HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 12:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

NICE HARK!!! good luck at the races! hopefully you'll post some pics of the big event. give me a link to get those graphite parts for the rear shocks ok
Old 04-16-2005, 12:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

tomorrow I also have practice session and qualifying, but for real races, I;l be racing my golf GT-I 83'. I run a category that's called super street. It's basically 2 hits on 12 laps each... I hope my car handles better because I switched the suspension to coilover suspension... here is a pic of it without my new sponsors...
Attached Thumbnails HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-klanderman-mk-1.jpg  
Old 04-16-2005, 12:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

here is another shot, but this was last year...
Attached Thumbnails HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-klanderman-leading-pack.jpg  
Old 04-16-2005, 04:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Kewl Klander. I'd love to race real cars one day.

Jag-Thnx man. Guess I'd have to get one, but I noticed I never really saw 8th scales driving with foam bumpers. I'll post how much it makes the front stuck up. It's not that bad though, but putting the front on I kinda have to push the body down a bit. Anyway if I cut it, hopefully it will still be ok to run my skyline body.
Old 04-16-2005, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Just an update on the RDLogic Turbo II Pipe. I just got it today. Good price $53 shipped. Its about as cheap as you can get them.

Was so happy to get this thing so quick. I immediatly went to open it. The pipe looked great. I then checked out the ports. I was expecting this thing to be artwork. But it kinda falls short. The manifold where it starts off on the inlet from the motor. The pipe is aligned with the coupler I would call it. Basically the part that you hook the spring into.

Well with my dynamite header I saw this problem. Where some of the pipe is poking out a bit.

Well the RDlogics had this too and probably just as bad. Kinda pissed me off cause I could have just dremeled the dynamite up a bit and fixed that.

But I went in and dremeled the rdlogic manifold. Basically before you would slide a key down the wall of the coupler and would hit the pipe, now it at least curves instead of a wall. The wall is maybe .8mm but its still blocking enough. I was jamming my pinky in and out of there....(no im not in love) and you could notice it quite a bit.

Afterwards wasnt so bad. So I finished up by getting a little sliver of 2000grit sandpaper and put it around my pinky. Then jammed my pinky in there as hard as possible to where it hurt. And starting twisting for a good minute and a half. My pink still hurts. But that smoothed out the dremling somewhat.

Then I got a paper towel, twisted it up and put some aluminum polish on it. Jammed that in there and twisted it all to hell.

On the exhaust side. It was even, but alltogether smaller. So I just used the sand paper and smoother up the hard edge on it..so it met the coupler more graciously. Then finalized with the polish.

But Ill hope the tuning of the pipe works out better. Plus its a complete system.

I would post pics but its already done and its hard to see as it is. I will show before and after pics of my polishing of the pipe itself. Well see if you can notice the diff.

-- BTW isnt it nice when you get 1,000 dollars checks from companies unexpectdly in the mail. My R40 budget just went up.

Take care guys. Stay Tuned....
Old 04-16-2005, 11:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Artificial-I
Just an update on the RDLogic Turbo II Pipe. I just got it today. Good price $53 shipped. Its about as cheap as you can get them.

Was so happy to get this thing so quick. I immediatly went to open it. The pipe looked great. I then checked out the ports. I was expecting this thing to be artwork. But it kinda falls short. The manifold where it starts off on the inlet from the motor. The pipe is aligned with the coupler I would call it. Basically the part that you hook the spring into.

Well with my dynamite header I saw this problem. Where some of the pipe is poking out a bit.

Well the RDlogics had this too and probably just as bad. Kinda pissed me off cause I could have just dremeled the dynamite up a bit and fixed that.

But I went in and dremeled the rdlogic manifold. Basically before you would slide a key down the wall of the coupler and would hit the pipe, now it at least curves instead of a wall. The wall is maybe .8mm but its still blocking enough. I was jamming my pinky in and out of there....(no im not in love) and you could notice it quite a bit.

Afterwards wasnt so bad. So I finished up by getting a little sliver of 2000grit sandpaper and put it around my pinky. Then jammed my pinky in there as hard as possible to where it hurt. And starting twisting for a good minute and a half. My pink still hurts. But that smoothed out the dremling somewhat.

Then I got a paper towel, twisted it up and put some aluminum polish on it. Jammed that in there and twisted it all to hell.

On the exhaust side. It was even, but alltogether smaller. So I just used the sand paper and smoother up the hard edge on it..so it met the coupler more graciously. Then finalized with the polish.

But Ill hope the tuning of the pipe works out better. Plus its a complete system.

I would post pics but its already done and its hard to see as it is. I will show before and after pics of my polishing of the pipe itself. Well see if you can notice the diff.

-- BTW isnt it nice when you get 1,000 dollars checks from companies unexpectdly in the mail. My R40 budget just went up.

