Wiki Posts
Search

help a newbie out...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 05:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default help a newbie out...

hey guys my name is Bo Barger I am new to the nitro rc world and picked up a used Nitro TC3 from a guy off ebay. Cool car I just ordered glow plug starters and starter box on ebay today but cant wait to get it going....
Heres my question, this was a great deal on ebay but the car was sent to me somewhat wrecked so I TORE IT almost COMPLETELY down and rebuilt it with new screws and parts if they were damaged, the manifold which has a gasket on the OS MAX .12 seems like it would just fall off. Is there someway this screws to the engine, although I have seen some spring versions Im not sure how to attach the exhaust. There are no places for manifold screws on the engine so its got me stumped? If pics would help let me know. Ill shoot some.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think pictures might help, but does your header have tiny holes on the sides of it or large threaded holes ??
Old 03-25-2008, 06:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

actually now that you mention it there are two pinholes in the manifold, does the spring clip into these and wrap around the "block" for lack of a better word.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:29 PM
Tech Adept

Default newbie

Hey Bo, I had two TC3s, nice intermdiate car, First check your gasket and manifold are snug; you don't want any slop. Second, you need springs to attach it to the engine. The springs will fit in the little holes and wrap it around the head connecting to the other side. The pipe has two to three.

nitro duck
Old 03-25-2008, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

go to your local hobby shop and get some springs some manifolds can take two springs just check also there should be 3 or 4 springs which hold your manifold to your pipe check them too.
good luck!
Old 03-25-2008, 08:26 PM
Tech Regular

Yup get some extrea springs while your at it, in a crsh those things break and fall off and get lost very easily...
Old 03-25-2008, 09:12 PM
Tech Regular

Bo, your signature shows you are close to Cincinnati, Ohio.. Check out the website for a very local on-road RC car club www.TSRCAR.com.

You have a very nice track, within Cincinnati, and several gentlemen racing cars that are more than welcome to help you get started running.

Check out the track, the first race is within a few weeks.