Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Got the new Spektrum Micro RX for the R40.

It weighs 5.5 grams. Comes with an ultra short 4-6inch antenna (estimation). Its nice and small so it fits nicely in the R40 RX Box with room to spare.

I then went and took some thick foam and cut it out to make a box to fit the spektrum rx into. Fits perfect , looks great and I finally get to point my rx up so the wires can fit in easier. Good stuff for those who still use the RX Box. Another good thing about the micro rx , you can stuff your wires in there much more nicely.

Final result. Super Short antenna (dont need antenna holes anymore).

--

Positives: Lighter , Easier To work with RX Box (more room) , Shorter Antenna (less weight, lower cg and doesnt pass through the body so no more antenna holes). That also makes the car go faster since it gets less drag and it uses less power.

Negatives: Needs a bind plug to bind it , but you can make one if you loose it.

Last edited by Artificial-I; 05-25-2006 at 06:41 PM.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Just finished fixing my kit. Time to go shopping for the
battery
motor + pipe
servos
body
so on so forth so on so forth

one question, what is this?

btw, AMGracer, thanks or the screw/grease tip, it helped ALOT!!
Old 05-25-2006, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

No problems!

The indicated thing is a transponder holder.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:39 PM
Tech Addict

where did you get your p-dub bumper?
Old 05-25-2006, 09:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boggysv
Just finished fixing my kit. Time to go shopping for the
battery
motor + pipe
servos
body
so on so forth so on so forth

one question, what is this?

btw, AMGracer, thanks or the screw/grease tip, it helped ALOT!!

it is for a personal transponder, this item gives you a holding spot for the transponder.

Last edited by jscamry; 05-25-2006 at 11:17 PM.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:46 AM
Tech Master

I run my transponder in front of the front shock tower. I have a lexan mount that I attach to the shock tower. Gotta get that transponder over to loop first.

I need all the advantages I can get.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rapid Roy
I run my transponder in front of the front shock tower. I have a lexan mount that I attach to the shock tower. Gotta get that transponder over to loop first.

I need all the advantages I can get.
Last race we had someone win because they did that. 1st and 2nd was side by side.....one had the trans mounted far forward and won.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CraigH
where did you get your p-dub bumper?
Got it from p-dub direct.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks.

Wont the grease allow the screw to undo itself?

I plan to buy a setup system and better tools when budget allows. Before that, I still need to buy the engine
(trying to spread the cost over a few months so it doesnt look too bad)
LOL, No matter what you do the significant others have a knack for finding out! Do what I do save up money during the week. I have a weekly work budget, I usually take out $60-$100 a week for work. Put some of it aside, say $20 a week. Then pay for everything with USPS Money Orders.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:04 PM
Tech Initiate

I thought I'd share my new acquisition. I picked up this R40 from a guy in Florida. Great deal I think.
I got the R40 with a Mega ZX-12 w/ Dynamite tuned pipe, 3 races on them both. A PMB Setup system, Ofna True Start starter box, Losi shock matching tool, 3 sets of shocks, one threaded(on car). Extra set of unused foams, 4 Futaba S3003 servos, onboard temp sensor, failsafe unit, car stand, a .15 XTM engine and a .15FE HPI. One Futaba radio, two receivers, two CVDs and a lightened flywheel that look like their for an RS4. Two glow plug drivers and a glow wrench, extra plugs, screws, body clips, extra parts, some kind of CEN fuel pump and a tool box w/ some tools. Cap it off with a HPI New Era Mustang body. All that and a little more for $319.00 shipped. Check out the pics this thing is clean, it does have a minor diff leak in the front though. I have been hunting for months for a good deal, I finally got one.

Old 05-26-2006, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

nice find...I have a brand new super chassis(HPI's...)....its 74.99 at tower......I'll sell it for 59 shipped......(48 states only...)

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGEE5&P=7

Old 05-26-2006, 03:58 PM
Tech Initiate

I have to sell my RC10GT first, I'm going dedicated onroad. But if I get it sold quick I'll PM you.
But let me ask you guys this- Should I buy a better radio or take my basically hardly used stock R40 and buy better parts for it and maybe have some left over for my sons RS4 (if I get a good price for my GT). I have a JR FM XR3 radio w/ 4 almost new Futaba S3003 servos. My reasoning is buy some upgrade parts. Like a better pipe, new body, I hate that mustang body and gears etc? Right?
Old 05-26-2006, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PoPRC
I have to sell my RC10GT first, I'm going dedicated onroad. But if I get it sold quick I'll PM you.
But let me ask you guys this- Should I buy a better radio or take my basically hardly used stock R40 and buy better parts for it and maybe have some left over for my sons RS4 (if I get a good price for my GT). I have a JR FM XR3 radio w/ 4 almost new Futaba S3003 servos. My reasoning is buy some upgrade parts. Like a better pipe, new body, I hate that mustang body and gears etc? Right?
if your going to race it would be good to get a high speed/torque servo for the steering at least
Old 05-26-2006, 04:13 PM
Tech Initiate

I live in the City (Chicago). All of the local tracks are too far with my busy work schedule, so I can only get to them a couple of times during the season. What I am trying to do is get some local inner city onroad club racing going at local lots around the city. So I think the servos I got now will be fine, for now. But I was going to take the Dynamite pipe that came with my R40 and put it on my sons RS4. Then I'll buy myself a better pipe and some extra crash parts for both cars. I'm not in a hurry to go full out race equipped. For me right now its not about how fast but how consistent I can get.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:14 PM
Tech Initiate

How do you edit your posts? If it seems like my srvos don't hold then your right its probably a good Idea to replace them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.