Old 08-16-2003, 09:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Talking

LMAO, that was great!
Old 08-16-2003, 10:45 PM
Tech Adept

its funny how everybody always ends up bashing owners of 'the other car'

Gotta love the geeky rivalry in RC; it kills me

And here I thought it was just NTC3 owners, boy was I wrong. Or was I? haha, either way I think somebody has too much time on their hands here. -myself included haha-

Freakah, btw ... who are those guys winning with the Mugens? Never heard of those guys ... every company posts every win they can; I'd take those results as a grain of salt.

Truthfully, I didn't like my MTX3 for much more then its great looks IMHO. I much prefered the NTC3 in all honesty; performance wise that is.

Its funny though, how you tend to stick up for the car you currently own or want :P

Either way, Fastharry man .. I've seen a million of your posts and I would have to agree you get a little intense in defence with your current choice of cars. I guess thats what happens when you get old, don't have enough sex and play with RC cars? lol I just get a kick out of the attitudes of 90% of the guys involved with RC. Usually pretty immature. That, and everybody is afraid to actually speak the truth about their experiences.

Whats with that anyway?
Old 08-16-2003, 11:07 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by stefan
One more thing, reading through your post, i found lots of typos.

So much for your command of ANY language!
obvioulsy you are better the slowharry even you are German!

may be he is good at his OWN (slow) language !
Old 08-16-2003, 11:10 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by stefan
"A fast car..

And command of the English language.."

You must be the dumbest MF on this whole board.

A fast car? Show me, what have you won with it?

Command of the English language? So what? You think that makes you one of a kind? How many other languages do you speak? I'm German and my command of this language is as good as yours if not better.

Now, how's your German and your Chinese?

You are a pain in the ass to everybody on about every board I've ever been to and you bash EVERYBODY that does not agree with you on YOUR car of the hour.

Until two weeks ago the NTC3 was the best car in the world and now, since a damned good driver won one race with this R40, you praise it like you designed it.

Listen to you, you are pathetic.

You are fast? How come I've never heard of you?

Maybe you only think your fast or you race with the slow pokes in your neck of the woods?

BTW, I didn't stick my nose into anything.

You are posting on a public board here and you'll have to live with the fact that people (even foreigners) will comment on your posts, if you like it or not.

I'll take that Rubberneck back and make it a REDNECK, how's that?

Oh, and about Picco engines, if you had the slightest clue about nitro engines you'd applaud me for that.

Why do you think Trinity and Omega are dumping those things on Ebay below cost?

Secondly, is HPI (Frank McKinney) in any way connected to Picco?

So how could that have been an insult to him?

Why don't you just keep racing the novices at your track and stay of my back!
well, i do believe he is fast when he is alone on the track and compete against himself with his slow finger!!

I do believe he is proud of himself 100% !
Old 08-16-2003, 11:30 PM
Tech Addict

children, in case you have not seen, this thread is for the HPI R40. if you need to "dicuss" how great your rides are or what beef you have with one another, try AIM or Messenger.

back to subject.

great to see HPI putting the racing back in HPI Racing! the R40 looks really good. good job HPI .
Old 08-17-2003, 01:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by chorner
Freakah, btw ... who are those guys winning with the Mugens? Never heard of those guys ... every company posts every win they can; I'd take those results as a grain of salt.

EXACTLY!!

Who are those NORMAL people winning championships/big races in their part of the world?

Well, Fastharry implied that Mugen doesn't have much of a winning record and I posted those results as a result of that.

OK, back to the subject at hand......The R40!

Does the R40 have different lower and upper front arm roll center positions?

Belts. What kind are they, rubber or urethane?
Old 08-17-2003, 02:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default CLASS

SLOWHARRY,

I see you have tried to involve me with your "classy" sarcasm after i kicked you out of the mugen forum and told you to get your a** back to the DEAD ntc3 forum.The problem with you SLOWHARRY is that you always manage to step in sh*t and if you keep doing it i won't be buying anymore TURKISH delights!

I also started this R40 forum so i could keep your dribblings and crap to one forum(seeing that the ntc3 novilty has finally worn off )because you were posting your typical tribal ignorant posts about your new love the R40 in dozens of different threads and it was following an all too familiar trend.

As for your laughable claim about the english language,how many times have i told you that "teh" as you spell it in most of your posts is actually spelled "the"?Along with the way you write your sentences,i wouldn't be talking about command for the English language just yet,although by now i'm sure you have mastered-->

The funny thing is that you actually turn more people off the ntc3 and the R40 with your all to "classy" posts.You seriously need to get yourself checked out or maybe even take a break from RC altogether cause you are really coming off as a loony and i'm sure more people are laughing at you then with you!

Finally SLOWHARRY,before i would show any class to anyone they would have to have a little themselves,and you definitely don't seem to have any!

