Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Hey guys. How do you get the clutch to engage earlier / later?

I never had to mess with it until now. Also what shoe do you reccomend. I see people saying the black slips.

Im having trouble engaging now. I have to get really high to get anything.
to engage sooner you need to loosen the clutch nut..
there's a little hole in the clutch bell right behind the second pinion.. stick a small allen wrench in their to grab the nut.. you'll have to turn the flywheel until it catches.. once it grabs then turn the flywheel clockwise to loosen the nut..
Old 07-02-2005, 10:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Would have been nice to have you at the track. I was taking it apart and doing it by hand...which btw hurts like hell on that thing.

I dunno what the problem was though it was slipping then towards the end it was gripping nicely.

But I ran the car for a good 3 hours. I couldnt tell really any difference at all with the part. Otherwise I wasnt really paying attention just breaking in the motor.

Which BTW D3R's are just insane fast. This is my fastest motor yet. Which makes me really notice how I cannot drive with something so quick. When its being run ultra rich im an amazing driver. All my points and apexs and lines are perfect. When I lean the motor out. Im squirlley im late on apexes , go in too fast , spin out....lol. Its fun but man I wish I could handle the power.

But there was no traction compound so maybe that will help tommorrow. But all in all had good fun. Not a soul was there, so I get to have the advantage over everyone tommorrow. I got to have the track layout all to myself, while the sun was nicely setting and into the night. It was a nice day considering how beautiful the sky was.

Its time like this that truly make this hobby an enjoyment. Hopefully Ill post tommorrow another win. I just gotta find the right setting of speed and control. Enough speed to win but not too much that I cant handle it.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

I'll add my .02 about chassis flex. From my personal experiance and my reading, tuning the chssis flex can be very benificial. Chassis flex allows your car to get less upset, darty, or squirrely when the track is not perfectly flat. The bumpier the track, the more chassis flex helps. I think of it as a progressive spring.
Old 07-03-2005, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rapid Roy
I'll add my .02 about chassis flex. From my personal experiance and my reading, tuning the chssis flex can be very benificial. Chassis flex allows your car to get less upset, darty, or squirrely when the track is not perfectly flat. The bumpier the track, the more chassis flex helps. I think of it as a progressive spring.
Dont know how you tuning the chassis flex can be beneficial since its impossible to do. But I think I understand what you meant otherwise.

Its good to have some.
Old 07-03-2005, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

well after reading all the previous post's,at least i know why adding every option in the book to my 3 racer 2's(graphite arms,super chassis,top decks...metal posts,etc....)...produced the dartiest cars alive...
Old 07-03-2005, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fastharry
well after reading all the previous post's,at least i know why adding every option in the book to my 3 racer 2's(graphite arms,super chassis,top decks...metal posts,etc....)...produced the dartiest cars alive...
Ah the good ol days. Yup I got every single carbon graphite part imaginable. I even went and put together some graphite pro3 shocks just for the heck of it too. Titanium side-braces. I know even more so a lot of us were getting aftermarket chassis that were ultra stiff.

I even remember really no one spoke about total weight. Not only that people were talking about how heavier chassis were better because they helped the car stick to the ground. LOL. It makes sense in a way I guess.
Old 07-03-2005, 04:49 PM
Tech Master

stiffer springs and heavier shock oil have got my r40 darty enough for now..

being too darty is what I didn't like about the pro 4.. could be why everyone uses a thinner chassis... at least on asphalt.. they want it to flex some..
Old 07-03-2005, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

I forgot to mention. Racing today was alright. I went out today and forgot I had zero bump in the rear. I fixed that before the a-main and I added some wintergreen alcohol to the tires to clean them and increase traction. Car stuck like glue afterwards!

Sadly I sat on my lid for a good 30 seconds during the A-main.

I went from 2nd in the qualifiers to 5th or worse in the a-main. I guess it was a hot day cause 4 times when my car either flipped or got stuck they sat there for 10 seconds before anyone even moved.

I hate that the most because It wasnt skill or the car that made me loose.
Old 07-03-2005, 05:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by fastharry
I would have done the exact same thing. Now from a handling perspective theres no need to spend so much cash on carbon graphite, titanium, aluminium rigid parts which is great. the kit straight out of the box would be more drivable and probably quicker.
I guess we would only go and blaze the money saved on even more weight saving parts anyway, but that can only be a good thing. I know this is where I'm gonna concentrate more on the car now.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:27 PM
Tech Initiate

I think the only beneficial hop up parts for the car are in the drivetrain.... but good ones also would be.... the woven graphite shock towers, bearing steering upgrade, front one-way (if you like it)..... that my .02 on this.....
Old 07-03-2005, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

maybe next winter,I'll put a stock racer 2 together out of spare STOCK parts.....see how it runs....BTW,here's a picture of the cars....

Old 07-03-2005, 08:52 PM
Tech Regular

maybe next winter,I'll put a stock racer 2 together out of spare STOCK parts.....see how it runs....BTW,here's a picture of the cars....

I spend alot of time prepairing two R40's , I can't imagine how you guys manage an inventory of cars like this and still stay married...(assuming you are)
Old 07-03-2005, 09:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

can some one tell me the engine that hara used to win that nationals that first year. i know it was navirossi, but which model?
Old 07-03-2005, 09:41 PM
Tech Initiate

i believe it was the RS12NS3......
Old 07-03-2005, 11:00 PM
Jye
Tech Regular

http://www.maxysfuel.com/content/mod...showpage&pid=8

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.