Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 09:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Split Pin,

Thanks for the update in regards to Shimo's setup and you're right, Kyosho is still the best. THE RED ARMY ROCKS!!!!

Regards,
Speyederjedi
Old 10-27-2008, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GMartinez
With that statement why don't you list the advantages
Disclaimer: you may not get the exact numbers I obtained with my scale if you try this.

The advantages, cost simply although the driveline is 14% lighter for those of us counting rotational mass so that could be an advantage but I drove the Xray back to back stock vs full options ($150+) and could hardly notice and it certainly didn't show up in the lap times. I have a specific drivetrain setup for the RRR that does put it at 206 grams but even then the Xray can be lighter I think mostly due to the rear diff size. I think you are better off with ceramic bearings as far as cost goes here but then the NT1 could get ceramics and still be ahead if you think rotational mass means a lot (think about the heavy and light flywheel argument, although not directly relevant you should get the idea) I notice the Twister Pro-Lights vs standard but that is a 23 gram difference of pure high speed rotational mass.

The entire drive system is just lighter, when I ran a NT1 and had a evo wc together I took everything that spins excluding clutch, belts and bearings and the NT1 with all of the lightweight gear (198g) was 32 grams lighter than the Kyosho was with the steel spool (against the NT1's heavy oneway that could be an aluminum spool for more savings) and then the stock NT1 gear vs xray lightweight (1st/2nd housings, brake pulley, front cvds, aluminum hexes without the new 2speed shaft) came out about 10 grams heavier.

btw, I support and run the Kyosho car again now because the Xray is just extremely expensive ($35 per cvd??) and I would rather see more people in the hobby spending less for the "same" thing but I guess you have to have high retail costs to drive a Lamborghini to a national race (it was cool looking though I will admit)
Old 10-27-2008, 02:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian Bosley
Disclaimer: you may not get the exact numbers I obtained with my scale if you try this.

The advantages, cost simply although the driveline is 14% lighter for those of us counting rotational mass so that could be an advantage but I drove the Xray back to back stock vs full options ($150+) and could hardly notice and it certainly didn't show up in the lap times. I have a specific drivetrain setup for the RRR that does put it at 206 grams but even then the Xray can be lighter I think mostly due to the rear diff size. I think you are better off with ceramic bearings as far as cost goes here but then the NT1 could get ceramics and still be ahead if you think rotational mass means a lot (think about the heavy and light flywheel argument, although not directly relevant you should get the idea) I notice the Twister Pro-Lights vs standard but that is a 23 gram difference of pure high speed rotational mass.

The entire drive system is just lighter, when I ran a NT1 and had a evo wc together I took everything that spins excluding clutch, belts and bearings and the NT1 with all of the lightweight gear (198g) was 32 grams lighter than the Kyosho was with the steel spool (against the NT1's heavy oneway that could be an aluminum spool for more savings) and then the stock NT1 gear vs xray lightweight (1st/2nd housings, brake pulley, front cvds, aluminum hexes without the new 2speed shaft) came out about 10 grams heavier.

btw, I support and run the Kyosho car again now because the Xray is just extremely expensive ($35 per cvd??) and I would rather see more people in the hobby spending less for the "same" thing but I guess you have to have high retail costs to drive a Lamborghini to a national race (it was cool looking though I will admit)
MML with the disclaimer
Just a thought on certain points
pro vs con is a major disclaimer with a lot of your post's
as for trying to lighten up you car becareful as I pushed it a little to much & came in dead on weight 1725 afte a 5min race
as for cvd's comparsion I would stick with the kyosho since the hudy spring steel are not as strong as everyone think's they are
Old 10-27-2008, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

