Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting into On Road "drifting"

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 11:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Getting into On Road "drifting"

Hey everybody here's my intro. Been a member for awhile but haven't posted till now. I know, this sounds strange. Well, currently my garage consists of a rusty and a maxx. Both have a good amount of hop-ups but looking to add another ride. Trying to decide on a on road "drifter" car and need some help. Anybody have some suggestions? Right now considering Rs4 or Tc3. Need some input please. Preferably something that can grow along with me. Thanks
Old 04-08-2008, 12:01 AM
Tech Master

Neither of those cars will "grow" with you. Just know that the car will stay a drift machine/parking lot basher. Its not suitable for racing or rally. Both of them are older designs. The drift version of the RS4 is probably the best platform for drifting. It's currently the only nito chassis specificaly designed for drift. It's also much newer and has better parts support in many areas. I'm not bashing you or your choices. Just trying to give you an unbiased opinion. If nitro drifting is what you want to do, the RS4 is the clear choice.

I have an older nitro RS4-2 that I want to convert to drift. Electric is the most popular drift platform, but I'm a nitro guy at heart. Where are you located?
Old 04-08-2008, 06:02 AM
Tech Adept

i have seen hpi rs4 3 drifting still in original form with out mods or engine change just how it came out of the box even with the cuda body still on
he put masking tape on the tires to make it spinn better the rs4 comes with the 18ss for more power
why dont you check out th rcdrift forum i think its rcd1
Old 04-08-2008, 06:12 AM
Tech Adept

the correct address is "]rcdriftclub.com[/EMAIL] hope this helps
Old 04-08-2008, 05:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the info. Any recommendations as far as nitro cars? Or is electric the way to go? Personally I like nitro but I'm open to suggestions. Thanks for the link I'll go check it out.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

i like to drift with my electric car better then my nitro...mainly because you can control it easier. electric is 1 speed....nitro is 2....

but hearing the nitro motor around a turn.....awsome
Old 04-09-2008, 08:04 AM
Tech Adept

Kyosho FW05 also makes a good drifter- virtually same design as the RS4. Electric wise anything 4WD will do. Don't let anyone tell you need to spend x y and z. You don't - you only need plastic drift tires.

Check this out
Old 04-10-2008, 07:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for all your responses. Still deciding... Please keep the info coming it's definitely helping! Thanks again!
Old 04-14-2008, 08:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by GSPOT
i like to drift with my electric car better then my nitro...mainly because you can control it easier. electric is 1 speed....nitro is 2....

but hearing the nitro motor around a turn.....awsome
actually the hpi nitro rs4 RTR3 Drif is only a 1 speed