Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fuel Line Filter??

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 07:23 AM
Tee
Tech Apprentice

The filter is what everyone with an original Associated or Losi fuel tank needs to make it work rock solid. It absorbs the off throttle fuel overflow while maintaining pressure then returns the fuel when pressure resumes and you don't use any excess fuel hose. Just like a Boost Bottle! Swear to it!

It only works on these types of tanks if the filter is intalled in a vertical orientation.
Old 07-30-2003, 10:08 AM
Tech Adept

(shaking finger) tsk tsk tsk - Remote linking pictures off of someone's site isn't nice, especially when it's mine.

The pressure chamber is just that. There is no stone/screen inside, just a big empty chamber. It was reported by a few people that on the MRX-3 when the tank is full AND you enter a right hand sweeper after a fast straight, that the engine would sometimes hesitate or go into a lean condition. FREAKAH is right, is just smoothes the pulses out when the tank is full, as the tank empties out there really is no need for the pressure chamber anymore since the fuel tank basically becomes one.

-Jason
MRX3.com
JasonJenkins.com
Old 07-30-2003, 10:36 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Manbik
(shaking finger) tsk tsk tsk - Remote linking pictures off of someone's site isn't nice, especially when it's mine.
Sorry, I don't think any harm was done... I thought the picture already having your Jason Jenkins insignia should suffice to say that it belongs to you It would think it would be the same too if I put the weblink to your pic. If you rather not have your pics remoted linked, then I don't see the reason why you need to have it on your site then...

The pressure chamber is just that. There is no stone/screen inside, just a big empty chamber. It was reported by a few people that on the MRX-3 when the tank is full AND you enter a right hand sweeper after a fast straight, that the engine would sometimes hesitate or go into a lean condition. FREAKAH is right, is just smoothes the pulses out when the tank is full, as the tank empties out there really is no need for the pressure chamber anymore since the fuel tank basically becomes one.
Thanks for the answer. I was actually specifically waiting for you to answer that since I know you run an MRX-3 and lurk here

Do you think a normal fuel filter of the same size in place of the pressure chamber would give the same function as the pressure chamber itself?
Old 07-30-2003, 10:45 AM
Tech Adept

Just ribbing you. I don't care too much if pictures are linked on other R/C sites. That's what my site is for, to help others. Just depends on context etc... and I only saw this thread because you did remote link it and I saw it in my logs. See I do check.

We used to run the Mugen large fuel filter and we achived pretty much the same results, this pressure chamber is just bigger so it works a tad better. That and it comes with the mounts, the Mugen large filter doesnt.
Old 07-30-2003, 11:03 AM
Tech Prophet

Just ribbing you. I don't care too much if pictures are linked on other R/C sites. That's what my site is for, to help others. Just depends on context etc... and I only saw this thread because you did remote link it and I saw it in my logs. See I do check.
Thanks for the answer. Heheh, my apologies again if the remote link screwed up some statistics on your webpage... Does it make the web page counter record hits everytime someone accesses this thread of this particular page? Ummm, sure way of getting ratings high
Old 07-30-2003, 11:07 AM
Tech Adept

LOL no. I filter remote links into another category so they dont change the numbers for people that actually come to the site.