HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 07:46 PM
Tech Adept

yeah r/c skills dont play much in a game with limited physics and a joypad and some buttons. Rather than consistancy its more reaction time and hand eye cordination. Which i still have So i smoke ppl in video games all the time... I grew up into them as well as r/c. Fast Harry remeber when in doubt Click All the Buttons like crazy
Old 08-31-2005, 09:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

FastHarry:

Its good to know you are not just into RC (200+cars) and specially at your age you are still into the games...nice.

I do the same when I am not racing at Pro-Speed or Barnstormers I'm off with the boyz online playing baseball and football (PS2).

PSP is nice I am getting one this weekend before they upgrade their firmware and we can't do nice tricks to it like downloading games for free...lolz...

Back to topic. I have not had a chance to run On-Road as much this year even though the R40 has all the hop ups required to meet the 2004 KIT standards.

I am curious to know why HPI really does not do a better job in providing the US with the same KITS as in Europe and Japan. And foremost why they dance around with the release dates.

They forget that they have harcore fans here and we'd like a little more respect.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:39 PM
Tech Master

Here's my .02 on why this happens. HPI isn't really sure about how to market the R40 in the US. They seem to be focused on the monster truck market. I can understand this, but I think HPI could still do better for the on road Nitro market. HPI revolutionized the 200mm market with the RS4 and kept a lions share of the market until Serpent and Mugen and others began introducing there "pro" level touring cars. I know HPI had a new car on the drawing board and almost ready for production, but then the designer left the company. At the same time the micro market took off big time. After that it was the monster truck market. Durring this time HPI fell behind, and instead of releasing a pro level chassis, came out with the RS4-3 which was based on there 4wd monster truck. They finally got things together and released the R40 and had imediate success with Hara winning the ROAR championships 2 years in a row. Even so, they don't attend all the big races. Because of this, many people continue to think that HPI sells "Sport" level cars for the parking lot basher.

I do think that HPI could really promote themselfs as a viable race platform if they simply sponsored local racers in 2 or 3 of the larger markets. The most importaint one being southern cal. since they are located there. It wouldn't cost them much, just provide them with cars and parts. In return, they would get exposure and feedback on durability and functionality.

Because none if this or other efforts are happening, the US market is small. So HPI doesn't want to pump money and effort into somthing they see as a small return on their investment. HPI Asia, on the other hand seems to be pushing foward harder for the R40, so they come out with "team" kits and various race developed hop ups.

Sorry for the rambling here. For some reason I keep coming back to HPI. They do have a really good performing car. And offer great value. They have there savage slam race series as well as the HPI challenge races. They also donate prizes to many local races.

They have there good and not so good points like any company. I guess its up to each of us what we like.

Man, I gotta stop now. My fingers are sore
Old 08-31-2005, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KLANDERMAN
BAD ASS!!! I've been wanting to get the spectrum system, but I'm afraid if it's going to work with my kopropo radio. It's the mars radio, the one before the x1, so I don't know if it'll work.
Klanderman: Email spektrum or horizon they might know.

Yeah im hoping the spektrum works out good. It should allow me some more practice time. Then when I upgrade to the 3pk, my unit should swap right over no problems. They also use less power so Ill get more runtime out of the TX, not sure about the RX ill look into it.

Right now im also finalizing my pro4. But just found out they dont have a mod class really at my track so I need to get a 19T. Also got done building my first battery pack, it was kind of a pain but worthwhile. Guess Im just going to take the thing out and run it for fun this saturday. Then get myself a nice 19t for the next set of club races.

Then im working on my mazda6 body tongith for this weekends race for the R40. Not sure what to do for schemes. Any got any ideas or places to check out stuff?
Old 08-31-2005, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

)
Originally Posted by SasonRC
FastHarry:

Its good to know you are not just into RC (200+cars) and specially at your age you are still into the games...nice.

I do the same when I am not racing at Pro-Speed or Barnstormers I'm off with the boyz online playing baseball and football (PS2).

