which engine should i get to race????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

which engine should i get to race????

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2001, 02:25 PM
Tech Regular

Default which engine should i get to race????

yes i am looking at getting a engine for my car but i am wanting to race and i am not shure what to get. i race elect, and i am wanting to get into nitro.but i am tring to figure out which has the most power,some people have told me that 12 engines have the best performance,is this true and what is the diff between the 2 besides their size.i want to get the best,soi figure i would ask the folks that know and been doing this for a long time....thanks alot....
Old 01-01-2002, 10:57 PM
Tech Elite

The best thing to do is to check with the race director where you plan to go and get the rules about the engine and car. Some places won't allow anything else but .12 in a 1/10 touring type class. Others have open classes. Some follow ROAR/other rules some don't. Buy an engine that is allow at your track. OS and any of the Novarossi derivatives (RB, REX HPI) are good engines. Even stock engines will be fine for stock beginner class.
Old 01-02-2002, 07:42 AM
Tech Rookie

hi