Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dubbed_Monk
but the plug ends are different from each other, so won't be able to plug one end into the other..... ( the battery one has a end with 2 wires and 3 holes kinda flat and the one on the car has 2 hole and shaped differently)

I'm not going to have time to head to the lhs till sat, so I wanted to know if it's just a battery issue where they give me one with the wrong plug end.
I think it's the receiver cause the savage receiver uses a different battery pack where you pop in 4aa batteries....
Thanks
Okay, it sounds like the plug for the wire going into the switch is different. Is it still flat, and just narrower because its only got 2 wires? or is it square shaped? If its flat, and narrow, you can either get a pack with a different plug or cut down the one you have so it fits. The other option is to bypass the switch and simply plug the battery directly into the receiver.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:57 AM
Tech Addict

well that is all my r40 does it side ways action hehehe, cant seem to get it tracing straight. cheers.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bummy
well that is all my r40 does it side ways action hehehe, cant seem to get it tracing straight. cheers.
Pretty much same for me until I swapped to the mazda6 body and twister tires. Also stratus 3.1 and hpi aero 2 body are good choices.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bummy
Have you tried setting your car with cero toe-in front and 2.5 toe-in in the rear?
Also try neg 2.5 camber on both front and rear tires. Ride heigt? whats your height? were you race is it real smooth? I have mine set up at 5mm front and 6mm rear.

Good luck!
Old 11-28-2005, 03:48 PM
Tech Adept

My car drives so straight its I would think its on rails. Also my unswept street has got some massive sloping(crown) yet it still goes straight. I also tuned that by eye
Old 11-28-2005, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Hey klander hows it going? Check this out.

For my R40 I still have no diff oil in the rear, but with a change of tires it really handles on rails. Toe in or not in the rear and front as well it will track straight as long as the tires are right and the surface offering great traction.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

BTW my R40 also awaits a new radio.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

R40 Chassis List. I figured I would post all the R40 chassis I know of and have confirmed their exsistance, except one.

1. Stock HPI R40 / 2.5mm *
2. HPI Lightweight Super Chassis / 3mm *
3. Solid HPI HARA Edition Chassis.
3. K Factory Chassis
4. 3racing chassis / 4mm *
5. GPM Chassis / 3mm
6. Sage Racing Chassis / 3mm & 4mm *
7. HardCore Racing Titanium Chassis / (might not exsist , but saw evidence it might)
8. Team Blue Star / 3.5mm

* All the ones I have in my possesion.

Last edited by Artificial-I; 11-30-2005 at 05:30 AM.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Of the ones you own, which do you prefer?
Old 11-29-2005, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Lightbulb

Yes I'd also like to know especially of the differences between the HPI LW chassis and the 3 racing chassis.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Actually I have the 3racing chassis. It weighs exactly the same as the stock HPI chassis. Using an Ohaus CS-200 digital scale i get 112.5g for both. The HPI LW chassis scales out at 92.7g. As for the others I don't know. I came really close to getting the Team Blue Star titainium chassis offered on Ebay but decided the $ would be better spent getting the 0.8 clutchbell since the LW 2speed kit (read as incomplete kit) contains everything but the bell.(another brilliant sales idea)Duh!
Old 11-30-2005, 12:31 AM
MrD
Tech Initiate

Wow! There are some R40 chassis manufacturers that I didn't know existed. Where do they sell those online? These I can't find:
- K Factory Chassis
- GPM Chassis
- Sage Racing Chassis / 3mm & 4mm
- HardCore Racing Titanium Chassis

Oh, and which one is the best one out of all the R40 chassis?? Thanks...
Old 11-30-2005, 05:54 AM
Tech Initiate

So last nite I picked up a R40 for 200 brand new in box (fisrt rc in two years), and this will be the first rc that I intend to get serious with. Anyway I wanted to get your advise on a few things.

First, snice this will be my first attemp at getting into racing, I was wondering what motor would be a good recommendation for someone learning all over. Im looking for something that is will be easy to tune for a first engine but still pack a punch. I know this has been talked about before, but this things are always being updated that I thought I would just ask for myself.

2nd, I wanted to know what you guys thought, about upgrades. Im not looking to go crazy on upgrades, just a few things to help me out.

This parts were recommend to me:

lw chassis (whats a good recommendation)
front one-way
Competition Aluminum Threaded Shocks (what recommendation?)
Carbon fiber front/rear towers

Any other parts you may wanna recommend, Go ahead.

Also any tips or advise before I build the R40?

Thank you
Eddie

Edit: How do I know if im getting a 2004 r40? is it just a newer version that came out in 2004? Like lets say if i were to order a r40 from towerhobbies, would that be the the 2004 model? I dont understand... thanks...

Last edited by dark_one22; 11-30-2005 at 06:26 AM.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:58 AM
Tech Elite

gpm has the worst info available for our cars , almost as bad as hpi usa.

You have to goto gpmracing.com.hk and then goto news , because they are too lazy to put the r40 into the regular option part dir. Even though Ive seen it in the news section for probably over 6 months.

Part # HR4016 , see if your gpm dealer can snag one for you.

Further part #'s can be referenced from here: http://www.gpmracing.com.hk/car/page/hpi_nitro_r40.html

And photos are here:

http://www.gpmracing.com.hk/car/page/pop_r40_1.asp

--

K Factory - Cant find jack on it , but saw it in person , jea3 aka JOE of CVEC has it.

--

Sage Racing - ebay

--

Hardcore Racing , cant find anything on it but saw suggestion of it. I will try contacting them and k-factory about these invisible parts.

--

As of all the chassis I cant say which is the best yet as I havent tested them. But my guess is all cars and tracks arent created or modified equally. So my best chassis pick , could be your worse.

I will say this though. I used to believe stiffer was better in the chassis department for R/C's. I think it might have been true for earlier sloppier cars. But for the R40 and PRO4. It seems the thinner and more flexy the chassis the better it handles rougher surfaces....aka asphalt tracks. Where as indoor and whatever smooth tracks you might find can use a stiffer chassis.

What gave me the final clue for the R40 is the new hara chassis says this:

"The R40 Hara Edition has lower centre of gravity due to the new radio equipment layout so that the receiver battery can be mounted "on" the chassis. The chassis is thinner with better roll performance. Rigidity and roll performance are well balanced at a higher level" - from hpi usa.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:13 AM
Tech Initiate

can you pick up the new hara chassis, or is it included in the kit only? if i can buy it, is it in the states, and am i required to buy other hara edition parts in order to us it on my r40...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.