Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

My apologies to everyone , im not here to bash on the R40 because i own it too , i seem to drive the 710 better than the R40 ,but that could just be me , i still have the R40 as back up (as a reliable car) The 710 has alot of tuneabilities that i like but the R40 has a few that i like also. I feel lucky that i own and race both. If i got any body upset I want to say I'm sorry. There are others that go in the serpent forum and bash serpent and thats their opinion, but then again I'm sorry.....
By the way that tuning book is excellent i have used it in the R40 too...
Old 03-03-2004, 10:12 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Rookie Solara
But I have to say, everyone into 200mm TC should download the Serpent SETUP manuel for the 710, especially the last couple pages where it shown the TROUBLE SHOOTING.

It gives you step 1 to 8 of how to correct your car's handling problem, almost ALL of them will apply to any TC, not just Serpent's TC.

Very very detail and usefull handbook of TC.

Download it here...

http://www.mytsn.com/products/dnlfil...etSAMPLE%2Epdf
All I got when I clicked the link was a white page.
Old 03-03-2004, 10:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

You have to be logged into mytsn to get the link to work.
Old 03-03-2004, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Marcos.S710
...There are others that go in the serpent forum and bash serpent and thats their opinion...
Exactly, and I'm just saying that it would be nice if this thread didn't turn into that. I've been in the middle of some of the ugly bashings with the NTC3 and MTX3 threads. Not me bashing, but just having to sift through the nonsense gets to be a pain. Obviously you're curious about the R40s potential and so are we all. Actually, you should find yourself fortunate that you can offer advice, suggestions and observations between the 2 cars. People that have both (or even just other cars to be able to compare the R40 with) have valuable info to share and that's what I'd like to read. No one can stop you from posting here even if you didn't have the car and just wanted to bash but what's the use in that...know what I mean?
Old 03-03-2004, 11:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by Darkseid
All I got when I clicked the link was a white page.
OK, I just uploaded that PDF file on my FTP site.....if anyone interested to download it, feel free to do so.......
Make sure you look at page 33 (the red and green table)....extremely useful when you are at the track and with that manuel on hand, you don't have to ask ppl what to do when your car is UNDER or OVER steering......etc.

http://users.rcn.com/arsa/hpir40/710...kletSAMPLE.pdf
Old 03-03-2004, 11:32 AM
Regional Moderator

OK, I just uploaded that PDF file on my FTP site.....if anyone interested to download it, feel free to do so.......
Make sure you look at page 33 (the red and green table)....extremely useful when you are at the track and with that manuel on hand, you don't have to ask ppl what to do when your car is UNDER or OVER steering......etc.

http://users.rcn.com/arsa/hpir40/710...kletSAMPLE.pdf
Got it, thanks...
Old 03-03-2004, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Marcos.S710
My apologies to everyone , im not here to bash on the R40 because i own it too , i seem to drive the 710 better than the R40 ,but that could just be me , i still have the R40 as back up (as a reliable car) The 710 has alot of tuneabilities that i like but the R40 has a few that i like also. I feel lucky that i own and race both. If i got any body upset I want to say I'm sorry. There are others that go in the serpent forum and bash serpent and thats their opinion, but then again I'm sorry.....
By the way that tuning book is excellent i have used it in the R40 too...
It is cool, some people like how car X feels and some people like how car Y feels. No big deal. Just remember some people like how the R40 feels
Old 03-03-2004, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: R40

Originally posted by rod_b
AMGracer - Where did you get the Ti screw kit from?
I dont want to sound like a broken record but I got it from harmony models in Hong Kong In fact you can get most of the hopups on the Japanese HPI site from the HK retailers.
Old 03-03-2004, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Do you think those alum coilover are standard on the 04 spec or those are for the presentation only....? Cause they were not listed on the 04 spec.
The Japanese model R40 comes with a front oneway and the alloy shocks. The US model comes with the front diff and plastic shocks. I think they are showing the Japanese model in the picture. If you notice this model also does not have the titanium screwset whereas it is mentioned in the parts listing.
Old 03-03-2004, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Does anybody have the new top deck yet?

One thing I hate about the R40 is how tough it is to get the motor out. Looks like this topdeck might give more clearance for getting it out. Anybody know?
Old 03-03-2004, 02:51 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by AMGRacer

One thing I hate about the R40 is how tough it is to get the motor out. Looks like this topdeck might give more clearance for getting it out. Anybody know?
You noticed that too? The engine isn't the easiest thing to get out in this car. I however don't think its mostly the upper deck's fault. I believe the rear bulkhead is more to blame. The left rear bulkhead(when viewing the car from behind) has a edge on it that extends out and prevents the engine from easily lifting straight up and out of its spot. This piece of bulkhead catches the engine mounts and prevents them from passing.

I think if that edge were a little shorter, the engine removal would be pure smoothness!

This is just my opinion....take a look at your car and tell me what you think.
Old 03-03-2004, 02:57 PM
Regional Moderator

I see that the edge that come out of the bulkhead is to allow the side brace screw to go in. But if a slightly short screw was used, that edge could be shortened enough to allow better clearance.

I know I like to be able to lift the engine in and out without too much effort, but thats not possible with that edge and the stock upper deck.
Old 03-03-2004, 03:08 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: R40

Originally posted by AMGRacer
I dont want to sound like a broken record but I got it from harmony models in Hong Kong In fact you can get most of the hopups on the Japanese HPI site from the HK retailers.
do they have a website? if so can you post the url.

thanks
Old 03-03-2004, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: R40

Originally posted by treky11
do they have a website? if so can you post the url.

thanks
No website sorry. Email to [email protected]
Old 03-03-2004, 05:12 PM
Tech Addict

the easy way i get mine out is take off the e clip off of the pulley on the long belt(either one) remove the belt and the belt tensioner/ side brace and then the motor slides right out also does anyone know how to adjust the centax clutch on the r40? this is my first nitro with a centax in it. hpi instuctions are non existent in this matter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.