Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FBF Notification to Fanatic Remote Racerz RC Club

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 171 (100%+)

Where would they like you to put the stand after you move it from where it is.Ok then the club would need to buy a small gate and put it on the front of the stairs so nobody can get up on the driver stand..
Old 04-19-2008, 04:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

thats a good idea put a gate with a lock
and only people part of the club get a key to go stand on it
Old 04-19-2008, 04:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

so let me see, this club never petitioned for a track, sweat, spent money to get the asphalt, and yet they want to impose we remove a very sturdy stand so they can get free access to our track? This is some major bull$&@":. It's amazing how dense some people can be. I only hope they do the right thing.
Old 04-19-2008, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

As an outsider, I feel your pain/stress and disapointment in what is coming down your road ahead. The old saying that it only takes 1 to ruin it for everybody comes to mind when I read the thread. Being that they want the stand down, what is the other "club" or clubie member/s going to use? Milk crates...

Instead of demolishing it, is thier any way to convert it to be portable? or rebuild it on a trailer.?...it is better than a total loss. Also, I know that it would be an added expense, but what about insuring it or even signing it over to the Park to maintain and decide its fate......seeing that the track is at more intrest than before, wouldn't the park have to provide a stand for proper use? Just a few questions that I would take to the park commisioner if I was put in that position.

Maybe even a little advice from a lawyer would be worth the investment, if for nothing more, it might provide you with a new point of view.....

You know also, you should get a few radio stations in on this and even call the local news channels, you might be supprized to see what can be accomplished when you make take this public....show the possitives that the club creates and express what good it does for the community, and without it what will happen.

Just my thoughts..hope not to upset or tick anybody off......
Old 04-19-2008, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

No your cool man. Shit like this happens only in NY. Those pansies won't just leave us alone. First they kicked us off our original spot to setup their construction crap and we had to spend a lot of time, money and sweat to obtain our new spot which actually I like better than the old one. Ofcourse walking to the track with your gear dragging behind is no fun though LOL. Still I guess they saw how good the area looks now they want this spot for themselves. That area was nothing but weeds, glass bits, and other crap. Now its an excellent, smooth, sealed asphalt track. Bastards trying to steal our creation!
Old 04-19-2008, 07:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well I will see most of you in the morning at the track and tell you all personally the plan of attack that is one of the manysteps needed to try and change this drastic outcome. We do not intend to give up so easily. I will tell you all in person. I will be there bright and early to set up generator and PA etc...
Old 04-19-2008, 08:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I don't understand.

If someone else wants to use the track, wouldn't they want to use the driver's stand as well?

Rick, please ask the people at FBF to contact me about this club. If they are seeking ROAR membership then it has to come through me. If they are not part of ROAR, then where are they getting insurance?
Old 04-19-2008, 10:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jiml
I don't understand.

If someone else wants to use the track, wouldn't they want to use the driver's stand as well?

Rick, please ask the people at FBF to contact me about this club. If they are seeking ROAR membership then it has to come through me. If they are not part of ROAR, then where are they getting insurance?
The facts that are more important than all of the insurance issues are that they have caused a major problem that is left in my lap to try and deal with ASAP. The damage that they have caused can not be stopped, but I would like for them to at least come forth and see now that they have damage to our entire cause. I will see if they want to talk or meet with you, who knows maybe it will make a difference.

As I said before it is the racer that is his/her own worse enemy, so to try and be a wise ass and go around us that has caused issues to rise that took so long for me to get settled. Undermining any and all good that we have accomplished to date. In the end we will prevail I have come to see that WE racers are very crafty and can manage to get things done
Old 04-20-2008, 11:14 PM
Tech Addict

I am still waiting to hear from the individual or individuals that have made the request of use of the racing area. We need to work together to put a stop to the actions that you have made the parks department feel necessary to implement by coming together.

I am waiting and not very patiently I might add because you have made time and issue on this matter. The issue of our drivers stand was put to rest last year but your inquiries have caused upper management and legal teams to feel the need to reevaluate the agreement made. I need to be able to show in good faith that we are willing to work together cohesively in the area deemed for our intended use. Your request for permits requires fast actions and cooperation to try and avert from the destructive path you have set us on. Please call me ASAP 646-286-4316 we need to address this matter.