any one want this treasure pm me!
Old 03-03-2011, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Coming out of the woodwork

Been out the game for a MINUTE. Last I ran, I was running a .12 Picco Red Dot....SICK! I see that engine is still expensive. Whats good for the R40 without breaking the bank? Just got a house, so I have to approach with financial caution.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastharryDOTcom
Thats better than my answer.... I would have said my R40 is using it's same set of gears, haven't changed them in 6 years, so something is wrong with your set-up or parts...LOL
I never had that issue with my R40 when I had it. However, I have a stripping gear issue with my Mugen MTX4 and previous MTX3 and had to go through a process of elimination to figure out the issue. Those were the things I stumbled across and figured since all these cars are similiar in design, then the fixes to anyone that may have the issue of this tread should be similar across the cars.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

wow the r40 is still kicking after all these years! I think its it the oldest pro quality kit that has had 0 revisions.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
wow the r40 is still kicking after all these years! I think its it the oldest pro quality kit that has had 0 revisions.
No wouldn't that award go to the Nitro TC3 for AE?
Old 03-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcrevolution

well one, the HARA edition....

Here is my R40 with japanese HPI upgrades..

fastharry R40
Old 03-22-2011, 02:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

edit :

yea the thing is the bell of the engine have lot of sluck i think ...(moving lot) but still it would destroy both gears insted of only one ,right?
Old 06-08-2011, 04:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Hi guys,

I'm new to nitro and have just purchased a new built R40 for a bargain price. I know the car is old, but seemingly parts are stll available and I imagine it's reasonably competetive with the current crop of cars.

Could someone suggest what spares would be best to stock up on? .I'd rather stockpile them now whilst still available. I plan to race, but only occasionally (say every 1 to 2 months). Would you say the car is reasonable durable and reliable?

Thanks in advance.

Steve
Old 06-08-2011, 06:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Smile

Originally Posted by stephenianjames
Hi guys,

I'm new to nitro and have just purchased a new built R40 for a bargain price. I know the car is old, but seemingly parts are stll available and I imagine it's reasonably competetive with the current crop of cars.

Could someone suggest what spares would be best to stock up on? .I'd rather stockpile them now whilst still available. I plan to race, but only occasionally (say every 1 to 2 months). Would you say the car is reasonable durable and reliable?

Thanks in advance.

Steve
The rear belt worn out pretty fast. I used to have couple of that in my tool box.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Thanks mate. Any other parts I should get in particular?

Is the car pretty tough overall, or should I stock up on plenty of arms etc?

Cheers,

Steve
Old 06-28-2011, 08:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have just completed new built kit Hara R40 ....

Got one problem ! what receiver battery fits in that little space..

any suggestions as to what brand ! thanx David
Old 06-29-2011, 05:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SpeedTeamLosi
I have just completed new built kit Hara R40 ....

Got one problem ! what receiver battery fits in that little space..

any suggestions as to what brand ! thanx David

hey....

you need a small triple a type receiver pack...Trinity used to make them as well as others....

here is a pic of my Hara with that battery installed..

http://fastharry.com/wp-content/uplo...8/IMG_1373.JPG

but I looked online and it looks like the mainstream RC guys aren't making them anymore...which means you might have to do a little searching for a small li po receiver pack...

UPDATE!! Problem solved, LOL...

http://www.amazon.com/Cell-800mAh-Ni.../dp/B0006O7M1U

the product dimensions say 4 inches, but that has to be wrong...if its a triple aaa pack it is way smaller and the same as my car..You might want to write ofna and ask them for the dimensions..the battery is also on their site...but no dimensions

BTW, I think I have a set an extra set of yellow seal Boca ceramic bearings for the r40...and a few other way out of production japan only options.....if interested, let me know...
Old 06-29-2011, 09:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks alot Fastharry! ..could you give me the measurements on that battery you have installed on your car .. goin to have a custom battery made for it ... .. as for the japan parts i have all of them installed on my car ... the kit i bought on ebay was new needed to be put together and had everything from japan and u.s production model with a sirio .12 , and novarossi NSRS3S .12 all new in the packages and boxes .6 set of extra belts etc.. 365.00 THANK GOODNESS FOR EBAY !!!! HE sent me A copy of the receipt for the all the stiff he had bought for the car .. it totaled over 1100 thats kit , parts, motors, ...i was so stoked to get it ....gonna post pics soon! .... what milliamp is that battery you have in your r40 pictured..

thanx David

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.