Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 04:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GREGORY!
Brian,the extra 50gr,is with stock drive train in both cars?
well the diff wighs more than 50g each. capricorn wights less than 30g each.

ill got the front diff fitted perfectly now..

i decided to use rear cvd on the front as they are a lil longer.. (only 1g more, so i didnt worry about it)

Last edited by LiL_JaSoN; 06-24-2010 at 04:47 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Lightbulb has any one had any issues with weight balance side to side?

has any one had any issues with weight balance side to side? To balance my car, I had to use almost an ounce of lead on the exhaust side to get it level.I mounted my transponder to the bumper, it helped a lil.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

mount your receiver from the left side.
you finished.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kyosho_ken
has any one had any issues with weight balance side to side? To balance my car, I had to use almost an ounce of lead on the exhaust side to get it level.I mounted my transponder to the bumper, it helped a lil.
some pipe/engine combination's are lighter than what they used to test the car with back in the 80's.

I personally get around this by running half sized KO 2314 servos with almost no wire and no switch, they are about 20g lighter for the pair over 2367's and the newer receivers are tiny as well. I screw my transponder to one of the empty holes in the front bulkhead on the left side but they really don't weigh much.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

so iv been looking for a set of shimo shocks for quite a while, but everywhere is out... turns out to be that kyosho is out. seems they only made 1 small batch.

wonder if they will make more.. been looking for them for a long time...

kyosho is slowing down!..

Last edited by LiL_JaSoN; 06-26-2010 at 05:12 AM.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by LiL_JaSoN
so iv been looking for a set of shimo shocks for quite a while, but everywhere is out... turns out to be that kyosho is out. seems they only made 1 small batch.

wonder if they will make more.. been looking for them for a long time...

kyosho is slowing down!..
well Jason i was thinking to upgrade my shocks but 100$ for 4 shocks is a lot for me.i think that there are many other shocks in the market with a better price.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by GREGORY!
well Jason i was thinking to upgrade my shocks but 100$ for 4 shocks is a lot for me.i think that there are many other shocks in the market with a better price.
... such as xray.. they are 30$ compared to 50$... lol

anyway i got a question, - my friend brought a rrr (evo2) and he gave it to me to look at; the problem is - the clutch engages very late.. and no matter how much i loosen the clutch, it still feels like the clutch is revving off its ass before it engages and doesnt feel smooth... the looser i make it, the more it slides out on take off.. the clutch feels sluggish

it feels like the clutch is slipping ALOT and then all of the sudden it gets a lil power kick... even coming out of corners or on a stand-still... unlike the 3shoe clutch i had, it was smooth, and even when i set it late, it was snappy, but still smooth... his sit there eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and then engages and feels sluggish.

the clutchbell had a little play in it, and i thought it could be that causing the problem.. i didnt have any spare shims to shim it out... but can that be the problem?

not sure if he had 2 shoes or 4 shoes.. but pretty sure it is 2 shoe as its stock.. maybe changing to 4 shoes will help?

Last edited by LiL_JaSoN; 06-27-2010 at 05:26 AM.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by LiL_JaSoN
... such as xray.. they are 30$ compared to 50$... lol

anyway i got a question, - my friend brought a rrr (evo2) and he gave it to me to look at; the problem is - the clutch engages very late.. and no matter how much i loosen the clutch, it still feels like the clutch is revving off its ass before it engages and doesnt feel smooth... the looser i make it, the more it slides out on take off.. the clutch feels sluggish

it feels like the clutch is slipping ALOT and then all of the sudden it gets a lil power kick... even coming out of corners or on a stand-still... unlike the 3shoe clutch i had, it was smooth, and even when i set it late, it was snappy, but still smooth... his sit there eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and then engages and feels sluggish.

the clutchbell had a little play in it, and i thought it could be that causing the problem.. i didnt have any spare shims to shim it out... but can that be the problem?

not sure if he had 2 shoes or 4 shoes.. but pretty sure it is 2 shoe as its stock.. maybe changing to 4 shoes will help?

The clutch bell play shouldnt cause any problems.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

tell us the clutch setting that you have.
all of them.i think that u have little gap and light shoes.
but i am waiting..
Old 06-27-2010, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sheeley
The clutch bell play shouldnt cause any problems.
I would fix the play and all else that doesn't seem right first, and try again.
We had a slipping clutch when a new clutch shoe wore in after a couple of laps, and the problem was just that; too much play (the play obviously developed when it settled in). A worn out clutch shoe would also cause it to slip.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
I would fix the play and all else that doesn't seem right first, and try again.
We had a slipping clutch when a new clutch shoe wore in after a couple of laps, and the problem was just that; too much play (the play obviously developed when it settled in). A worn out clutch shoe would also cause it to slip.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
I agree, fix all that doesnt seem right.

Last edited by sheeley; 06-27-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:05 AM
Tech Addict

Default Capricorn clutch spring

Hey guys, i need to know from where i can buy a very soft centax clutch spring.

Re Shimo clutch we had the same issue, to much slip. Than we replaced the spring with a much softer version from Team Magic and it worked great.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by speed6

Re Shimo clutch we had the same issue, to much slip. Than we replaced the spring with a much softer version from Team Magic and it worked great.
You can drill holes in the flyweights to put setscrews in to make them heavier.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by speed6

Try Peter Lee at http://www.rcmanufactory.com/prod.php?cat=Team%20Magic for a TM G4RS clutch spring. Peter is very reliable.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

installed the xray tank today, was able to lower it 5mm

diffs are going in and then its finished.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.