HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If thats the case I'll get the G4S cause I can get it for $100 cheaper
Old 06-08-2006, 07:23 PM
Tech Regular

A.I. i have the HPI 12rxs is this an STS motor? If so, do you have the piston and sleeve that would fit it? It turned out my motor problems were my own doing. One of the head screws backed and caused a leak, causing it to loose compression. I got a good year out of it with over 2 gallons through it. However, when I took it aprt to look it over after the race it looks as if the piston and sleeve were pretty well burned up. I took it off the track after the race and temp'd it it was about 320! OOPS! let me know if you can help me out. Thanks.

Could I use this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/STS-12-D5R-P-S-P...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 06-08-2006, 07:25 PM
Tech Regular

Also, does anyone have an opinion of Rocket Science fuel? we got some at the hobby shop and everyone seems to like it. i currently run Byrons and no one likes it!
Old 06-08-2006, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Vulso-The HPI is STS based. It's a pretty good motor to start with.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:30 PM
Tech Regular

Ooh yeah it is a very good motor! I liked it alot and it was able to hang with motors that cost twice as much! that's why I want a new piston and sleeve set for it.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:25 PM
Tech Addict

Wohoo Surikarn Chaidejsuriya is attending the worlds so hopefully he will give the R40 a good showing
Old 06-09-2006, 05:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Default 'mother theresa mouth.'

Originally Posted by Proteus
Dude, slow your roll. Before you start blasting reputable members on this forum, think twice. Especially if your a noob, I wouldn't go around acting like that. People here will be less inclined to help you out. It's true that we always welcome new people, as this helps with growth. But for somebody with a mouth and attitude like that....we just don't need it. I'll be the first to admit that I don't have a Mother Theresa mouth, but there is a time and place to use those words. And judging by your tone and writing, you sound quite young....12, 13? So take the time and patience to learn from the people here that have been doing this for quite some time.
just one thing dude.
nope im not that young, wrong judgement.
and my 'tone'..cant remember i was talking....you 'sound quite young'..
dude...i'm only here to discuss things about my car. not bs..
and the things you wrote..
you think its worth this all.?
i dont need youre comment/ advice.
Old 06-09-2006, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i'm only here to discuss things about my car.

and i'm sure everyone will rush to talk with you.......
Old 06-09-2006, 06:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vulso
Also, does anyone have an opinion of Rocket Science fuel? we got some at the hobby shop and everyone seems to like it. i currently run Byrons and no one likes it!
Byrons is great , but rocket science could be worth a try. I have a sample of it that I have yet to test. Just do a back to back run.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by fastharry
and i'm sure everyone will rush to talk with you.......
:P:P

fast indeed..
just had my post done..and youre the first one replying on my post, at the very same moment..impressive.
now i know why they call you 'fastharry'. :P
Old 06-09-2006, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vulso
A.I. i have the HPI 12rxs is this an STS motor? If so, do you have the piston and sleeve that would fit it? It turned out my motor problems were my own doing. One of the head screws backed and caused a leak, causing it to loose compression. I got a good year out of it with over 2 gallons through it. However, when I took it aprt to look it over after the race it looks as if the piston and sleeve were pretty well burned up. I took it off the track after the race and temp'd it it was about 320! OOPS! let me know if you can help me out. Thanks.

Could I use this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/STS-12-D5R-P-S-P...QQcmdZViewItem
Yeah its an STS motor. Im not sure if it would work , but Id be willing to bet it would. Are you sure the motor is toast though? The leak would have made the motor hot. You can probably try sealing it back up , clean the piston top and sleeve with some metal polish , then with some alcohol , then lube it with some after-run oil and reassemble. Turn both needles 1 turn counterclockwise and retune slowly. You might also want to try cyrul it for a little and keep turning the HSN rich until you get about a tank through it. Then retune and I bet itll run good. If not , let me know Ill get you a discount on that.

Thats the 5-port btw. Id also suggest a new con-rod. Or for a few bucks more you can just toss the motor and go with the newer d3r and I can get you a discount on that. LMK. Im also selling modified versions of the d3r (A.I Modified) versions. Itll definently move fast.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
middle mount can be found cheaper. I got the gpm for curiosity. I then thought its a bit different from the hpi and reading from hpi japan said it changes the balance and grip levels for different tuning setups....

Are you using alkaline batteries? Get AAA 5 cell battery hump pack , then just recharge.

I'm using a 5 aaa hump. since I live quite far from the track, and have two packs of batteries. I want to just replace the pack and keep on going (trying to get as much run time as possible)

The middle mount changes the balance??/wow
I dont think I would be able to appreciate that yet, still learning the car.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Yep, the car came in time for testing sunday. Here it is.

Anyone ran the oneway front and solid axle in the rear...or have a track wide enough to run that setup? It seems most people's tracks are rather small.

Last edited by HarKonnenD; 06-10-2006 at 12:23 PM.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
Yep, the car came in time for testing sunday. Here it is.

Anyone ran the oneway front and solid axle in the rear...or have a track wide enough to run that setup? It seems most people's tracks are rather small.
Sweet, ride!! have fun testing it on sunday

~jason
Old 06-10-2006, 01:29 PM
Tech Elite

Definately. I'm gonna reset the car to the settings I had it at which I liked best. Since the 8th I probably won't drive for a while I may just toss the Jr in there. For the moment I do like the Hi 625MG. Not sure exactly when the 8th will be driven, but it's ready to run at any time. Some more suspension parts are going to be purchases and the rc screws kit as well. The LW gear can wait since the gearing is too tall for my liking. Might also go with the stratus body again, but a Lola is included so I'll use and the RX8.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.