Wiki Posts
Search

are winner brand cars good

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 02:14 AM
Tech Rookie

are winner brand cars good

hi
i have resently became intrested in 1/10 nitro cars and am looking for my first cari have viseted some local stores and found a car that seems to be right for me how ever because i am new to the hobby and do not have any experience i am not sure if the car is good or not its brand name is winner im not sure of any other names it may have though i will tell u all i remember about it it is 4wd shaft driven 15moter with tuned pipe single speed (two speed available)complete with radioim sorry more info isnt available but if any one has had or knows some one that has owned one of these cars can u please give me any info available the retails for au$500 and this is something that atracted me to the car because im only 16 and money is somthing i realy dont have much of
thanks in advance for any help
pat
Old 07-09-2003, 03:01 AM
Tech Regular

hey pat, i got your pm.
i don't really know much about gas cars so i'm afraid i can't help much. is there a local track around where you live? what sort of cars do they run there? i've never ever heard of the brand "winner" so I would stay away from it! could be real hard to get parts!
I "THINK" most quality gas cars these days come with 2speeds so that maybe a sign that this car is not that higher qualitly.
its nice to have a car that has plenty of things to adjust on the suspension. is there a reason you going for gas over electric?
electric might be better for a beginer, and electric is defintly not slow! much easier to keep clean aswell! plus elec motors don't cost that much!
also try and find out the name of that car, i think people will be much more helpful if ya do.
a AE NTC3 might be a good buy for you, if you really want gas.
lots of info and parts around for these cars!
hope I've been a bit of help for you.
Old 07-09-2003, 03:07 AM
Tech Regular

is this the car you speak of?
http://www.winnerrc.com/Cars/Gas/TS4N/TS4N.htm
looks ok, but like i said i've never heard of this brand, so parts could be hard to get!
anyone else ever heard of these cars?
Old 07-09-2003, 03:09 AM
Tech Regular

sorry i just realised that this can't be the car because this one is belt drive, you said it was shaft right?
Old 07-09-2003, 03:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Default thanks

yes the car is shaft thanks for ur help as u said parts my be hard to find however when looking at car i asked about parts and the shop assistant said and showed me a large range of parts for the car thanks for ur help im looking into the car u suggested and yes for some reason nitro seems better to me however i will look at some electric cars to
Old 07-09-2003, 03:24 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: thanks

Originally posted by calvas1
yes the car is shaft thanks for ur help as u said parts my be hard to find however when looking at car i asked about parts and the shop assistant said and showed me a large range of parts for the car thanks for ur help im looking into the car u suggested and yes for some reason nitro seems better to me however i will look at some electric cars to
maybe, but if "winner" rc cars go out of bisness it will become hard to get parts, if it was me i wouldn't touch it.
go with a brand that pros use. plus its good to be able to find lots of info for you brand of car.
if you just want a car to play around with,gas cars to seem to be alot more exciting.
Old 07-09-2003, 03:42 AM
Tech Master

go for the NTC3 RTR
Old 07-09-2003, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i think i know which car u r talking about.
is it the Smarttech winner?
well it sells for roughly US$200 here,so i think it's over priced in aussie.
it is not the ts4n(which would be a lot better).
1.the radio is a piece of junk.people sell them away for US$10 here.no range,plenty of glitches.
2.the engine is also crappy.
Now please understand i'm quite tolerant of cheap cars(i drive one myself) but please stay away from the Smarttech.
We come to the parts support:will there even be spare parts?
Old 07-09-2003, 09:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Smarttech

I have seen the Smarttech cars in China. They look like cheap copies of Tamiya. The Electric one looks like you could use TL01 parts as replacements. Not sure about the gas one but its only about 1000RMB ($125us) including the cheap radio and motor.
The have a shop in the toy markets in Guangzhou.
Old 07-10-2003, 01:44 AM
Tech Regular

dont any how buy the car altoght it look nice but once things starts to spoilt part are very expensive so... better think proply and get a car which first time is expensive but the spart part might cheap....
(2 cent)