Take care guys. Stay Tuned....
Well just got back from the track and my VW golf GT-I 83' is working beautiful!!! I was able to put a low 1.32.33 and the fastest car is doing 1.31.56, so I'm about lees than a second short, but my slicks wheere new and I still have to break them in for tomorrows race... I didn' do to well on the first race about 1 month ago and finished 4th. So far I;m on the first row, but there was another qualifying session at 12:00 noon and I didn't stay for that as I felt I had done a nice job... Tomorrow we will see how those slick worm up and wear a little for better grip.

HARK: let me know how you do at the races ok
Artificial-I: please post a pic of that pipe, as I'm using the team orion pipe, but want to try the one U are using ok
Thanx..
Old 04-16-2005, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Funny enough I want to check out that team orion pipe. That thing is $100+ dollars isnt it.

Yeah after getting the rdlogic. I dont know what all the fuss is about. Maybe I just got an unlucky one.

But im guessing maybe rdlogic has some magic shape to their pipe which yeilds it a good powerband.

BTW Iam going to re-release my pipe tuning guide again. Basically a guide I wrote a long time ago which shows the effects of pipe tuning and what certain shapes due to the power output.

Its a good read. Heck I need to brush back up on my own article. Its been awhile.

But for the sake of you comparing the rdlogic to your pipe. I will take pics of what I did on the manifold and everything else.

I will also probably compare it with the cheap dynamite manifold.
Old 04-16-2005, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Also to go along with you guys. I have participated in some SOLOII SCCA Events. Its pretty fun stuff, but I dont race with people. Just timed events.

If I had more time and budget and more local events. I would compete a lot more. But it doesnt seem to come around that much.
Old 04-16-2005, 11:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Artificial-I
Funny enough I want to check out that team orion pipe. That thing is $100+ dollars isnt it.

Yeah after getting the rdlogic. I dont know what all the fuss is about. Maybe I just got an unlucky one.

But im guessing maybe rdlogic has some magic shape to their pipe which yeilds it a good powerband.

BTW Iam going to re-release my pipe tuning guide again. Basically a guide I wrote a long time ago which shows the effects of pipe tuning and what certain shapes due to the power output.

Its a good read. Heck I need to brush back up on my own article. Its been awhile.

But for the sake of you comparing the rdlogic to your pipe. I will take pics of what I did on the manifold and everything else.

I will also probably compare it with the cheap dynamite manifold.
thanx dude... I have tried other pipes before, but the cheap ones for my hpi super nitro and an hpi rs4 racer, but I had never paid so much as $107 USD for a pipe, so I need to know if what I bought is the best. or if the pipe you got can give me a better powerband
this is a pic of my pipe, I had the polished one for $107, but got hit really bad and got all bent up, I put water in it and placed it in the fridge and it got almost back to how it was, but it's not perfect, so I went ahead and ordered the black one because it was like 85 USD... check it out
Attached Thumbnails HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-escape2.jpg  
Old 04-16-2005, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Wait what? $485.00 for a pipe?

Yeah im thinking the high cost is because their pipe has better ports....more precision put into it. I was even looking at an hpi pipe manifold on a website and it looked like it was more centered.

Im a big believer in clear ports. You get a little bump and I think it would create a wave just like the ocean would over a bump or decrease in depth.

And waves create turbulence and turbulence decreases air flow. Ive gone through my entire REAL car and cleared and fixed every port I could from exhaust ports , to manifold ports to TB ports.

Basically Port Matching. But not really, just making sure they are clean. Except the TB I Port Matched...since its easy to do.
Old 04-16-2005, 11:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

here is a pic of the pipe that got all bent...

This picture was taken before I had all my LW parts and graphite parts...
Attached Thumbnails HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-polished-pipe.jpg  
Old 04-16-2005, 11:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

sorry it was a typo... I fixed it, only $85 bucks lol...
Old 04-16-2005, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Its begun already.

I just went and ordered a bunch of worthless parts.....well not totally worthless.

Got a Purple Manifold Seal. This way the gaps between my rdlogic will be purple instead of that weird red...which then overtime becomes kinda a weird orange which I dont like.

Black Antenna Caps X 10. Tired of not having them or scraped up ones.

Got some body clips in 3 colors. Never had colors before. Thought it would be cool and got different colors for different cars and bodies. There anodized.

Transparent RED
Transparent Purple
Black Chrome

Then got some purple cone washers.

Got all this stuff from racers-edge. They seem to have a ton of stuff like this. Only place that seems to have the purple manifold seals. So if you guys want to give your tuned pipes that hpi look. There ya go.

--

KLANDER: I thought so, LOL.
Old 04-16-2005, 12:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

NICE!!! that probably is going to look cool. I went ahead and got the 22T/29T Clutchbell for top end since our track has such a long straight... My engine screams out 3/4 of the way, so I needed a little more punch in the end. Hopefully I'll find out soon.
here is an ilustration of the track I put together to remember the different layouts...
Attached Thumbnails HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-guatemala-roosevelt-track.jpg  
Old 04-16-2005, 12:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well gonna go eat lunch!!! My girlfriend is bugging me... she says cars cars cars what about me lol.... Check you guys later gonna go give some quality time lol...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.