Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 09:41 PM
Tech Regular

question...is the one piece engine mount or the blow individual mounts better? thanks!?
Old 05-05-2009, 06:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

Originally Posted by jiggamacdaddy
question...is the one piece engine mount or the blow individual mounts better? thanks!?
i prefer the 2 piece mount, chassis has a bit more flex . i found with one piece mount i now and then strip gears . but with the 2 peice mount i have only strip one gear in almost 8 months and that too i think it was cos of driving on a dirty track .
Old 05-05-2009, 06:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

Originally Posted by corney_01
The only thing i noticed when i changed the car feels more consistent and balanced as you can drop the nt1 tank down like 6 to 7mm
note to myself have to beat corney's inbreed RRR . i dropped my tank down when i was using lipo . didnt feel much different. but for some reason the constant pressure of the tank on my lipo unscrewed the battery holder from the front end and it must have caught itself some where on the track pushing the battery into the tank and cracking the tank . wasn't very nice . lol note to myself its a good idea to have the tank a bit above the battery . but i definitely like the receiver box .
Old 05-05-2009, 06:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ccrcraceway
lol note to myself its a good idea to have the tank a bit above the battery . but i definitely like the receiver box .
I personally use the atomic receiver box which is similar. Have no problems with it except the fact that my servo cables are a bit too long and they are crumbed in there
Old 05-05-2009, 08:46 AM
Tech Regular

so the individual ones are better for flex? also is the plastic roll bar handle better than the metal kyosho option part?
Old 05-05-2009, 09:34 AM
Tech Adept

Default Kyosho V one rrr evo 2 wc parts

Hi, I am living in Colombia and I need buy parts from my V one rrr evo 2.
Where I can buy (u.s) kyosho parts?
Thanks in advance
Old 05-05-2009, 10:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Arushmen
Hi, I am living in Colombia and I need buy parts from my V one rrr evo 2.
Where I can buy (u.s) kyosho parts?
Thanks in advance
Try:
gascarrc.com
ashfordhobbies.com

Both keep a large inventory.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jiggamacdaddy
I have used the one piece mount since day one with my RRR Evo 2 and have had no problems. Have had my Kit since last September and have stripped 2 gears due to debris on the track and a blown thrust bearing.

Regards,
Speyederjedi
Old 05-05-2009, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)

I would say the one piece is a great choice to go with I've used my one piece for about 3yrs. now...
Old 05-05-2009, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I have always used one piece engine mounts. They should reduce on stripped gears as well as reducing flex in the engine case. It does weigh a bit more, but I think it is well worth the extra grams.

Receiver case I never use. In 5-6 years of onroad racing, only once would it have made much of a difference. There was a time recently when I caught a pipe sticking out at just the right angle etc etc.. The result was I broke the servo plugs themself. Receiver was fine, but I bent over the plugs that stuck out from the receiver.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

scott can you tell the difference from a static rear 3 degree camper with long upper link and a 1 static camper with very short upper link?
thanks!
Old 05-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GREGORY!
scott can you tell the difference from a static rear 3 degree camper with long upper link and a 1 static camper with very short upper link?
thanks!
I have never tried the 1 degress static with the short link, but it would be interesting to try on a track that lacks forward bite.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:55 AM
prg
Tech Apprentice

Default on power oversteer

Hi guys
i have recently changed my motor to a os vz (a lot more down low power than i had previously) 1st gear ratio is 17/59. I have a problem with on power oversteer in high speed corners. I have to realy feather the throttle and if i give it to much the rear breaks away. I run a front diff 100k and a pretty standard setup. just looking for where to start looking at fixing my setup

thanks in advance
Old 05-07-2009, 06:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by prg
Hi guys
i have recently changed my motor to a os vz (a lot more down low power than i had previously) 1st gear ratio is 17/59. I have a problem with on power oversteer in high speed corners. I have to realy feather the throttle and if i give it to much the rear breaks away. I run a front diff 100k and a pretty standard setup. just looking for where to start looking at fixing my setup

thanks in advance
it makes that now with the new motor??
Old 05-07-2009, 02:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by prg
Hi guys

thanks in advance
You ever hear anybody at the track say "throttle control"?
You now know what they mean.

If not, throw some rear camber at it, or add a shim under the rear camber link on the wheel side. One of the two should help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.