PSP is nice I am getting one this weekend before they upgrade their firmware and we can't do nice tricks to it like downloading games for free...lolz...

Back to topic. I have not had a chance to run On-Road as much this year even though the R40 has all the hop ups required to meet the 2004 KIT standards.

I am curious to know why HPI really does not do a better job in providing the US with the same KITS as in Europe and Japan. And foremost why they dance around with the release dates.

They forget that they have hardcore fans here and we'd like a little more respect.

Forget all the homebrew stuff.........the games all suck.....and you need 1.50 anyway....I don't think you'll find one of those left anyway.....

2.0 is great.......esp since it gives the PSP the ability to record in AVC..the improved MPEG 4 standard.....btw,2.0 is going to be included(AND necessary) to play all the newest games...including gran turismo....
Old 08-31-2005, 03:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Check it out!!! Just got my stuff from towers, got the .18cv-r engine, the carbon upper deck, the rear brace and the rear carbon shock tower for my hpi rs4 racer 2.
Attached Thumbnails HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-carbon-racer-2.jpg   HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-carbon-upper-deck.jpg   HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-18-arriba.jpg   HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-rear-carbon-tower.jpg   HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-carbon-rear-brace.jpg  

Old 08-31-2005, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

makes me want to pull my 3 racer 2's off the shelf and run them

Old 09-01-2005, 07:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

NICE!!!! look at all the cars... I envy you FH, I wish I had all those cars, but I'm turning 30 on saturday, maybe when I'm 51 I'll have at least a couple more on my list lol...
Old 09-02-2005, 02:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default more up grades

I have the basic R40 kit with the Lt 2speed, bearing for steering and front one way. What up-grades would you guys do next? Ti screw set? Lt weight chassis? Graphite shock towers? and were could I find them at the best price?
Thanks!!!!
Old 09-02-2005, 02:51 PM
Tech Regular

It is hard to find a HPI lightweight chassis for cheap. I have one on my car and I love it. This is what I have. Light weight chassis from HPI, hollow shafts, Acer bearings, steering upgrade, graphite shock towers, have lightweight two-speed (not installed), hollow engine blocks, and have purple metal spacers.

For the money go with the shafts (less rotating weight), and for overall go with the HPI chassis.
Old 09-02-2005, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

GP shock towers, LW shafts, LW2 speed, and LW chassis is a start. I find the steering on my car to be pretty smooth so I didn't get that Steering upgrade. Infact I don't recall installing any bushings in that area. I'm still waiting for the LW chassis. The one way and solid rear isnt an upgrade really IMO, but a preference of gear diff vs one way and it depends on the track.

Klander-I'll be gettin the CD3 Pro with the MT12 I sold to my friend. He says he doesn't drive it anymore and I did like it. I'm giving him my buggy for it and a body. Gonna try my Rody in the car to see how it runs.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

check out the new cars from HPI.....

1/5th scale buggy..

1/8th scale truggie......

thanks to radio control zone....check them out in the new products forum..
Old 09-03-2005, 04:15 AM
Tech Elite

Whoa thats an interesting product for them to release....it actually looks pretty well worked.
Old 09-03-2005, 04:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hi guys!

could you help me fix myproblem... the flywheel of my engine is rather hard to turn which makes the engine really hard to start. since this morning till now, i havent been able to start it. I tried taking out the glow plug, and the flywheel turns fast but when i place it back to the head, it goes back to the old problem. Ive ruled out the problem with the glowplug and the glow igniter since theyre both brand new and the glow plug burns really bright orange.

if you can help me, please send me a pm thank you in advance!
Old 09-03-2005, 05:23 AM
Tech Elite

If this is the first time your trying to run the motor. I would suggest using a hair dryer or preferrably a heat-gun to heat the motor up closer to operating temperatures and this will also help loosen the tight clearances so its easier to turn over.

I would also drop one drop of after run oil in there to help lube things up a bit.

See if that helps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.