Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 11:58 AM
Tech Rookie

yo.

im thinkin of a kind of body wich type is a mustang..in any case a 'classic' looking body type, any of you guys know if this kind of body exists? if so what's the price of it.
the stores in my country dont do in those body's.
thx
steve
Old 06-18-2006, 12:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Stock tires trued up and ready for usage. I know they do grip well since I ran them before. The integy tire truer manages to cut 2-3mm but the secret is to set the x axis speed to the minimum and manually make short alternating passes on the tire. This basically eliminates needs for those long short passes. Here's the result.

I'm using the integy arbor, stock blades, and the integy truer with the box. Setup works really great and didn't cost me a furtune like the Hudy. The hudy just has that collector bin...which I may purchase if it can fit. For now a small cloth or old shirt does the trick. Now...time to true the 8ths which will take a lot longer due to the foam.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:25 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

you forgot to round the edges on the tires....
Old 06-18-2006, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fastharry
you forgot to round the edges on the tires....
LOL I was thinking exactly the same thing when I saw the pics
Old 06-18-2006, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AMGRacer
LOL I was thinking exactly the same thing when I saw the pics

morning mate..(well,almost morning for you AMG.....)...

I'll tell you what else I've been thinking....

I ran my pro 4 with a 4.5 brushless set up...and orion 4800 li po the other night......I came away thinking I'm starting to see the sense in electric...less time needed wrenching.....more time available to just drive.....

the car was just plain FAST......way faster down a 100 ft straight than my r40.......easier to control,easier to drive,no tuning issues.....

just thinkin'...
Old 06-18-2006, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah was late. All that buzz buzz buzz n grinding woke up my mom. Now that it's AM I can get started.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

LOL, Thought the same thing. Its funny how you guys know about it , but from what I can see at my track they dont.

Yeah you can get some sandpaper or like a grinding bit from a dremel and take an angle like from a clock 12 is straight up , use a 2 o clock angle.

You should also use the hudy carbide bit , definently is faster and cleaner.

What did you true your tires to?

Also harry, yeah electrics are pretty quick. Especially at my track I watch the times and the electrics are normally a bit quicker, allthough a lot has to do with the parkinglot track we run. Its still pretty evident there equally fast or faster in some smaller situations. Also carpet driving is also pretty wild.

They always run cleaner in large groups , where nitros are slaughtering each other on hacks on the lower level groups.

Reason why I got an electric. I first got the losi kinwald buggy and going from bringing a starter box , glow starter , nitro fuel bottle , tuning needle , temp gauge, radio , car. To just radio and car , flip the switch and go. Doesnt matter how much the temperature changed from last run. LOL

No tuning , just true the comm and its as fast as it was the first run (almost). With brushless a step further...no comm truing , just ballastic speed. Also youve now got a lipo which is also not going to need any sort of special voodoo recipe to charge. Just charge it and go. The only downfall I saw was the batteries. Those can get quite exspensive.

I like both nitro and electric pretty much equally. But I always find myself back on nitros having fun like usual. I think really the only fun electric is a touring car. Otherwise , trucks , mt's , buggies...gotta go nitro.

But yeah they are just so low and centered. They always seem to be less sloppy. Not sure why.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by steven w
yo.

im thinkin of a kind of body wich type is a mustang..in any case a 'classic' looking body type, any of you guys know if this kind of body exists? if so what's the price of it.
the stores in my country dont do in those body's.
thx
steve
This one will still handle decent. The new hpi mustang GTR

http://cgi.ebay.com/200mm-Painted-Bo...QQcmdZViewItem

Its also been painted. Says he ships worldwide.

Heres another one painted like eleanor

http://cgi.ebay.com/200mm-Custom-Pai...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 06-18-2006, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

AI- I'm on it now that its near mid day. Didn't get to go to the event today since I'm not ready. Power went out so my batts didn't fully charge. Now on the new job I won't be able to race next sun. Regardless I'll be making more $$ to invest in my rides and get memberships.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Anyone wishing to join the R40 clan my friend has his ride up for sale. Car is in mint condition and the Rody Roar version is an absolute screamer. Hang on and shut up when you're behing the controller of this ride.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=118160

*OS modified on the way for my r40. Joining up with ROar membership and club track membership so the R40 will be taking on the big 3 and other brands.*
Old 06-18-2006, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fastharry
morning mate..(well,almost morning for you AMG.....)...

I'll tell you what else I've been thinking....

I ran my pro 4 with a 4.5 brushless set up...and orion 4800 li po the other night......I came away thinking I'm starting to see the sense in electric...less time needed wrenching.....more time available to just drive.....

the car was just plain FAST......way faster down a 100 ft straight than my r40.......easier to control,easier to drive,no tuning issues.....

just thinkin'...
I am hearing ya on that. I have been running Orions for around 2 years now, 8 turns and below. 2 years ago we were getting around 20 runs without a cut (at least 2-3 race meets) and with the 3800 IBs runtime was a snack. Recently to compete I have had to resort to a twisted comm 7 turn with the soft brushes, and that drops life down to 2-3 runs before it is toast.

I have never run a brushless before, cause frankly they were too slow to compete with the 7 turns until recently. The new 4.5 looks VERY interesting.

The only 3 things that I dont love about mod racing:

1. It is still a battery war. You gotta keep em new, 3 months or so and their voltage is gone away enuff that you notice it.
2. Freakin rubber tires.
3. The cars are much more fragile. Or mayby I crash too much. Or I should not use a 7 turn.
Old 06-18-2006, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

LOL, yeah we barely run mod at my track. Like we get maybe 3-4 people in that class just for the heck of playing around with there brushless and so forth. Its too fast for the small track.

Ive got my pro4 setup for 19t, hear its pretty good since the shaft gets some good kick.
Old 06-18-2006, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
LOL, yeah we barely run mod at my track. Like we get maybe 3-4 people in that class just for the heck of playing around with there brushless and so forth. Its too fast for the small track.

Ive got my pro4 setup for 19t, hear its pretty good since the shaft gets some good kick.
We run mod at this track. www.hobbystation.com.au

Its really small and tight, and we race 7 turns on it LOL. Size is no issue, its how much you want to crash
Old 06-18-2006, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

We try to get elec guys to come out, but we just don't get enough. They assume it's all nitro because a majority of guys who run there. Just have to get enough guys to run a class...most likely a mod class since the track is huge and everything will be a go. I still fear the worst of an elec car graphite chassis just snapping in two under a hard impact...if that can happen.

PS anyone want a stock R40 2speed with spare spurs and two sets of stock shafts to try making into LW shafts I have some up for sale. Sry to post it...but I have no access to a lathe.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi R40 fans!

Glad to know that a lot people do appreciate having a r40 kits..friends told me that i should get a g4 and they always say something bad abut r40, anybody who can relate with me?

Secondly, my 2nd spur gear always falls off, dont know why, i always tight the large screw to the left(im sure that is the way to tight the screw) and replaced a new "C-clip" but it keeps falling off, ..I had it cheked to my local HPI store and they tell me it looks just fine...

Thanks Guys! Hope we still have a long way with our r40,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.