HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Old 04-18-2005, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

http://www.rbproducts.com/mainEn.php...t=01700-000410

Thats the one Fast Harry has.

http://www.rbproducts.com/mainEn.php...t=01700-000425

This is the one I wanted to get. It's $320 at the lhs and it's pricey, but compared to elsewhere it's costing me $50-$70 less! My intention is to get a nice .12 and not buy anything else. I want something just flat out fast that I can grow with that's all. The MT12 I've had for long and out grown it. The prices for something powerwise inbetween the MT12 and Rody that's legal is hard to find. Therefore I said fine the Rody is what I'll get..especially if it beats other engines in the lower end of torque. It will also look nice in my R40.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

neat!!! I wish towers had RB engines in stock...
Old 04-18-2005, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

They hardly carry Novarossi so for sure they won't get any RB's, JPs or anything other good stuff.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

I guess I'll get the .18tz, when it's back in stock, cause it's out for now lol...
Old 04-18-2005, 08:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

check out the cleanlyness lol...
Attached Thumbnails HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-neatly-clean.jpg  
Old 04-18-2005, 08:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

check out my bent pipe...
Attached Thumbnails HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-bent-pipe.jpg  
Old 04-18-2005, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

LOL. I threw out all my broken parts. I have no use for em, because once I upgrade I don't go back. I got the front of my Lola body to sit down now and it's looking better. Actually since I'm not gonna race legal I said let me check out the NS12 S5. I can save some $$ and still have a wicked fast engine. I'd like to be different so I'll run that instead.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

HARK- I was reading the RB link, those engines look ferrari like!!! Knda handmade and a couple of man hours into work!!!
ME LIKEY!!!
They are expensive, but I guess your buying quality, power and respect... I'll probably get the OS to bash around because it's a powerfull engine for 170 bucks... can't beat that. Although I won't get it yet, I rather use the wasp until I get my butt kicked not by power, but by someone who is faster because of their set up because they practice more than me lol... Even the serpents have a hard time during qualifying lol...
Old 04-18-2005, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

The MT12 is a nice engine don't get me wrong, but it lacks on top end. It's not really a top end motor. The original Nova Mega SX12RE will win against it in mid through top end. Well, I said let me try that NS12 S5 instead, because I always like to be different. I'll get that instead of the RB and save myself some $$, but be able to run with it hand's down. If the RB wasn't modified the Nova's would win pretty easily. Surely it all comes down to driving skill and so on. I'm really nasty with the R40 and MT12..but last time I got beat by a.... *looks around*...a girl. Yes...a girl. She wasn't a big racer or anything, but she's a fast learner like I am. The car seemed pretty dialed, but her engine is flat out faster than my MT12, which is why she spanked me on the track. She didn't hold a driving line like my car, but when she got the space she passed and kept the lead. Basically I ate her dust. . Too bad I'll be spankin her tush next time when I come back with the NS12 S5...unless she gets something else. BTW, she was running a yok GT4, RS12 S3, Nova pipe, and used Air M8 radio with Air servos. Nice setup if you ask me.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

lol... I guess women are pretty good drivers after all...
Well you better get that engine and show her who holds the stick!!! Ther is a couple of guys thast have yokomos, but I never thought they could be so competitive! Anywayl et see a pic of your lola body scraping the ground!!!
Old 04-18-2005, 09:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

HEY HARK was this during practice session or during the race?

I finally ended in the front row with mi vw golf on sunday, the first hit was pretty easy, the car the had the pole lost control due to cold tires and kept going straight on the first turn... lol, sorry for him, easy for me to lead the 12 laps and win the first hit. On the second hit I got penalized for being late to the race grill and lost 10 spots on the grid... It was tough to get by all the traffic and in the end I ended up 3rd in the second hit. Overall I got second, but i was so mad to have gotten penalized... Oh well I guess I'll ge them the next time...
Old 04-18-2005, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Is .18 legal for racing? Or is it outlaw? Whats the largest we can go?

I wouldnt mind that .18TZ engine. There are a couple in stock at my hobby shop.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

BTW what kind of tires are you guys running. My event is getting closer and closer. Heck let me know about any tires you have tried on the R40. Also I need some rubbers for my other car, so if you got any suggestions on that.

ALSO., I just ordered my venom racing RX pack!! This car is going to be up and running by this week. I finally get to test it out.

Whats are some good cheaper servos that you are running also.

Then to top it all off im getting in my new Camera. So im thinking on making some videos for everyone to check out.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Artificial-I
Is .18 legal for racing? Or is it outlaw? Whats the largest we can go?

I wouldnt mind that .18TZ engine. There are a couple in stock at my hobby shop.
It's elegal, but it has around the torque of maybe a .15 big block, that thing hauls ass and for the price I'll get it soon... I think yo can go with the 18 with no problem, but you won't be able to race legally with that evil canibal engine...
Old 04-18-2005, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Maybe ill use it for a Nitro Off-Road Vehicle then, that would be fun.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.