Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 02:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian Bosley
I tried it briefly out of town so I am still unclear, but the setup is really quite different and to be fair I have driven a spool a LOT longer than a diff (even in electric I always drove a one way, or a spool and never a diff)

With a spool setup, I could see the car oversteering on power because you are not getting the drive on the outside tire that you usually would to push the car out.

My local track is having one last day of practice and racing this weekend before they tear down for the new worlds surface so I can test on the exact surface that people say the diff is the key for. I will post back on what changes and if I was able to match my lap times or not but I already feel that you can drive a spool car harder on a point and shoot type of layout from years of electric experience but I will try it again.
Brian are you talking about Mike's track
Old 11-03-2008, 02:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

THe track I ran this weekend is by far not a point and shoot track. So you would think a diff would work better. But that wasn't the case for me. And as far as running a diff. I did it all the time in the NT1. So I know where you are coming from trying something different. Again driver Prefernce ,, so you tend to stick with what you like the most.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Can't remember where I read it, but will the front diff fit straight into the EVO2, or was there some change required to the front steering saver?

If someone could post the full parts required again for a front diff it would be much appriciated!

Are most of you guys running 100000wt oils in the front diff, or lighter?
Old 11-04-2008, 06:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Brian are you talking about Mike's track
yes, I consider Mike's low traction and 90% 180 degree corners without complicated braking zones like ft meyers. the only high speed chicane is coming on the straight and sort of when you pass the drivers stand but really that is a straight shot with a slight left turn before you go right past the snack bar.

Novarossi, you will have to grind the ackerman a bit on the evo2 (it's always been like this, the diff hasn't been "made for" the RRR series in years)

Here is what you need though, you can find them on shop kyosho using these key words and this manual (the v-one-r)
http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/in...11_v_one_m.pdf

VZ009 - diff casings (i think this has the tiny screws)
92051 - 2x11 pin's
92052 - orings
vz012 - bevel gears
bs107 - steel shafts, you can get these in titanium too
Old 11-04-2008, 07:42 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Novarossi
Can't remember where I read it, but will the front diff fit straight into the EVO2, or was there some change required to the front steering saver?

If someone could post the full parts required again for a front diff it would be much appriciated!

Are most of you guys running 100000wt oils in the front diff, or lighter?
You can do exactly what Brian mentioned on grinding it down or just use the old ackerman which is quicker to change out that is exactly what I did to avoid any dremmeling to the new ackerman at the last race when I used a diff & felt exactly like Mark just did not like the feel of it & was faster when I went back to the spool
Old 11-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

.. I didn't encounter any bind with front diff in my WCE.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:35 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MikaR
.. I didn't encounter any bind with front diff in my WCE.
Mika it's the newcar evo2 that will bind when using a front diff
Old 11-05-2008, 12:17 PM
Tech Master

Yes, exactly. I was kinda referring to Brian's comment "(it's always been like this, the diff hasn't been "made for" the RRR series in years)"
Old 11-05-2008, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikaR
Yes, exactly. I was kinda referring to Brian's comment "(it's always been like this, the diff hasn't been "made for" the RRR series in years)"
sorry it hit with my evo wc ackerman #12 and I know it hits with the stock evolva ackerman so I assumed it was a problem for other people so I mentioned it and if you look at that manual # that I posted it is more than several revisions back that they even included the front diff in the manual at all hence my comment 'hasn't been made for the rrr series in years'

I'm done though guys, have fun with this car but I'm going to skip reading anything on rctech again.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

does anyone have try the 3racing spur gears v2?how good are they?
Old 11-05-2008, 09:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GREGORY!
does anyone have try the 3racing spur gears v2?how good are they?
If they are round then you will have got one of the good ones. The general rule with 3 racing is that if it moves, don't use it, but then I've seen 1pc engine mounts that have snapped clean, so yeah, I don't touch their stuff
Old 11-05-2008, 11:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Brian Bosley
sorry it hit with my evo wc ackerman #12 and I know it hits with the stock evolva ackerman so I assumed it was a problem for other people so I mentioned it and if you look at that manual # that I posted it is more than several revisions back that they even included the front diff in the manual at all hence my comment 'hasn't been made for the rrr series in years'

I'm done though guys, have fun with this car but I'm going to skip reading anything on rctech again.
It's perfectly fine Brian, no worries. I'm not sure if EVO2 lists the parts for front diff (because it apparently won't fit directly), but older manuals do. Haven't checked myself cause I don't have EVO 2 just yet. However, all this information is good and valuable, sometimes it's just a bit hard to put everyhting into words in a nice way, you know.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:57 AM
Tech Adept

need more understanding of the ackerman adjustments for the evo2.

q. are there 3 ackerman settings for the evo2 (a/b/c)?

q. does flipping the ackerman around change the setting? for example, b upside, or does it not matter which way an ackerman plate goes in?

q. which is the most sensentive (ie better suited for small tight tracks) and which is least sensentive (suited for large flowing tracks)?
Old 11-08-2008, 10:00 AM
Tech Regular

I have a problem with car.Today was the 1st day in track with that car,and its tooooo tight,i put diff in front 100000 silicone and 20000 in rear diff!! from the beggining all belts were too tigths!! should i try to untight them all,and change diffs oils?? the car in the track was like a wood in the road!! do you understand what i mean???
Old 11-08-2008, 10:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by staikosn1
I have a problem with car.Today was the 1st day in track with that car,and its tooooo tight,i put diff in front 100000 silicone and 20000 in rear diff!! from the beggining all belts were too tigths!! should i try to untight them all,and change diffs oils?? the car in the track was like a wood in the road!! do you understand what i mean???
In my opinion, I would put the one-way in or a spool just to eliminate one possible binding problem. I would definitely loosen all the belts to the loosest setting. The 20,000 oil in the rear should be fine, I use 30,000 most of the time but every track is different. Start with this and see if this helps unless someone else has better advice. My Evo2 is new and I have it pretty dialed. Check your track widths at both ends and make sure the dog bones or CVD's arent binding. If this works then try your front diff again and see if thats the problem. Good Luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.