Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Yeah that sucks. Arent they responsible for that damage? Yeah, I figured you might have a fail safe. Most everyone does.

Too bad they caught you off-guard like that.....
Old 04-14-2005, 01:28 PM
Tech Regular

I normally run my brakes a bit on the soft side but not that loose I needed to adjust it since I swaped out the plastic brake arm for an alloy one, it's a bit longer then the stock so it should give me better braking whle needing more servo throw to lock the brakes, I always felt the stock setup was a bit too sensative for braking.

It was a bit odd to see someone else in that lot at that time of day normally it's deserted except for the seniors walking along the broadwalk. I've been using that lot for almost 6 years now and have never had so much as a glitch, radio interferance is almost non existant since there is nothing within almost 500ft of the lot except for passing traffic outside the lot.

what really burns me up is this was only the second time out with the lw chassie and the first with the lw 2speed and shafts.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

well during my lunch break I went ahead to get my parts at the POBox and went home to put the clutchweights on... Now the car is ready for some fun. I also went ahead and switched the clutchbell for a 22t/29 which fitted perfectly, this will give me a bit more top end than the 28T which was the one I used in the video, I hope i get to see some fastmovers this coming weekend because normally I see hpi super nitros and hpi rs4 evo's, but most of them are stock or can't handle the turns like the R-40 does...
Old 04-14-2005, 01:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

a friend of mine was asking which car to buy.
the HPI R-40
the Kyosho V ONE RRR
the serpent 710 or
the HPI super nitro

I told him to get the R-40 because it handle awesome, but he said something like my car ins't in the world champions book???
Here I thought to myself... Is the R-40 a world champion or is Atsushi Hara just a regional champ and states champ??? Who can give me a little history on world champions in R/C 1/10 scale only since 2003-2005???
Old 04-14-2005, 04:38 PM
Tech Regular

show him this http://www.hpiracing.com/index2.htm
Old 04-14-2005, 05:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm having a problem with my middle belt. It keeps sliping off for some reason. The belt was brand new and still came off. My tensoniser is set all the way down and I still have the stock pullies on it. Also whats a good tire set up for a dusty lot. I found a small parking lot close to the lhs but right now its only good for drifting.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

How is your belt keep comingoff with it all the way down? Mine never does that and it's set the same way.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

I don't know. Its like its slipping off of the pullies or something I cant tell. I was wondering if anyone eber had teh same problem.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

As far as I know, no one else had that problem. Maybe the tensioner isn't really all the way down or the ends on the pullies are worn out? I'm not sure really how this is happening.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey guy's, thanks for the practice thing. Always a good idea and hopefully fun.

Last race season 2004, I put in the lght wght 2-speed and hollow shafts and they were OK. But when I replaced the plastic shocks with a set of Alums. from my Proceed, that R-40 was a stuck monkey. It would go anywhere - do anything car, just give it the gas.

Most of the track's I ran at were pretty high bite. I think it was as. 60 wt up front and as. 50 wght. in the rear.

I had a couple of sets of the plastic body shocks that I put together and tryed some different set ups, but the car was just not there. I had to drive the car to hard and it was not smooth. The car did not take a set into the corner very well is the best way to put it.

The Alum. shocks were magic on my car. Really felt like a new car. I think I almost smiled.

HPI - R40 race history question.
Hara and the R-40 won the ROAR sedan Nationals in CA 2003, it and Hara also won the Japan sedan Nationals in 2003. Last year, Hara and the R-40 again won the 2004 ROAR sedan Nationals in OH.
I know Hara and I do not believe anyone from the HPI factory team attended the IFMAR 1/10th nitro Sedan worlds last fall in Brazil.

Hara had just raced the two Ifmar on-road elct. worlds in FL the two weeks previous to the Brazil race.

Maybe some people have their limit on how many days of racing they can handle in a row.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Weird how the Aluminum shocks made such a big difference compared to stock. My friend has alum on his, butmy ride handles way better than his and it's mostly stock...for now. Anyone gonna try out the new Novarossi's when they come in? I've got lots of experimenting to do and all next week will be perfect.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by 2Hammer
Hey guy's, thanks for the practice thing. Always a good idea and hopefully fun.

Last race season 2004, I put in the lght wght 2-speed and hollow shafts and they were OK. But when I replaced the plastic shocks with a set of Alums. from my Proceed, that R-40 was a stuck monkey. It would go anywhere - do anything car, just give it the gas.

Most of the track's I ran at were pretty high bite. I think it was as. 60 wt up front and as. 50 wght. in the rear.

I had a couple of sets of the plastic body shocks that I put together and tryed some different set ups, but the car was just not there. I had to drive the car to hard and it was not smooth. The car did not take a set into the corner very well is the best way to put it.

The Alum. shocks were magic on my car. Really felt like a new car. I think I almost smiled.

HPI - R40 race history question.
Hara and the R-40 won the ROAR sedan Nationals in CA 2003, it and Hara also won the Japan sedan Nationals in 2003. Last year, Hara and the R-40 again won the 2004 ROAR sedan Nationals in OH.
I know Hara and I do not believe anyone from the HPI factory team attended the IFMAR 1/10th nitro Sedan worlds last fall in Brazil.

Hara had just raced the two Ifmar on-road elct. worlds in FL the two weeks previous to the Brazil race.

Maybe some people have their limit on how many days of racing they can handle in a row.
thanx for the imput, i guess my friend was right... Hara has won many championships, but not the world championship... thats what he was telling me, that at the worlds most drivers use mugen, serpent and kyosho v oe rrr, but no HPI... I got a little mad and didnt say much until someone had my back on history lesson, but I guess theres not much of a fight left...

Talking about suspension... I guess one way to put it is that your plastic shock set was weird, or maybe it had the wrong oil in them or something, but how is some extra weight gonna help in performance... Ill leave this question to the pros, but in my opinion those shocks might have been set wrongfully and the aluminum brilliantly well set, height, oil mix and right springs...
Old 04-14-2005, 10:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by nsxshogun
I'm having a problem with my middle belt. It keeps sliping off for some reason. The belt was brand new and still came off. My tensoniser is set all the way down and I still have the stock pullies on it. Also whats a good tire set up for a dusty lot. I found a small parking lot close to the lhs but right now its only good for drifting.
This is what you do... If you have the graphite belt tensioner, take it apart and use your dremmel to create a longer slide channel for the tensione to slide lower, this way your belt will be more secured. be sure not to overtight as this will cause too much friction and make your car slower...
Old 04-14-2005, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The questions of which brand of cars is better is always there...i recalled a few heated aqruments with regards to the kyosho n hpi in the singapore thread...cause some unhappines among us players....IMHO, we just have to take it in stride....
To be fair to other brand players, it is thru our own pockets that we are forking out money to chase this never ending passion. And I seriously believe that it is the players mentallity, set up knowledge of the car and the driving skills and not forgetting luck is very important in making any brand cars drivable.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default video

anyone got a r40 video to see? can download from which wedsite.. pls name the wedsite to me at here or pm me pls...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.