Search

A New Category Is Born : 1/10 GPR !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

huh??
Old 05-01-2008, 09:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Finally tried the kawahara kit today. It was Fun. If you want to spend as little money as possible to make your existing touring car go faster, I recommend to try.

The kit I bought had front and rear tires, 37 shore, the Body and a wide bumper bar and a nice Kawahara carry box that fit the cars and some spare tires. The kit is for NT1 so the body holes were perfect fit. On the front, i used the original Xray wide bumper and it hold up very well. I did not use the kit bumper.

I tested on my home track but was a wet day so hard to tell by lap time. But for sure it is faster than touring car going around the same track. The Straight Line speed is Much faster thanks to the Hugh tire, Rear 67.8mm, front 65mm and no need to Cut them if you don't want. I tested them as it is.

next test will be in Japan racing the kawahara & Nova cup next week. can't wait.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default gpr

hey chris! goodluck on your race in japan! don't forget to take some pics of the race.. and a few clips of the gpr race just to see these new category in full race pace!
Old 05-01-2008, 05:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kitracer
next test will be in Japan racing the kawahara & Nova cup next week. can't wait.
I will be racing in this event as well but in 8th scale. See you there.

Will be interesting to see how this new class performs.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

hello,

some might want to just drive and have no inclination to spend hours testing/doing car setups. so maybe this option of making cars easier to drive is a blessing and keep drivers racing rather than get frustrated and leave the hobby.

thanks.

joel
Old 05-01-2008, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccartips
hello,

some might want to just drive and have no inclination to spend hours testing/doing car setups. so maybe this option of making cars easier to drive is a blessing and keep drivers racing rather than get frustrated and leave the hobby.

thanks.

joel
Interesting thought, I think you have a point. I am sure the people who resist change will disagree though.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think this is going to drop the numbers of touring cars !!... I think it will be a very popular class
Old 05-01-2008, 08:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm thinking I'd like to try one !!
Old 05-01-2008, 10:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by petevette
Interesting thought, I think you have a point. I am sure the people who resist change will disagree though.
There always be negative about Anything in life! But right now, I just want to enjoy this new Toy of my , with little effort(as well as little money) and Big reward...
Old 05-01-2008, 10:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Snowy
I will be racing in this event as well but in 8th scale. See you there.

Will be interesting to see how this new class performs.
Great, will meet in Japan. r u from OZ?
I'll arrive at the Track on Thursday so if you see a small car catching your 1/8 on the straight, thats me... haha just kidding

Originally Posted by ianhobbies
hey chris! goodluck on your race in japan! don't forget to take some pics of the race.. and a few clips of the gpr race just to see these new category in full race pace!
I will bringing carmera n laptop. Live update at the track ..... will try
Old 05-01-2008, 10:50 PM
Tech Champion

Kitracer : enjoy your hobby ( I mean GPR cars ). All the best in Japan !!!
Old 05-01-2008, 11:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kitracer
Great, will meet in Japan. r u from OZ?
I'll arrive at the Track on Thursday so if you see a small car catching your 1/8 on the straight, thats me... haha just kidding
Yes, from OZ. I will be there on Friday & will need all the practice I can get. See you there.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Snowy
Yes, from OZ. I will be there on Friday & will need all the practice I can get. See you there.
That's because you spectate too many club days instead of getting your car on the track!
Old 05-02-2008, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccartips
hello,

thanks.

joel
These comments best exemplifies what many of us that are not keen on this 220mm class have been talking about. Too many want it made easy, are too lazy, or just don't want to learn how to set up their cars but want to win right away. How do you think many of the big names in the hobby got where they are now?!? Hours of testing, tuning, and experimenting with car setups is what racing is all about. Also, spending time practicing helps as well. Today, many want to shortcut all of this. Just take the time to learn your car and conditions in which you are running. No amount of wide tires, lola bodies, or new classes will ever take the place of time learning, testing, and experimenting.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

why would a 220mm against 220mm will make you win right away.. !

I think this will be a Fun ran for a while before any serious competition sooo... get your tool ready and start learning a new Class I am sure there is down side, like more wear on drive chain..etc.. time will tell.

One thing is those who can't find a Good traction track near by but still want to enjoy going relatively "fast" around the track, then this could be one choice ( or short cuts )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.