Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KLANDERMAN
NICE! I can tell that the RODY really is a fast engine. After taking all the weight from my car I was able to hang with the SERPENT IMPACTS on straights... That was easy, but on the turns they were still quiker than me, no problem I still have to take like 65 grams more as soon as my trinity pack arrives..lol
Really though those cars are heavier than nitro sedans, but their .15BB engines got so much low end than .12s that will push them to acceleration speeds nitros sedans can't do. Remember that houston video I showed you? It's insane! I mean when was the last time you seen a nitro sedan shift like that from first to second and blast down the backstretch? After watching many big events I sure havent. Using them wide rear tires, solid rear axle, front oneway, and lola body, they are basically the little brother of the 8th scale so speed and handling will be similiar. My R40 just handles better with body on or off while the 235mm and 8th onroads need the bodies. For now I like driving the R40 for just blastin up and down the lot. People watch us all the time.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

http://www.brucknerhobbies.com/image...stonmedium.mov

Thats the vid if you forgot.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

YEAH the handling is superb, but that about the only competition I have, there are many R-40s, but not as fast as mine, a couple of serpents 710, but also too heavy, so no competition there, I also race my HPI racer and that where i have a blast because we race at the parking lot and it's like 6 of us at the same time with stock engines....
Old 06-06-2005, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Man then you need to come up here and race with us instead. Plenty of competition.
Attached Thumbnails HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-normal_dscn0317.jpg   HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-normal_dsc02426.jpg   HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-normal_p1010088.jpg   HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-normal_p52900121.jpg   HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-normal_p52900211.jpg  

Old 06-06-2005, 10:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
Man then you need to come up here and race with us instead. Plenty of competition.
You are right! maybe I should show up there for a weekend or so...

There is a big rae in july in Costa Rica, I might just show up there and race some... lol
Old 06-06-2005, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

How will you get up here though? It's really far. Big events are weekends and thats when they use the boards. Weekdays they use the firehose.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

YEAH figure of speech I guess!!! I used to race in Houston my inferno, but then I got into onroad and haven't use it since.There is a track there, Texas speed way on Bellair I beleive the hobby shop is called M&M hobby center, it used to be I&I hobby center. The have a nice track there.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gibbous
Art - what was your track surface and your setup? Nice job!
Front One Way
-1 camber all around
Black Springs in the Front
Red Proceed In the Rear
Rear sway Bar Black
Front tire: 40 Jaco Nitro Shoes
Rear tire: 35 Jaco Nitro Shoes
CF Shock Towers Front and Rear / Base Setting
All Positions base settings.
Ride height I tuned for the track.
Set the bump so the chassis wouldnt scratch and thats about it.

Not sure the shock weights though....thats the only problem. I plan on possibly just removing this setup and installing new shocks with new stock oil settings. Somewhere around 50-60weight and see how it goes.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Wow. Just had to share my experience today with shipment of items. I ordered one item on fri. Its here on monday.

The other was stuff from rcmart. I chose the slow shipping and it got here so fast I would have figured they were in the us.

I think customs let my item go straight through or something.

But I got a intellect 3600 cell on my order and I read reviews on it and how it looses punch. I was like damn. I want the 3800 which everyone said is better and doesnt loose punch.

Well I sent them a message saying can I change my order.

I got no response and was like oh man. Ive been checking the status of my order and it says leaving port or something to that nature.

Well it also arrived today and guess what. With the 3800 cell. Wow, ultra fast shipping and free upgrade to 3800 cell. Go rcmart. This is the 3rd time dealing with them and its been nothing but great so far.

Hope it keeps up.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:26 PM
Tech Regular

Hark were you at floyd bennet today? if so you really should let me know i'm only 20 min from there, and i'm usually free during the day.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Wow. Just had to share my experience today with shipment of items. I ordered one item on fri. Its here on monday.

The other was stuff from rcmart. I chose the slow shipping and it got here so fast I would have figured they were in the us.

I think customs let my item go straight through or something.

But I got a intellect 3600 cell on my order and I read reviews on it and how it looses punch. I was like damn. I want the 3800 which everyone said is better and doesnt loose punch.

Well I sent them a message saying can I change my order.

I got no response and was like oh man. Ive been checking the status of my order and it says leaving port or something to that nature.

Well it also arrived today and guess what. With the 3800 cell. Wow, ultra fast shipping and free upgrade to 3800 cell. Go rcmart. This is the 3rd time dealing with them and its been nothing but great so far.

Hope it keeps up.
if thats the case, I may just drop tower altogether... their shipping has been getting slower and slower.. It used to be I would always get stuff ordered from them in no more than 3 days.. the last few times its been 6 or more..
Old 06-06-2005, 04:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

I ordered from tower just last week. On thursday via parts xpress ,the 3.99 shipping, and it came today. I love thier service. I may try rcmart for tires and such later. Got the parts for the r40 the motor, lola, and tires should be here wendsay. Gotta get to the track thursday.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nsxshogun
I ordered from tower just last week. On thursday via parts xpress ,the 3.99 shipping, and it came today. I love thier service. I may try rcmart for tires and such later. Got the parts for the r40 the motor, lola, and tires should be here wendsay. Gotta get to the track thursday.
thats how it used to be for me, but not lately... I ordered stuff on the 28th doing the 3.99 parts express and still have not gotten it.
the invoice says it was shipped on the 1st and should be here by the 10th..
I can drive to chicago and sleep in a motel every night in less time than that...
Old 06-06-2005, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by onnetz
if thats the case, I may just drop tower altogether... their shipping has been getting slower and slower.. It used to be I would always get stuff ordered from them in no more than 3 days.. the last few times its been 6 or more..
Yeah before tower was the stuff for me. But Ive been noticing rcmart blows them away and more or less carries the stuff I want now.

Tower doesnt seem to carry much in the department of nitro engines , foam tires , r40 parts , electric batteries and r40 option parts.

But rcmart does and yes they may cost a lot to ship here but Ive done the calculations.

Like right now jaco nitro foams are 7 dollars a pair. Thats 14 a set. Thats damn cheap....and I doubt shipping is more than 5 dollars per set. So thats 17 a set. Thats about as cheap as you can get it. I think it averages 9 dollars per set from them.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Hark,

I just ordered my R40 and am looking at engines.... And the RODY looks sweet.... I am just wondering what version do you have?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.