Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by AMGRacer
I bolted the battery door to the chassis, so it cannot be removed from below now. You need to take off the top deck. But I never take my battery out anyways so I am not too worried.

I wrapped the battery in a kyosho balloon....and glued the balloon to the door....

I also tapped the battery door holes with a 4mm tap,used a counter sink bit to enlarge the holes,and use 4x8 flathead screws to hold the door on...

BTW,My car has a mid corner push also........but alot of on power steering out of the corner.....I put the soft springs in front,hards in the back,and that helped..

I also popped in the 4 gear diff with 30,000......uhhh,I'd say the car was a TAD loopier...

got to try it again in a higher traction situation....
Old 05-19-2004, 05:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

I can vouch for him as well. I bought a MT12 RTU from him a long while ago and it was exactly as he said.

Proteus would your brother ship to other countries? I dont need anything right now, but it might be handy if my HK hookups fail me.
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'll call my bro a call later this week.
Old 05-19-2004, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

what do you guys think of top engines

same as novarossi and rex right???

reason im asking is looking through a magazine last night i saw a top tt 12 s5 i think for 189.99 and that sounds like my price range

and has anyone run the sirio evo 2?? just another engine under $200 i'd like to know more about

i will spend the big bucks if i have to to get something good quality but if i dont have to well why should i
Old 05-19-2004, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

yes, rex and top are made by novarossi, and are rebadged nova engines.
Old 05-19-2004, 09:32 AM

Originally posted by PTP Racing

and has anyone run the sirio evo 2?? just another engine under $200 i'd like to know more about
I would stay away from the sirio evo 2; b/c mine wore out a connecting rod after 1/2 gallon of 16% oil fuel! -and No replacements are coming in at this point, and I haven't found a place overseas that has them either.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by DOMOisCOOL
Ill race definately this summer

I personally haven't checked out RAMS yet though, when are the races?

Oh yeah, I buy my tires from overseas in HK. But everyone now is having problems with them. Good thing I got them before. RC Tech in Daly City has the HPI Foams, Nitro Shoes, and Yokomo Foams. Their tires are reasonably priced but can be over priced at times. HPI Foams cost 18 a pair
The RAMS club is quite impressive. Really well organised! The web site is kind of simple though. Be patient, it's slow too.

Take a look http://www.rams-rc.com

The next race is June 13. I'll be there if I have no bad surprise.

By the way, if you buy your tire online, can you post a link here?

I am really use to rubber tire, but the foam are still very mysterious to me.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Post Fuel to carb

Another newbies one,

how to you guys bring fuel to the carb without a pullstart. I use to block the exhaust with my finger and pull the pullstart until fuel get to the carb.

But now, no more pullstart...and the motor got so much compression that I am not able to turn the flywheel with my fingers.

How do you guys proceed?

Hint: I have an OFNA pink box.
Old 05-19-2004, 11:49 AM
Tech Adept

how to you guys bring fuel to the carb without a pullstart. I use to block the exhaust with my finger and pull the pullstart until fuel get to the carb.
you can do the same thing *(put your finger over the exhuast tip), but instead of pulling your pull start to turn the engine over, you just press down on the starter box while you finger is covering it
Old 05-19-2004, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Frag
The RAMS club is quite impressive. Really well organised! The web site is kind of simple though. Be patient, it's slow too.

Take a look http://www.rams-rc.com

The next race is June 13. I'll be there if I have no bad surprise.

By the way, if you buy your tire online, can you post a link here?

I am really use to rubber tire, but the foam are still very mysterious to me.
RAMS looks pretty sweet. I might have to go watch this weekend or something.

Heres the link for the tires:
http://shopping.rcmodel.com.hk/index.php?cPath=7_35
Old 05-19-2004, 02:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by DOMOisCOOL
RAMS looks pretty sweet. I might have to go watch this weekend or something.

Heres the link for the tires:
http://shopping.rcmodel.com.hk/index.php?cPath=7_35
This weekend is the 1/5th scale though. There is less people and probably not really representative of what you'll see on the 1/8 and 1/10 scales day.

But seeing those big cars is pretty impressive too
Old 05-19-2004, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Frag
This weekend is the 1/5th scale though. There is less people and probably not really representative of what you'll see on the 1/8 and 1/10 scales day.

But seeing those big cars is pretty impressive too
Oops, I guess I meant next next week?
Old 05-19-2004, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

I tried the front diff instead of the one-way yesterday. Man I could not get used to the diff, it is far too hard to drive it! It is much more stable but you have to go around the circuit much slower. You should all practice with the one-way
Old 05-19-2004, 04:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

I tried the front diff instead of the one-way yesterday. Man I could not get used to the diff, it is far too hard to drive it! It is much more stable but you have to go around the circuit much slower. You should all practice with the one-way
Is it worth putting the dif in for a small track with lots of grip or set up a hole car for small tracks
Old 05-19-2004, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by 20 SMOKE
Is it worth putting the dif in for a small track with lots of grip or set up a hole car for small tracks
Dunno. With the diff I got a push that I could not eliminate. If you really really cant drive the car without a oneway the diff may be better. I run a diff on rubber tires on a low grip track.
Old 05-20-2004, 06:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well, after taking a month off racing, when I returned, I found my driving off, and the R40 wasn't on par with everyone else. I brushed the leader, "my team mate" and the R40 front knuckle popped off the pillow balls. I made it into the pits, and my pit man snapped it back on. I went out for a few more laps, to have it pop off going over a corner dot.

I was so upset with the R40, I went and got a MTX-3... After driving it hard, I found that both cars feel pretty much the same. I've decided not to give up with the R40, but I now have a reliable car that I can go too...

Anyone else have plastic problems with the R40?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.