pro vs con is a major disclaimer with a lot of your post's
Isn't everything about racing pro vs con and what it means in YOUR head. Not mine or someone elses but your own. I have done every experiment I can think of to change the RRR along with many on the NT1 and have a drastically different car than the stock evo wc and it makes me feel faster than stock and I can adapt the car to any track but....... I have driven new guys cars that I setup and feel that I could drive within a 10th or two of my own car with their box stock components and a solid engine, Kyosho, Xray, Serpent.. whatever it's all the same to me really it just depends on build quality and total cost of ownership if all the cars can make the main (they all did at nats with competitive times and the "old" kyosho won the worlds) so that puts kyosho in the front because of cost which I never thought I would hear myself saying back in the great planes days but kyosho america seems to have helped although they are getting slaughtered in the offroad market because their offroad car is on special at amain for $799, while you can get a fully built Associated RC8 (just as competitive on the track and durability except for the fuel tank) for $459 and the worlds winning hot bodies car for $334 (although that can't be right, the worlds car must have been more special than that)
Old 10-27-2008, 04:45 PM
Tech Champion

Isn't everything about racing pro vs con and what it means in YOUR head. Not mine or someone elses but your own. I have done every experiment I can think of to change the RRR along with many on the NT1 and have a drastically different car than the stock evo wc and it makes me feel faster than stock and I can adapt the car to any track but....... I have driven new guys cars that I setup and feel that I could drive within a 10th or two of my own car with their box stock components and a solid engine, Kyosho, Xray, Serpent.. whatever it's all the same to me really it just depends on build quality and total cost of ownership if all the cars can make the main (they all did at nats with competitive times and the "old" kyosho won the worlds) so that puts kyosho in the front because of cost which I never thought I would hear myself saying back in the great planes days but kyosho america seems to have helped although they are getting slaughtered in the offroad market because their offroad car is on special at amain for $799, while you can get a fully built Associated RC8 (just as competitive on the track and durability except for the fuel tank) for $459 and the worlds winning hot bodies car for $334 (although that can't be right, the worlds car must have been more special than that)
Dude you are to much
Great planes days you were a teenager what do you know.
As for pricing you get what you paid for. That's your opinion on who's getting slaughtered. I don't see how you talk so much about racing when there is a lot of us who actually really travel to major races
I can only recall seeing you at 1 event this year in Kissimmee & before that @ your local track last year for the sedan Nat's so 2 races wow that make's you a genius in the rc world. There are a lot more drivers on this site that have more experience than you. So stop hating & go to your orignal name brianhatesnitro there are still plenty of us who really know what type of person
Old 10-27-2008, 05:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi,

With the 2D clutch shimming, the clutch bell spins freely but you can hear it just skimming against the clutch shoe. Is this ok or should I install another very thin shim so that I cannot hear it skimming the clutch shoe at all?

Cheers
Old 10-27-2008, 07:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by shiston
Hi,

With the 2D clutch shimming, the clutch bell spins freely but you can hear it just skimming against the clutch shoe. Is this ok or should I install another very thin shim so that I cannot hear it skimming the clutch shoe at all?

Cheers
Put in another shim (0.1mm). As the clutch heats up while you are racing it will expand reducing that clearence and then dragging
Old 10-27-2008, 08:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Split Pin
Put in another shim (0.1mm). As the clutch heats up while you are racing it will expand reducing that clearence and then dragging
Ok cool. Thanks
Old 10-27-2008, 09:26 PM
Tech Master

Dude you are to much
Great planes days you were a teenager what do you know.
As for pricing you get what you paid for. That's your opinion on who's getting slaughtered. I don't see how you talk so much about racing when there is a lot of us who actually really travel to major races
I can only recall seeing you at 1 event this year in Kissimmee & before that @ your local track last year for the sedan Nat's so 2 races wow that make's you a genius in the rc world. There are a lot more drivers on this site that have more experience than you. So stop hating & go to your orignal name brianhatesnitro there are still plenty of us who really know what type of person
Just so you can stop hating on me every 5 seconds because a couple of people dislike me due to the fact that I mentioned the imperfection and tried to help with a resolution to have the perfect racing facility out of a 100k building with a cheap surface that seeped water up on days that it didn't rain and you're jumping on the band wagon to make yourself feel better to bully someone. Notice that they are rebuilding the entire surface from something around 2 feet deep for the worlds?

