MORR Race Schedule 08 and Information

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MORR Race Schedule 08 and Information

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 07:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Wonderful news man...now you know babies only get one teaspoon full byrons 30% in their bottle. We don't want 'em poopin "glow plugs" all over the place!
Old 06-22-2008, 10:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Aldizzy
Wonderful news man...now you know babies only get one teaspoon full byrons 30% in their bottle. We don't want 'em poopin "glow plugs" all over the place!

yes....that's what I hear,but this little() one.gets the byrons break in fuel.....not my byrons 30% stock.

Race you later........
Old 06-24-2008, 03:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

thanks to all who came out to the mws race. just a reminder we will be setting the track up sunday july 6th whether it be for a practice day or race. hope everyone can make it so we can have a fun day playing with our toy cars
Old 06-26-2008, 08:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by EvolvaRacer20
thanks to all who came out to the mws race. just a reminder we will be setting the track up sunday july 6th whether it be for a practice day or race. hope everyone can make it so we can have a fun day playing with our toy cars

July 6....I vote for a raceday.......not a test & tune..

this is just a idea for the 2009 race season for morr club racing.....

if we have: a low turnout day ...like 4 touring cars & 4 1/8 cars

we run a race program.......lets say touring cars are up for a heat race.....all the 1/8 racers will pit/marshall for the touring cars.....yes I know (no marshalls on the track to get the cars)......but....the pitman/marshall will walk out on the track...not run....and marshall that wreck car.....I know this sounds crazy....but if you are as good as you say you're.....then dont crash !!!....remember we are racing to get better @ this game....just think this would be a hella of a race....this will allow different lead changes...& A chance to catch back up & shoot for the lead again !!!.....I know...I know ...Racingrob1 your idea sucks.....but..look at... the big picture boyz...is that test & tune is o.k sometimes....we need to break the test & tune cycle ...an get some racing in this year boyz !!!!!!

Race you later.......
Old 06-30-2008, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

Guys,

Midwest Series director is looking for the 200mm sedan results from the MWS race.

Please get in contact with Bill D., or even whoever has the race computer that can go check the results file.

See y'all on Sunday.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

happy 4th of july everyone, hope to see yall on sunday for a good day of racing
Old 07-05-2008, 02:13 PM
Tech Regular

It's going to be the nicest day of the year tomorrow. Be there
Old 07-05-2008, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

I'll be there....see everyone at 8.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

mr. unger was right, it was the nicest day of the year, and no one got to drive thier cars, i mean i understand its summer and theres other commitments, but we have guys from pittsburgh coming, one who came and couldnt race because no one is showing any interest. theres not much we can do unless we see an effort given by everyone else. we cut the schedule in half to try and make it so that racing would be more of a big deal becasue we were only putting racing on once a month, but just like last year, afetr the mws race, no one seems to care. all winter we hear, lets keep this goin, dont let it die, lets race, etc. well show us some interest guys. im not tryin to put anyone down or anything but we need your help. bill brings the trailer up saturday night in effort to save us time, when really all he does is waste his time when no one shows (and damn near $5 a gallon fuel). Bill, Joey D. Dan Hermann, Mike Mcbride (from pittsburgh) My Dad and myself, cant put a race on without help guys. Mark has been traveling alot (dont mean to leave him out) but we need help. tlak to people, tell em to come out bring thier cars, if your on here, let us know what your plan is when we have a race day, if you can or cant make it, so we can know what to expect and not waste our time anymore. We want to run. I like having racing 5 mins away from my house. Gas aint gettin any cheaper so one day trips to toledo are starting to be out of the question so its up to everyone else. were trying and putting our time in, lets see an effort from everyone else.

Lets make this work guys!
Old 07-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry to see you guys are having trouble getting up a turn-out for weekly races... The weather was great around here too, and Leisure hours decided to close! Something about staining the driverstand, washing their hair... bathing the dog, I don't know what... Oh well, stayed home and watched the f1's race in the rain at Silverstone.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EvolvaRacer20
mr. unger was right, it was the nicest day of the year, and no one got to drive thier cars, i mean i understand its summer and theres other commitments, but we have guys from pittsburgh coming, one who came and couldnt race because no one is showing any interest. theres not much we can do unless we see an effort given by everyone else. we cut the schedule in half to try and make it so that racing would be more of a big deal becasue we were only putting racing on once a month, but just like last year, afetr the mws race, no one seems to care. all winter we hear, lets keep this goin, dont let it die, lets race, etc. well show us some interest guys. im not tryin to put anyone down or anything but we need your help. bill brings the trailer up saturday night in effort to save us time, when really all he does is waste his time when no one shows (and damn near $5 a gallon fuel). Bill, Joey D. Dan Hermann, Mike Mcbride (from pittsburgh) My Dad and myself, cant put a race on without help guys. Mark has been traveling alot (dont mean to leave him out) but we need help. tlak to people, tell em to come out bring thier cars, if your on here, let us know what your plan is when we have a race day, if you can or cant make it, so we can know what to expect and not waste our time anymore. We want to run. I like having racing 5 mins away from my house. Gas aint gettin any cheaper so one day trips to toledo are starting to be out of the question so its up to everyone else. were trying and putting our time in, lets see an effort from everyone else.

