Community
Wiki Posts
Search

need help adjusting 2 speed shift point

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 11:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Default need help adjusting 2 speed shift point

back with another newbie inquiry! I have a kyosho fw05rrr with the shaft driven bell housing style 2 speed. I am having a problem figuring out how to adjust the shift point on the car?

First we (me and my buddy that has an electric buggy) had the clutch too tight and it bogged down low so we took some shims out. Then the clutch was slipping so we added shims back. Problem now is that it sounds really grindy down low and the car won't shift for a really long time. Before, it would bog down but still shifted thru first quickly into second and was fairly fast.

Im hoping to learn as i go, and my friend has only had experience adjusting the 2 speeds that have the allen screw adjustment in the transmission. Any advice or ideas about how to correct the problem? Thanks!
Old 09-07-2008, 01:53 PM
Tech Addict

MADaul,
Here is a link to an information site that can be of help to you. Be sure to read through Part I, II, III and IV and you should have a better understanding. http://www.rctek.com/info_centax_clutch.html
However, there is no substitute for getting a local driver at you track to give you some OJT and explanation. Be sure to shim the Bell housing up off of the shaft so that it spins freely. Next add or remove shims from between the Thrust Bearing and the bolt (that goes into the shaft) so that you still have free spinning ability after attaching the bolt to the shaft. Use this coupled with the article and local help and you will be underway.
Good luck,
Roger