You can trace me back to running for Reedy among others all the way back in 1998 and farther if you look hard enough if that is enough experience for you. I ran electric offroad before touring cars came out and before nitro was popular except maybe the RC500 and hated nitro until I blew my first 3 engines learning how to tune and now I'm fine. I run nitro offroad now half the time (and even mini-z events a few times a year like RCX, where where you? they had TC racing there) which is why you don't see me at every touring car event and I have a life outside of rc on the weekends but a lot of free time during the weekdays to answer questions here because I make all of my money in 10 minutes each morning. Plus the turnouts are just better for offroad races so I usually go there.

From RC Car Action, July 1998 from the Cactus Classic in Arizona (a well respected race of its time, Ryan Maifield was still a kid with his father at this race) http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...s_/ai_n8783230

"Expert Truck. Joey Stanovich's Peak-powered Team Losi DoubleXT 'CR' was dialed in from the start and took the TQ honors in the first round of qualifying. Team Losi team manager Richard Trujillo's first-round performance was good enough to secure the second spot on the grid, while Team Losi/Peak-sponsored driver Justin Morrison qualified third. Brandon Rowland, Mike Friery, Nick Lasley, Brian Bosley, Pete Norman, Ben Aromin and Jacob Thome all posted 12-lap runs and qualified for the A-main."
Old 10-27-2008, 09:49 PM
Tech Champion

Just so you can stop hating on me every 5 seconds because a couple of people dislike me due to the fact that I mentioned the imperfection and tried to help with a resolution to have the perfect racing facility out of a 100k building with a cheap surface that seeped water up on days that it didn't rain and you're jumping on the band wagon to make yourself feel better to bully someone. Notice that they are rebuilding the entire surface from something around 2 feet deep for the worlds?

You can trace me back to running for Reedy among others all the way back in 1998 and farther if you look hard enough if that is enough experience for you. I ran electric offroad before touring cars came out and before nitro was popular except maybe the RC500 and hated nitro until I blew my first 3 engines learning how to tune and now I'm fine. I run nitro offroad now half the time (and even mini-z events a few times a year like RCX, where where you? they had TC racing there) which is why you don't see me at every touring car event and I have a life outside of rc on the weekends but a lot of free time during the weekdays to answer questions here because I make all of my money in 10 minutes each morning. Plus the turnouts are just better for offroad races so I usually go there.

From RC Car Action, July 1998 from the Cactus Classic in Arizona (a well respected race of its time, Ryan Maifield was still a kid with his father at this race) http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...s_/ai_n8783230

"Expert Truck. Joey Stanovich's Peak-powered Team Losi DoubleXT 'CR' was dialed in from the start and took the TQ honors in the first round of qualifying. Team Losi team manager Richard Trujillo's first-round performance was good enough to secure the second spot on the grid, while Team Losi/Peak-sponsored driver Justin Morrison qualified third. Brandon Rowland, Mike Friery, Nick Lasley, Brian Bosley, Pete Norman, Ben Aromin and Jacob Thome all posted 12-lap runs and qualified for the A-main."
Im not hating just don't agree with a lot of your post
I mostly ran on road touring indoor carpet all classes then went into nitro & got a little taste of off-road 1/8th bugggy very fun & felt very easy besides getting a little dirty ran 6 races & made top ten but to many on road races so that's on hold till next year & yes I will have an MP-9
other than that on-road is more harder than off-road since there is much more involved in set up.
I really don't care what you've done in the past there is no comparsion to the geometry & capabilities of today's vehicles compared to 1998
Who give's a shit or even asked about the money you make in 10 minutes by the way why are you always complaining about things being expensive when you make all your money in 10 minutes whatever you buy will last longer than 10 minutes. I guess I got under your skin since your getting so defensive lol
Old 10-28-2008, 11:07 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

You two need a room
Old 10-28-2008, 01:31 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JayL
You two need a room
lol
Old 10-28-2008, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
You two need a room
That may explain the 10min money making thing
Old 10-28-2008, 04:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Remember when u two get the room, play nice.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nitro ho
Remember when u two get the room, play nice.
Or play hardball
Enough now guys till you get your room. Lets get back to supporting the red army KYOSHO & each other for setup & racing tips. That's what I thought these type of forums are for I think I dunno know!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.