R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Anyone? I mean Anyone, Running the GS Vision Pro? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/21249-anyone-i-mean-anyone-running-gs-vision-pro.html)

rodneybarrett 07-13-2003 07:06 PM

Anyone? I mean Anyone, Running the GS Vision Pro?

Like to get a thread started.

I picked up this car cheap while waiting for the Trinity G4 to come out (already sold my reflex) and it's not half bad. Would like to share some tips with guys who have this car as well.

I'll start by giving my setup:

Front

Springs: Pink (1.6mm)
All the way in on top shock tower
3 clicks out on shock
Nitro Shoes F35
60WT oil
hardly any suspension travel (droop)
1/2 degree tow out
no sway-bar

Rear

Springs: Blue (1.5mm)

all the way out on top shock tower
4 click out on shock
Nitro Shoes R35
50WT oil
1mm suspension travel(droop)
medium sway bar (can't remember to diameter)

The car worked very well for first time out.
Prepared parking lot

I did break one universal already though.

Anyone know if you can get a shoe type 2-speed for this car?

jfc_tech 07-14-2003 03:30 AM

funny u mentioned u broke one u-joint already....my friend got his GS pro around 4 u-joint, i think, broke during race.....
im using the vision RTR & still the dog-bone, so far didn't break, ok. but my friend is still breaking it...don't know why???

rodneybarrett 07-15-2003 10:53 AM

So, I take it no one really runs this car.

I ran my this past weekend and I would say it is easily as fast as my old reflex. I was right with a Mugen MTX-3 as well.

It takes a little time to set it up right, but then watch out.

Fire 07-15-2003 11:07 AM

it's mostly about skills when it comes to racing:)

i guess not much people run this car is because it is not avaliable in most areas

KawadaKid 07-15-2003 11:45 AM

I Run it, infact i drive for GS So if u wanna chat or something my AIM name is GS Stew32. Or shoot me an email.

jfc_tech 07-15-2003 09:41 PM

Great we have someone to ask for GS.
Im a newbie at Nitro & im only driving the GS RTR. I only chnge the engine to STS RS5 port (outlaw). It drives well. maybe its my 1st experience.

I wonder the RTR belt tensioner...there's a hole for antenna..or is it for other use? The only different from the Pro Kit is the middle part. most of the option i can use to upgrade. We have the Team GPm here as an alum. option.

wheelmanST 07-16-2003 12:05 AM

I have one...I like it for the most part but I agree that the universals are fragile....I broke one first time out. The car drives well, but again I agree that it takes time to set it up. Its not quite like the ntc3 or others that you build, drive, win. Seems to be picky on the setup, and im still working on mine. my ntc3 is currently faster by almost a whole lap, but I gave up on the vision for a while. I have new setup stuff to try (thanks to kawadakid) so ill give it another shot soon. I know the car has potential to be faster than any car on the track. I would like to get it to work because I like to be different and drive cars not many have. no one else at our track runs a vision, so I hope to make it work. I can say that once you get them dialed, watch out:sneaky:

buboy28 07-16-2003 05:35 PM

also have a vision-pro and the universals are a little bit fragile coz mine broke too at the front. only problem is that our lhs do not carry GS so i have to order from Singapore for replacement.
jfc_tech.... what's the name of your lhs maybe it's a little bit cheaper there than in Singapore:

Jonathan 07-17-2003 12:03 AM

There is a guy that runs this car at my local track. He seems to be very competitive with it... FWIW.

rodneybarrett 07-19-2003 09:11 PM

Broke 2 more Front universals today. One was during the main and I called it quits after fighting the car around the track.

Does anyone know I fix for this problem. Do any other CVD's fit this car?

This is the only part I am breaking.

Otherwise, the car is really nice.

rodneybarrett 07-21-2003 11:59 AM

Here is the response I received from GS Racing.

Hello Rodney, This is unusual it seems that you may be binding up the axle and causing the universal to break under load. I would advise you to check your front suspension/ driveline components to make sure everything is working smoothly, also its not a bad idea to apply a lightfilm of heavy grease or graphite spray onto the universal.
Run the car a bit not to forcefully then check your driveline components to see whereexactly the pressure is being applied to the universal, then you might be able to catch the problem.
>
> GS Racing Tech Support.

I believe that it has something to do with the steering throw. The knuckles are allow the wheels to turn more than the universals go therefore breaking them off. Just a hunch though.

KawadaKid 07-21-2003 03:38 PM

Garen at GS told me the same thing about the steering throw. The fix is to devise a stop on your knuckle to limit the steering throw.

wheelmanST 07-23-2003 10:44 AM

Rodney - i believe mugen universals will fit...i made a fix using mugen dog bones in the rear of the car to run 30mm tires and keep it under 200mm. I havnt tried the mugen universals but they should work.
Not having very good luck with the car lately, it just doesnt work as good as my ntc3...:cry: i like the car but i cant get it any faster...hmm...:confused:

KawadaKid 07-23-2003 11:07 AM

ur not trying hard enough...:nod:

wheelmanST 07-23-2003 07:05 PM

well part of the problem is time...havnt really had the time to sit down with the car for a whole race day or two....just got back from a race in MN, and now we have an HOA race this weekend....dont have time to try and make something work. after this weekend i will put it back on the track and well see what i can get it to do.