Lets make this work guys!
I hear you Greg. By the way thanks for the call; I was just coming onto the 90 split. I actually was going to go to Toledo But decided to race with Rob at Northfield plaza. The track was extremely small and simple, too small for 1/8 scale but it was challenging. But the thing that amazed me was all of the walk-up traffic. I must of had 5 Kids come up to me and ask if they could go home and get there car and race with us(mainly MT and Buggies). Even Eric Ortiz showed and wanted to put his buggy on the track. I think If we want to continue the MOOR club we are going to have to get out in the open and attract the foot traffic. Now with that being said I don't know all of the money issues associated with our current location and what a new location would cost. Rob's track probally had a good 40 people who came buy just to watch. I am totally commited to MORR club and it's success and I will do what ever I can to help support MY club.
The other point I want to make. We may want to scale down our lay-out for club races; I think the biggest burden right now is all the work it takes to assemble and tear down the track. If we could come up with a shorter version of our track that would not be so labor intensive to set-up and tear down. It may be worth it to set-up the track if the turn-out is low.

Okay I'm getting tired of typing. I talk to you in person at another time.

Pass you soon....
Old 07-08-2008, 06:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Smile

Exposure is the key.....

I talk on-road racing all the time to the guys in the hobby shop, but none of them know anything about MORR or racing period at Lakeland college. People have to see something from you guys, be it flyers, posters, or your faces talking it up at the hobby shop. Better yet....talking up the track at other on-road or off-road races in the area! Rob Nix (One Up One Down Raceway) usually schedules his races on alternate weeks from MORR and Gary's so he (and I) can show love to everybody involved with R/C Racing. PEOPLE HAVE TO SEE YOU AND WHAT YOU'RE OFFERING BEFORE THEY BUY INTO IT.

I'm no typist either....Peace out!

P.S

Thanks for the positive words during my races Elliott

Al Dancy
Old 07-09-2008, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

I know the surface was going downhill at the old location, but what about someplace like that? I know it's none of my business, but there was good visibillity there. A must to get new people in, to replace those that move on. I know it's easier said than done. We are looking for a place around here, to start racing the larger scales.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:32 PM
Tech Regular

Unfortunately it hasn’t been the relocation to the collage that has hurt the MORR clubs attendance. It is a number of things that has all added up to low turn outs. I really enjoyed racing at the Mall when we would have hundreds of spectators that would stop by to watch and ask questions about our hobby. But out of the hundreds that have stopped by I don’t ever remember one of them ever coming to race with us.
R/C on road racing peeked in our area about 3-4 years ago and the trend of running on a parking lot track has diminished throughout the whole Midwest.
If you aren’t in the hobby now it’s a very small possibility you ever will be. There were many new racers getting into it when I did (about 10 years ago) but that’s not the case anymore. And I know every track has tried many things to change that. You won’t find a brand new racer starting his learning tenure at a big race. And with the demise of small club races, where do they learn? So the number of on-road racers continues to decline.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mark Unger
Unfortunately it hasn’t been the relocation to the collage that has hurt the MORR clubs attendance. It is a number of things that has all added up to low turn outs. I really enjoyed racing at the Mall when we would have hundreds of spectators that would stop by to watch and ask questions about our hobby. But out of the hundreds that have stopped by I don’t ever remember one of them ever coming to race with us.
R/C on road racing peeked in our area about 3-4 years ago and the trend of running on a parking lot track has diminished throughout the whole Midwest.
If you aren’t in the hobby now it’s a very small possibility you ever will be. There were many new racers getting into it when I did (about 10 years ago) but that’s not the case anymore. And I know every track has tried many things to change that. You won’t find a brand new racer starting his learning tenure at a big race. And with the demise of small club races, where do they learn? So the number of on-road racers continues to decline.
Marc, Are you going to the RC pro series this weekend in toledo. If so I need some 25% Byrons. can you help me?? What's your new email address

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.