Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 09:11 AM
Tech Regular

I talked with an experiencied driver and he leaves the slop, he says that helps car handling... most in bump tracks. Sometimes is annoying because it gets bigger in one side than other, but I leave this way. Also when the suspension arm is not moving freely in the shaft I change for a new arm or pin so it moves free
Old 11-01-2008, 02:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff1
I talked with an experiencied driver and he leaves the slop, he says that helps car handling... most in bump tracks. Sometimes is annoying because it gets bigger in one side than other, but I leave this way. Also when the suspension arm is not moving freely in the shaft I change for a new arm or pin so it moves free
Jeff,
If you leave the slop in , it's just like having a missing caster clip, your cars caster angle is moving round ( it may only be a Half a Mill. But we are talking about a 200 mm car here, every bit of slop matters.
Old 11-01-2008, 02:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by lil-bump
It happens on Mugens too. I think I used electric end bell shims to correct mine. I always shim to make the wheel base smaller.

Pass you soon...
Yea , thats what we are using , ( the Electric motor shims )WORKS GREAT
Old 11-01-2008, 04:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by GREGORY!
hi guys!i want to ask you if have you notice any play in the rear arms.front and back.i have some in mine rrr wc.i have try to change everything in the rear of the car but the slop is there.so i thing that it's normal.??so i shim it from the front of the arm.
does the evo 2's rear arms different?
thanks!
Shim it it helps, also Kyosho sells the shims which come in 0.1,0.2 & 0.3 thick. I can't remember the part # but it is in the manual
Old 11-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yes.this shims i use!
thanks guys!
something else,does anyone use an o-ring in the front upper arm?
i have see this.i don't know if it make any noticible difference...
Old 11-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

something more,do you have hear anything about carbon suspension pins?
i had found the site but now i cant..
Old 11-01-2008, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GREGORY!
something more,do you have hear anything about carbon suspension pins?
i had found the site but now i cant..
Don't use them. I have a friend that has used them in him MTX and they broke quite easily.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:50 AM
Tech Rookie

What are the benefits of using one way bearing in front instead of a diferential gearbox.. or why should i use diferential instead of one way bearing?
Old 11-02-2008, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

http://www.rceasy.com/2008/11/01/kyo...on/#more-17458

Evo 2 WC has been announced...
Old 11-03-2008, 07:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
Don't use them. I have a friend that has used them in him MTX and they broke quite easily.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

My local shop told me that his shelf price to the customer on the EVO2 WC would be $650.......... I hope his information is completely mistaken or else my faith in Kyosho pricing is going down hill and Xray is looking inexpensive now. He said Kyosho blames the Yen to dollar ratio.

As for the diff vs one way since most people won't take the time to help on this board because it is easier to just flame people I will cover what I know works for me.

I personally run a spool everywhere, and only have very limited testing on the diff but the diff is a lot closer to a spool than the oneway and I can compare those for you.

The oneway removes your front braking ability for one which makes the car turn in differently due to the rear only braking but it frees up the car in sweeping corners on big tracks because it allows the front tires to spin at different speeds (unlike the spool but similar to the diff but the oneway is much more free) If you enter most corners without using the brakes, the oneway may be for you.

The spool allows you to dive harder into a corner similar to a diff (with front and rear brakes, but you have to keep the wheels spinning so be careful to watch that you are not over braking or it will make the car feel like it is pushing on entry)

The spool and oneway exit the corner the same because they are locked by the driveline, after the apex (which is different than a standard driving line because your car should be pivoted a bit more than usual) you should be full throttle at or before the apex and allow the car to pull where it needs to go.

The diff is similar to the spool (more or less depending on the thickness of the oil) except you can use the throttle in the middle of the corner more without the car darting as much. It makes the car easier to drive on corner exit because you can apply too much throttle and the car will not push as hard. Overall it makes the car easier to drive, I haven't been able to say the diff is faster than the spool in my own car yet though.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

I think the price will be around $480-$500 @ the LHS don't qoute me on it just have a feeling.
They should start popping up late december or early January
Old 11-03-2008, 12:50 PM
Tech Addict

DiFF V/s Spool.

I had a great weekend to test just a Diff & then a Spool. Smooth surface, med. grip track ,Semi tight to tight track.

I took my Same setup I always run , And Just changed to the diff. My First problem was WAY to much oversteer on corner exit. Made some minor changes, still same problem, made a few more changes and it seemed to get better but still too much exit snap. Made my Final Major changes to make the car " easier " to drive. And it just didn't Feel the way I wanted it to. \
Went back to the pits and Just changed from the Diff to the spool and the car was Night & day. " a little twitchy " campared to the diff. But it Eliminated the corner exit snap ( on power oversteer ) . NOw this is just on this track, I'm not saying this is the results on every track, Also my faster lap times were turned after installing the Spool . By .4 tenths per lap.
As Far as braking, I didn't see any or feel any advantage by the Diff or the spool , I braked pretty much the same.AnD As Far as loosing any steering ( off power ) corner entry . I didn't Feel any difference. I did feel like I could be a little more agressive with the spool.

I had tried the diff 1 other time at a different track & had similar results forcing me to change quickly back to my standard setup.
I believe the Diff V/S Spool Is gonna be Driver Preference.

As I had said before , in the NT1 I loved the diff & only the Diff.
But for the Evo wc. I am much happier with the spool. not to mention I get to shed a bunch of grams in Rotating mass.

Brian, I don't know what you found out ( if you have tried it yet ) But Post what you find.AND If you liked it
Old 11-03-2008, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GMartinez
I think the price will be around $480-$500 @ the LHS don't qoute me on it just have a feeling.
They should start popping up late december or early January
I think you are right, shopkyosho.com is usually right on for shop prices on parts because shops make a huge markup on individual parts but not kits and I think this shop was misinformed.

If you go by the evolva m3 kit on shopkyosho.com, $850 vs around $650 street price.

So it should still be in the $450-$500 range that the old car was in based on the $680 "retail" price. After all, they really didn't do very much that would cost any more and the yen to dollar is better than it was 6 months ago (to the dollar side, good for us)
Old 11-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MHarrison
Brian, I don't know what you found out ( if you have tried it yet ) But Post what you find.AND If you liked it
I tried it briefly out of town so I am still unclear, but the setup is really quite different and to be fair I have driven a spool a LOT longer than a diff (even in electric I always drove a one way, or a spool and never a diff)

With a spool setup, I could see the car oversteering on power because you are not getting the drive on the outside tire that you usually would to push the car out.

My local track is having one last day of practice and racing this weekend before they tear down for the new worlds surface so I can test on the exact surface that people say the diff is the key for. I will post back on what changes and if I was able to match my lap times or not but I already feel that you can drive a spool car harder on a point and shoot type of layout from years of electric experience but I will try it again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.