Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 04:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Harry!!

When are you coming to race with us and start reclaiming your Touring Car Crown?!!
Old 05-08-2005, 05:05 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by NitroHead
Hey Harry!!

When are you coming to race with us and start reclaiming your Touring Car Crown?!!
If I can ever get away from my girlfriend.. ...
Old 05-08-2005, 05:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Any 1/8th car is way too wide to fit on to a sedan.
AMG thanks, so I guess I'll have to wait to see how To adapt the V ONE RRR on my R-40.
Old 05-08-2005, 05:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

If I can ever get away from my girlfriend.. ...
What happened to the 'Heman Women Haters Club'???

Our next race takes place on Sunday May 22nd.

Track location;
Middlesex County College
2600 Woodbridge Ave
Edison, NJ 08818

I don't know if you know, but we have a new drivers stand.

Bring the guys with you!
Old 05-08-2005, 08:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Default clutch

i have 2 mugen clutches laying around.If i use one of them ,all
i should need to buy is a .8 mugen clutch bell.Is this right.Would really like to run the r40 if i can get the clutch issue fixed.
Old 05-08-2005, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

If setup and shimmed properly the R40 clutch works great. No other clutch is need. Use the stock and the stock shims only. I used all 6 for my Rody V12 and set the adjuster nut to stock position. I also installed a big washer before the collet went on. MY setup works great.
Old 05-08-2005, 05:25 PM
Tech Adept

Exclamation

......OOPS forgot to put the washer behind the collet. Is this the reson why my clutch is acting a bit different than i wanted to? How would u get the collet off cause its stuck there tight. BTW my steering is a bit sticky and my servo won't go back to neutral. If i turn right and let go of the tx wheel then it goes back to an off-centered neutral that is a bit to the right. There a fix?
Old 05-08-2005, 05:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

I had the same problem. Couldn't ever fix it...........
Old 05-08-2005, 05:38 PM
Tech Master

Took the R40 to the track today and wow! The handling was phenomenal. The car took a beating until my last run where I clipped the wall taking out my upper rear tie rod, brand new VR12 exhaust, upper and lower front arms, dogbone, and body. I was hitting stuff all day, but I guess it could not take it any longer. I ran the car a total of 6 hours today and I cannot be more delighted.

Definately got better as the day went on, but the last wreck did me in. I already need to spend $75 to fix my brand new car, but life is learning. And wrecking all day will eventually cost something.

I did Josh Cyrul's break in method and I am still on the original glow plug. The engine ran like a champ all day. (Little rich)

There was no racing since it was Mother's Day.
Old 05-08-2005, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Greenbox
......OOPS forgot to put the washer behind the collet. Is this the reson why my clutch is acting a bit different than i wanted to? How would u get the collet off cause its stuck there tight. BTW my steering is a bit sticky and my servo won't go back to neutral. If i turn right and let go of the tx wheel then it goes back to an off-centered neutral that is a bit to the right. There a fix?
Forgetting the washer behind the collet would require a few more shims so YES - this was probably the problem. Just use a real thin-bladed common screw driver to wedge it in between the collet and the engine bearing and then twist the blade... then work it off from there...

Steering not returning to center - Very possible that your pivot balls are binding.. back them off so there is no or little play but there should be no slop also. If this doesnt work, start by isolating steering components one at a time to see what is binding the system.
Old 05-08-2005, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Greenbox
I was going to post about this. It just occured to me that people probably forgot this washer. The clutch flat out wont work without it.

The collet should come off if you open it up a little with a flat blade screwdriver then pry it off.

What brand servo you use?
Old 05-08-2005, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

LOL missed JAGs answers
Old 05-08-2005, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by performula
Took the R40 to the track today and wow! The handling was phenomenal. The car took a beating until my last run where I clipped the wall taking out my upper rear tie rod, brand new VR12 exhaust, upper and lower front arms, dogbone, and body. I was hitting stuff all day, but I guess it could not take it any longer. I ran the car a total of 6 hours today and I cannot be more delighted.

Definately got better as the day went on, but the last wreck did me in. I already need to spend $75 to fix my brand new car, but life is learning. And wrecking all day will eventually cost something.

I did Josh Cyrul's break in method and I am still on the original glow plug. The engine ran like a champ all day. (Little rich)

There was no racing since it was Mother's Day.
So much for the car being weak right? I beat mine to hell and back for 18 months and the breakage list is below $100.
Old 05-08-2005, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by AMGRacer
So much for the car being weak right? I beat mine to hell and back for 18 months and the breakage list is below $100.
The car is definately not weak by my standards. The "standard" of my wrecks were 20 - 55mph and I bet I tagged the wall at least 50 times today.

The price killer was the pipe. I either need to learn how to drive or get a tougher pipe, BUT how tough can a pipe be getting tagged all day?

Is there anyway to protect my next pipe? Maybe mount it closer to the chassis enough to tuck behind the front wheel or one of those 45 degree elbows?
Old 05-08-2005, 07:34 PM
Tech Regular

what you could do is keep running the dented pipe and mentally force yourself to avoid accidents at all costs. heck i'd choose slower lap times over busted parts. over time you can gradually increase your pace to the point where you have a smooth, flowing line void of walls.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.