Originally posted by nsxshogun
Im having trouble putting my flywheel on my old motor. when i try to screw down the thing that holds the flywheel down all it does is turn the motor. The motor is a OS TR how can I hold the piston in place without damaging it?
ok here's an easy way to do this without the piston locking tool.
1. make sure glow plug is installed and tight.
2. rotate engine leaving the exhaust port open.
3. holding engine upside down (heat sink down) fill with after run oil.
4. don't over do it you need just enough to hydrolock the piston not start an oil slick.
5. now crank down on the flywheel nut the oil will hold the piston stopping the engine from turning over.
6. now that it's tight remove the glow plug and drain the oil. OR simply reverse direction on the crank and drain via the exhaust port.
I've been using this method for years with no problems.