I finally decided to give HPI a chance with the R40. I saw that most users are pretty happy of it and that I can build a very nice one for around 400$ + motor. My local hobby store have tons of parts for it. So I am gonna give it a try...
One of the flaw I read about is weak pivot balls and plastic shocks.
1. I heard about titanium pivot balls, but can't find them. Anyone can help me here?
2. I heard about alloy shocks, but can't find them either?
3. Do you guys know if the new NSR12S3 is available somewhere? I saw it out of stock everywhere!
4. Is one of you guys ever tried an hex screw kit with the R40 like those http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...247592&rd=1
or others? Are they worth it? It's true that hex strip a lot less than normal screw...
5. Any other tips you don't want me to miss and know before assembling it? I am curently reading the R40 thread, but there's like 2500 message in it