Attached Images  
Old 08-17-2003, 03:02 AM
Tech Master

Default OUCH!!!!

That hurt!!
Old 08-17-2003, 03:44 AM
Tech Champion

I can trust on evolution ! he is da man !
Old 08-17-2003, 04:36 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You guys are all the best....

nice replys from all of you...esp. when hidden on a forum....

See,I'm not like that,or afraid to put my ability up against any of you.....

I'll be at the NJ HPI Challenge(HPI's of course)...in Edison NJ in Sept(touring),Tues nites in Nanuet NY(touring),or all winter at Barnstormers in NY(bring a 2wd buggy or rally car)..

Would love to race all or any of you....you'd have a good time..and meet alot of great guys...

Back to the R40 Forum......

Freakah....

The belts look like they are rubber..they don't have that shiny look that the optional belts had on the racer2's...

the box does say the roll centers are adjustable......

Last edited by fastharry™; 08-17-2003 at 05:32 AM.
Old 08-17-2003, 05:24 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: CLASS

OUCH! Fire in the hole!!!
Originally posted by EVOLUTION
SLOWHARRY,

I see you have tried to involve me with your "classy" sarcasm after i kicked you out of the mugen forum and told you to get your a** back to the DEAD ntc3 forum.The problem with you SLOWHARRY is that you always manage to step in sh*t and if you keep doing it i won't be buying anymore TURKISH delights!

I also started this R40 forum so i could keep your dribblings and crap to one forum(seeing that the ntc3 novilty has finally worn off )because you were posting your typical tribal ignorant posts about your new love the R40 in dozens of different threads and it was following an all too familiar trend.

As for your laughable claim about the english language,how many times have i told you that "teh" as you spell it in most of your posts is actually spelled "the"?Along with the way you write your sentences,i wouldn't be talking about command for the English language just yet,although by now i'm sure you have mastered-->

The funny thing is that you actually turn more people off the ntc3 and the R40 with your all to "classy" posts.You seriously need to get yourself checked out or maybe even take a break from RC altogether cause you are really coming off as a loony and i'm sure more people are laughing at you then with you!

Finally SLOWHARRY,before i would show any class to anyone they would have to have a little themselves,and you definitely don't seem to have any!

Old 08-17-2003, 05:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

I forgot to thank SLOWHARRY for calling me such a classy guy,so i have updated my profile for him!
Old 08-17-2003, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by EVOLUTION
I forgot to thank SLOWHARRY for calling me such a classy guy,so i have updated my profile for him!

thats great,you're welcome.. (I guess that shows how much I really do bother you..Thanks for the compliment)......Evolution,see my last post..........You know where I'll be....

put that car on the track,and we'll see if you can back up that big 1st gear talk...

now,Can we stick to R40 talk,PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by fastharry™; 08-17-2003 at 06:50 AM.
Old 08-17-2003, 07:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by fastharry
hey puma....I didn't mean to imply you were out of control or anything,I was just trying to tell you it might be a few days till you get it.....I just didn't want you to get your hopes up....HPI just got a whole order of parts in,but that part hasn't arrived yet...it coming..I know because one of my freinds broke his shoes,and I called HPI Fri to see when they were coming...

Chill pill was the wrong choice of words...Sorry buddy..
FASTHARRY, NO PROBLEM! WOW...a lot happens on the forums after a day of racing and not being online (just kept my PC logged in -looked like I was online)

Well thanks EVERYONE for defending me although it was a misunderstanding.

Just for the record. I wasn't bashing the R40. I was just disappointed that I can't complete my kit anytime soon. My post was just to simply state what I have found so far. Basically I wanted to contribute to the R40 thread.

Again just for the record. My MTX3 is great (accept for yesterdays race - long story) may post on the MTX3 forum. My NTC3 is also great BUT I haven't used it since I've had my MTX3 mostly because I spent a small fortune on hop-ups and spare parts. The MTX3 may be sold soon just because of local support. The R40 was bought because I actually, in time, grew to like belt cars AND parts support (in near future) should be great.

Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, thanks for your support when I had questions.

Now back to the R40...what are going to be the benefits of optional threaded Aluminum shocks compared to the supplied composite? Everyone running the 255mm length? I "think" it could be better for the REALLY tight track I run on. What's everyone's input on this? When are the carbon fiber shock towers going to be available? What list of hop-ups are everyone wants looking at their kit now? Not that ANY car would need it...just nice to have sometimes.

Any building tips I should consider? The one I have is to make sure you have a really organized work area. All the small parts bags can get confusing.

-Puma
Old 08-17-2003, 08:56 AM
Tech Regular

Supplied Composite shocks????
I know thats what they show in the website. But the R40's we have had come with front oneway and threaded alloy shocks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.