Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2 >

Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2

Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2

Old 08-31-2008, 02:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Novarossi
Anyone recommend an aftermarket/spare screw kit for the EVO2?

Tony Screws?
RC Screwz?
FastEddy?

Thanks.
I use tony screws just under the chasis due to weight other than that titanium all around
Old 08-31-2008, 04:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Novarossi
Anyone recommend an aftermarket/spare screw kit for the EVO2?

Tony Screws?
RC Screwz?
FastEddy?

Thanks.
I cant remember if it's RC Screwz or Tony Screwz but one of them are not perfectly metric so strip easy with your 2mm driver. I've heard you can get an imperial driver in fine but I don't have one

Has anyone used the KM Racing carbon backed brake pads? I'm interested to know how they compare to the APP ones as they look to be a similar material
Old 08-31-2008, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Anybody had issues of the car understeering on one side than the other?

I have shaved the steering servo horn to have maximum clearance already so that it does not hit the tank and battery but I am still having understeer on the left.

Steering servo is new, length of steering rod is equal on both sides. Wheels are toed out 1 deg, I am having 100% steering EPA and 100% dual rate on my tx. I cant really figure out why.

The only thing i can think of is get a thinner servo horn.

Any ideas?
Old 08-31-2008, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CraigM
Has anyone used the KM Racing carbon backed brake pads? I'm interested to know how they compare to the APP ones as they look to be a similar material
I am also wondering if it is worth the bucks to get them or the APP ones.

They come glued... with springs.
Old 08-31-2008, 08:21 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Arahawak
Anybody had issues of the car understeering on one side than the other?

I have shaved the steering servo horn to have maximum clearance already so that it does not hit the tank and battery but I am still having understeer on the left.

Steering servo is new, length of steering rod is equal on both sides. Wheels are toed out 1 deg, I am having 100% steering EPA and 100% dual rate on my tx. I cant really figure out why.

The only thing i can think of is get a thinner servo horn.

Any ideas?
Is the servo horn actually hitting anything? if not (sounds like you've dremeled the hell out of it) then that's not the problem. Have you checked the steering throw to each side on a setup station? Even with all the same settings left and right on the electronics that doesnt mean it'll be the same. If you've done that already then your car is tweaked, so check your shock lengths are all equal left to right, droop, roll bars, spring preload, etc. If you still have issues you'll need to stick it on a tweak station to get the preload spot on
Old 08-31-2008, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Is the servo horn actually hitting anything? if not (sounds like you've dremeled the hell out of it) then that's not the problem. Have you checked the steering throw to each side on a setup station? Even with all the same settings left and right on the electronics that doesnt mean it'll be the same. If you've done that already then your car is tweaked, so check your shock lengths are all equal left to right, droop, roll bars, spring preload, etc. If you still have issues you'll need to stick it on a tweak station to get the preload spot on
the servo horn now looks really like a horn off a goat (literally)
It doesnt seems like its hitting anything.

I have checked everything as you mentioned before. I will change another servo just in case. I just realise my steering servo is making weird noises and it shaking by itself.
Old 08-31-2008, 08:47 PM
Tech Champion

for those lookinf for the Evo2 I trhink brooklyn hobbies still has some instock
Old 09-01-2008, 05:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I am also wondering if it is worth the bucks to get them or the APP ones.

They come glued... with springs.
The other option is the offroad ST-R brake pads, IFW324. I have been using these for years and they provide the best resistance to fading. I'm looking forward to getting the capricorn disc with the internal venting as well instead of the steel one I use today.

I believe they are the same possibly asbestos type material, no springs though but they are $35 too..
Old 09-01-2008, 01:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Brian Bosley
The other option is the offroad ST-R brake pads, IFW324. I have been using these for years and they provide the best resistance to fading. I'm looking forward to getting the capricorn disc with the internal venting as well instead of the steel one I use today.

I believe they are the same possibly asbestos type material, no springs though but they are $35 too..
I just got my capricorn brake disc thru murnanmodified.com looks sweet
Old 09-01-2008, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GMartinez
I see the euro affects the price of capricorn gear as badly here as it does through their own website. I may have to wait on that stuff until the economy gets a little worse on the euro side.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

the servo horn now looks really like a horn off a goat (literally)
It doesnt seems like its hitting anything.

I have checked everything as you mentioned before. I will change another servo just in case. I just realise my steering servo is making weird noises and it shaking by itself.
Where have you mounted the ball on the steering servo arm? I cant remember the exact measurement but I had mine wrong when I first built it. I think I had it at 19mm instead of 17mm. I had to change servo horn to one that lined it up at the correct distance. It hit the top deck otherwise.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:55 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by barg
Where have you mounted the ball on the steering servo arm? I cant remember the exact measurement but I had mine wrong when I first built it. I think I had it at 19mm instead of 17mm. I had to change servo horn to one that lined it up at the correct distance. It hit the top deck otherwise.
your servo horn should also be mounted on the spline so there is a perpendicular angle with the steering rod. A lot of people mount theirs straight on the servo and this makes the steering throw uneven
Old 09-01-2008, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Originally Posted by Brian Bosley

Expensive for a brake disc aint it?
Old 09-01-2008, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

your servo horn should also be mounted on the spline so there is a perpendicular angle with the steering rod. A lot of people mount theirs straight on the servo and this makes the steering throw uneven
Originally Posted by barg
CraigM, I mounted exactly as you had mentioned.

barg, does mounting the ball on the different sides of the steering servo make a diff? I had my link shorten abit more than what it mentioned on the manual. This for me to align the front wheels without touching much the trim on my TX.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:32 PM
Tech Regular

just a newbie doubt
I am bulding the front knuckle arm, mounting the blue cap ball of pillow ball. How tight you let it? In manual says to ensure smooth non-binding movement of pillow ball. I always worry about this. For example I can let the pillow ball free but with a small play and I also can set it for a almost 0 play but the pillow ball movements more rough but not draging .. it also moves free without bind. When assembly on suspension arm the, 2 ways moves free up down left right. What are you opnions?
That can sound gay but I'm trying to assembly as possible as I can lol

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.