Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 12:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Turbo Joe
Hey Rapid Roy...where do you race at?

I just got my R40 and I think I was the only one at Revelation last week...
I race mostly at La Mirada. I live only 20 minutes West of Revelation. I used to run there when it was closed. When it opened back up, I started racing, got my ROAR membership, then got too busy at work to race much. It got too expensive for ROAR membership for me and my son for 3 or 4 races a year, so I started going to the parking lot races. I found it to be more relaxed and my son could learn to drive without getting punted by 1/8 scale cars. Also the track at Revelation is a bit wide open for my taste, but its a great facility. They dropped the ROAR affiliation for there club racing and practicing now, but I haven't gone back yet. I have been thinking about showing up again though. Hara's race setup from his first ROAR championship win is on that track.

I'm pretty sure that I have talked to you on the phone last year about towing your trailer with my van to get Charlie's track out the the JGTC/D1 race last December.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Ohhhh...yeah.....that was you??? It is a pretty small world around here.

So far so good at Revelation. It is a bit big and fast...LOL...it is rather intimidating to go that fast, then have to turn.

Maybe I'll see you at LM or Revelation sometime. I'm starting to stock up on parts. That wall is pretty hard.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:30 AM
Tech Initiate

I was wondering what was a good recommended motor for a begginer, something not to hard to tune... and work on... I was told to pick up a O.S. .12 TZ, I was loooking at towerhobbies and found a bunch, some turbo some not, and some rotary not sure which one would be the right one.. can someone help me with a direct link to the correct one... thanks
Old 12-04-2005, 11:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dark_one22
I was wondering what was a good recommended motor for a begginer, something not to hard to tune... and work on... I was told to pick up a O.S. .12 TZ, I was loooking at towerhobbies and found a bunch, some turbo some not, and some rotary not sure which one would be the right one.. can someone help me with a direct link to the correct one... thanks
If you have a R40 then I suppose these are what u looking for:
3-port(legal) http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJFY8&P=0
5-port(outlaw) http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJFY9&P=0

Hope this helps
Old 12-04-2005, 11:56 AM
Tech Addict

Default binding steering wont return to centre

well, i seem to have fixed my problem were the steering wont centre. it turned out to be the servo saver. mine was to loose. . so it fixed. cheers
Old 12-05-2005, 01:26 PM
Tech Initiate

well I got my kit tonight... Im so excited to get started.... but I have to wait till my screw kit gets here... AHHH should be here some time this week..

Also, my girlfriend said she can spend around 150 for this holiday, so any ideas on what I should get,,, remember this is a stock r40... thanks..
Old 12-05-2005, 01:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

well I got my kit tonight... Im so excited to get started.... but I have to wait till my screw kit gets here... AHHH should be here some time this week..

Also, my girlfriend said she can spend around 150 for this holiday, so any ideas on what I should get,,, remember this is a stock r40... thanks..
perfect, get the LW shafts, the LW F/R shock towers, LW side brace, LW chassis and LW 2speed tranny.

That should take care of the $150 jajajaja maybe you'll have to put in some $50, but I guess that's a good deal
Good Luck
Old 12-05-2005, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Lightbulb

Hey Klander hows it going man?

dark-I also agree with him. Those are some upgrades to start with and indeed you will notice a big difference with just those alone.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
Hey Klander hows it going man?

dark-I also agree with him. Those are some upgrades to start with and indeed you will notice a big difference with just those alone.
HARK- not much man doing some offroad racing this past weekend at the texas speedway track in Houston, here are some pics. I have a Mayhem and it runs beautiful. check out some pics. The one with the yellow lid is mine
Attached Thumbnails HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-ek-mayhen-buen-brinco.jpg   HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-ek-mayhem-salida-hit-3.jpg   HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-ek-mayhem-hit-2.jpg  
Old 12-05-2005, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
SWEETNESS. I plan on purchasing an ST. They have a GT in the window that appears to be a teambuilt. It needs clutch gear and pipe. They should give it to me for a price below $200. The hitec servos I sent in for repares came back like an HR ago VIA ups. For now the 625mg will be steering and a std for throttle. The 945MG will go into the 8th onroad for steering.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:24 PM
Tech Rookie

hey, I just picked up a new remote for my r40 nothing crazy just a Futaba 3PM..... Now I'm thinking of getting better servo's for the car, any reconmendations?
Old 12-05-2005, 06:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by KLANDERMAN
perfect, get the LW shafts, the LW F/R shock towers, LW side brace, LW chassis and LW 2speed tranny.

That should take care of the $150 jajajaja maybe you'll have to put in some $50, but I guess that's a good deal
Good Luck
do i need to get both of these?
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFYN0&P=Z
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFYN3&P=M

and by side brace, do you mean mid-brace
Old 12-05-2005, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dubbed_Monk
hey, I just picked up a new remote for my r40 nothing crazy just a Futaba 3PM..... Now I'm thinking of getting better servo's for the car, any reconmendations?
Whats in there now? Good cheap servo from futaba is s3010. To tell you the truth though Ive run with the cheapest standard futaba servo on the steering, to the most expensive digital futaba....Now I may have noticed a difference....but with the crappy servos I placed first , while with the digital I dont even think I placed...lol.

Allthough it was somewhat sharper steering , the cheap servo drove just fine and actually had more of a smooth slower turn. While my exspensive servo I just end up turning down in speed via the remote.

Also the futaba 3PJS / 3PJ. I think is a great radio for the price right now. It can be found on ebay used or maybe if lucky new....but its cheap , it can sport a spektrum module and has all the options Ive ever needed. This model used to be the best until the 3PK came out which is really nice. But due to that fact you can find these for cheap as people are selling them and upgrading to the 3PK. Just something to look out for.

I think like 1 year ago I was seeing 3Pj's selling for under $100 with a lot of extras.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:20 PM
Tech Rookie

the servo's I have now is the futaba s3004....
Old 12-06-2005, 06:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

do i need to get both of these?
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFYN0&P=Z
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFYN3&P=M

and by side brace, do you mean mid-brace
Yes! The first shaft is the 2 speed, but the picture shows 2.
The second one is the front LW shaft. You need both.

If you don't wanna spend that much money, get the LW tranny and theLW shafts. Later you can get the other stuff, but with the LW shafts and tranny you'll feel the difference.
Side brace, mid brace... It's the one behing the engine that tensions the belt, you know what I mean lol..
later

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.