Community
Wiki Posts
Search

East Civic by Central RC

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 11:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Roger
Just got the body from Billy Bowerman last saturday. I finally painted it and took it to my local hobbyshop's track:

As you can see, this would be a perfect testing ground for any nitro sedan car. Fastest lap time was done by Kevin Jelich posting a 14.3 second lap with his electic brushless modified sedan. My fastest lap time was posted 2 weeks ago with a time of 14.1 with an average of 14.8 seconds during a five minute session with my nitro sedan using the status 3.1. Next week, I will post some times using the same procedures I did today. I believe I can hit a high 13 second lap with the civic body depending on track conditions !! Unfortunately, the timing wasn't set-up today because they are having a off-road race tommorrow. We usually practice and test on wednesday's and friday's. Today, I tested bodies and did afew comparisons with 3 other bodies ( 3.1 status, Parma M, and the kawahara IS250 ). Here are afew shots of the civic before testing:

After setting up the car for track conditions, I used the status 3.1 as a baseline just because i've used it so much at different tracks and conditions. Once I found a good set-up, I started to push the car to its limits using only one tank of fuel for each body without changing any set-up. This is what I came up with the following three bodies (3.1, IS250, Parma M):

Stratus 3.1 : Least amount of steering and most rear end stability
Kawahara IS250 : Most amount of steering with least rear end stability
Parma M : Medium amount of steering with Medium rear end stability

Then came the central civic . First thing I noticed was the stability going through chicanes, straightaway, initial entry / mid corner / and exit out of corners. I hung out with Josh Cyrul yesterday and he was very interested on how the body handles as well, " The windshield looks pretty narly !! " he mentioned. The body was very stable throughout the whole powerband. The rear end never broke loose and the body steered effortlessly with stability. Corner speed felt alot more higher under load with control. So, to my conclusion:

Central Civic: Most amount of steering with most rear end stability !!

I wish serpent had found this body alot earlier . Thankyou serpent.

Roger Serafin
Glad you like it Roger and bythe way...... Nice paint job!!!!

So far we have received really positive remarks about this body. Josh order a few last week for the Capitol Classic @ 301.
At the Regionals in Florida, the Civic was already the choice of 50% of the field.

Our inventories are low and new batch is on the way.

Thanks guys for the support.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

i got to run the body today on my MTX4-R and it really is a great body. Switching from the 3.1 I could run harder tires and still stayed planted.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up Central body

I give this body the thumbs up, raced it this weekend in Tampa at SS Raceway average laptimes around 13.5 busted out 4 12.9 an slide in a 12.8 also body is awsome Dj stated.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by quietstorm76
i got to run the body today on my MTX4-R and it really is a great body. Switching from the 3.1 I could run harder tires and still stayed planted.
Looking good Marcos!
Old 06-02-2008, 10:48 AM
Tech Adept

Default hole size?

hi guys, paolo m.,

What is the ideal windsheild hole size for the civic? I usually put it at 58-59 mm., but the hole seems to be too big, I run a serpent 720, and where is the best spot to put the hole also? ty guys
Old 06-02-2008, 12:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by BURATIS-SPP
hi guys, paolo m.,

What is the ideal windsheild hole size for the civic? I usually put it at 58-59 mm., but the hole seems to be too big, I run a serpent 720, and where is the best spot to put the hole also? ty guys
Hi Buratis, for Roar rules where max diameter is 60mm, i put around 54 and i make sure that the lid when fully open, is close to the edge of the rear part of the hole. This way, the hole is more than 2/3 in the roof and the rest in the windshield. For Efra/Ifmar rules, where the holes is 50mm, i put around 49
Old 06-02-2008, 01:16 PM
ALG
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Paolo M
Hi Buratis, for Roar rules where max diameter is 60mm, i put around 54 and i make sure that the lid when fully open, is close to the edge of the rear part of the hole. This way, the hole is more than 2/3 in the roof and the rest in the windshield. For Efra/Ifmar rules, where the holes is 50mm, i put around 49
PAOLO is it legal to have 2/3 on the roof? I tought it should be 50/50 or this is just EFRA/IFMAR ruels? EFRA/IFMAR you can also use 60mm BUT only on the windshield and when combining you must go to 50MM
please clarify if im wrong,
Regards
Andy,
Old 06-02-2008, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ALG
PAOLO is it legal to have 2/3 on the roof? I tought it should be 50/50 or this is just EFRA/IFMAR ruels? EFRA/IFMAR you can also use 60mm BUT only on the windshield and when combining you must go to 50MM
please clarify if im wrong,
Regards
Andy,
I cannot speak with regards to IFMAR or EFRA rules, but Roar eliminated the portion of the rule that stated:

If using a single hole for cooling and refueling at least 50% of the hole must be in the front windshield.

Now I was told it has to be centered above the fuel tank lid.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

I can only speak for the EFRA-Rules and there the refueling hole have to be centered over the tank lid.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AddictedToRacin
I can only speak for the EFRA-Rules and there the refueling hole have to be centered over the tank lid.
Then if it has to be "centered over the tank", then it won't matter if it is 50%, 60% or 2/3 on the windshield, correct? as long it is centered "OVER" the fuel tank.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Exactly.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

When using EFRA rules we usually make the vent/fuel holes like this to make refueling with a gun easier.
East Civic by Central RC-dscf5650.jpg
This is a Altis 2.3, i have a Civic too but not yet painted.. Ill see if the holes can be made in the same way on it.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:06 PM
ALG
Tech Regular

In conclusion, if you have a refuling hole that has some % on the windshield and some % on the roof) centered with the fuel lid, you CANT have another hole on the wind shield?
Thanks for your help!!!
keep tuning
Old 06-04-2008, 03:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Exactly, if the refuel hole goes into both the windshield and roof you can only have 1 hole.

Often you can just make the hole in the roof smaller, so it wont stretch into the windshield. That's a problem with the Parma M-type since it's windshield is so long/high, the refuel hole can be around 25-30 mm maximum if it's centered over the tank.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

For some years we only make a hole above the tank because it is the only possibility to get the hole centered. No problems up to now. Back in my serpent times we did it like sparx.
You have only the choice to:
1 hole that is in the windshield and the top or
2 holes, one in the windshield and one at the top

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.