HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 06:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Im not too sure if you would run a one way on my track.. these are the best pics i could find... also what do you think about my qusition on the shock towers... thanks

Old 12-03-2005, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Is that RC madness?
Old 12-03-2005, 06:57 AM
Tech Initiate

yes it is.... do you go there often or what?
Old 12-03-2005, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Eventually I was planning on going up there, but I'd like something a bit closer and that I can do some indoor offroad racing. If I move to a closer location I'll definately go there for nitro onroad.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dark_one22
Im not too sure if you would run a one way on my track.. these are the best pics i could find... also what do you think about my qusition on the shock towers... thanks

It looks worth a try. As for the CF towers. There are other brands and im sure cheaper. But every setup on the net has the cf ones from hpi. I looked at the other brands and they do offer more positions , but im not sure if the same ones as the hpi are offered. So if you like using setup sheets and stuff its good to stick with hpi , but if your more of a tune it yourself then you could try the gpm or 3racing ones.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:23 AM
Tech Initiate

you guys wouldent know of any sites that sell r40 that take paypal as a form of payment???? lmk asap...
Old 12-03-2005, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

SpeedtechRC.com has them listed on their site...R40 listing
Old 12-03-2005, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

Early HPI Christmas present to myself , from.....myself. LOL.

Got the confirmation of some new HPI goodies on the way.

HPI Temp Gun - Chose this, even though my raytec is nice and all but the hpi temp gun will make me take readings from same spot everytime and the raytec I just dont trust over top of the body.

HPI Fuel Bottle - Never had one and I had an ok fuel bottle that I lost. Got one from my lhs during a race and its terrible. I have a feeling the hpi bottle is going to be much nicer.

HPI Power Fuel - Never had this one either , no one carries this locally and I always wanted to try this.

HPI Delrin Pivot Ball - Not sure if it will work on the R40 , if it does good...if not its going on the PRO4. LOL, its a good backup reason to buy these one off parts to try.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dark_one22
You could possibly use a oneway on that track depending on grip levels. There appears to be no sections where hard braking is required. You can brake with a oneway BTW if your car is not tweaked, just not super hard.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Post BIG DECISION

Indeed it is as I'm not sure to keep or sell the 8th. It's gonna to be quite an experience to drive and it is to race. Pretty much with that class there's no beginner class. It's learn how to be like the rest or go home. I figured if I get $700 for it ($650 for the price I'd give it to my friend), the collection for the R40 can begin as well as save some $$ towards the real car. Spare spur gears, pinions, and other things can be bought for the car. I won't buy the hara version because that's too damn expensive and surely isn't worth the price. With the MTX4 people are buying parts off ebay as some stock ones are a little flexy. My R40 will soon just get a LW chassis, new upper deck, and few other lighter parts. Other than that, a setupboard, maybe a tire truer, and some other things will be purchased. I'm also thinking of a new engine as well...whether or not I'd need that too. It's highly doubted as this Rody does put out some nice power and is quite reliable, but I may try an NSR or N12 engine. That or the JP FX12 03 (ace has em for $300). I'm about 60% on selling the 8th. Anyone else think I'm doing the right thing...or making a good move rather?
Old 12-03-2005, 08:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
Indeed it is as I'm not sure to keep or sell the 8th. It's gonna to be quite an experience to drive and it is to race. Pretty much with that class there's no beginner class. It's learn how to be like the rest or go home. I figured if I get $700 for it ($650 for the price I'd give it to my friend), the collection for the R40 can begin as well as save some $$ towards the real car. Spare spur gears, pinions, and other things can be bought for the car. I won't buy the hara version because that's too damn expensive and surely isn't worth the price. With the MTX4 people are buying parts off ebay as some stock ones are a little flexy. My R40 will soon just get a LW chassis, new upper deck, and few other lighter parts. Other than that, a setupboard, maybe a tire truer, and some other things will be purchased. I'm also thinking of a new engine as well...whether or not I'd need that too. It's highly doubted as this Rody does put out some nice power and is quite reliable, but I may try an NSR or N12 engine. That or the JP FX12 03 (ace has em for $300). I'm about 60% on selling the 8th. Anyone else think I'm doing the right thing...or making a good move rather?
If you have decided to go into 1/10 more seriously but cant keep up to feed 1/8, especially you need to feed your real car and extra equip for ur r40, I think it's a good choice to sell it while it still worths the cash. And when you think you are ready for 1/8 there will be new kit available anyways. Just my little thought.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Lightbulb

Surprisingly despite the fact I payed $3800 for the car I had to pay tax n all which brought it upto $4119. Then:

Registration- $126
Serpentine belt-$161
Car necessities-$235
Insurance-$971

So yeah that cash went by fast. I'm down to around $1200 and surely that won't last long. Despite the fact my lil ride is a 4cylinder I drive 12miles coming and going. School will be over though so there surely won't be much driving. Two RC I've had surely didn't cost me that much.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Exclamation Hmm....

With all that being said..it will be hard to get what it's worth though. Some people been bragging bout finding this n that on Ebay. I looked myself and never found a thing. Either way it goes, it can be a shelf weapon while I still have my $$ coming in to save towards gas and optional R40 gear. As I said for now I'm set for racing. I just need the setup board which may be an xmas gift, and possibly a new pipe.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Theres a few on ebay right now for cheap.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:20 PM
Tech Initiate

What the heck happend to rcscrewz.com??? today when i went to order the r40 screw kit, there was no r40 on the site.... theres no 1/10's at all... anyone know what happend???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.