R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-09-2003, 02:18 PM   #16
Tech Apprentice

ya i was really torn between the 705 and the NTC3, and i realized that the 705 was just to much of an expert or more advanced car and that i would become frustrated with it very quickly ... and i wouldn't have to much fun...

so i decided with the NTC3 and hopefully its what i want... it supposed to be here by friday
NightLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 02:48 PM   #17
Tech Master

Originally posted by chorner
but I wouldn't expect any car to take a full speed inpact without damage
You didnt see what my 705 went through on Sunday. Bouncing of a 2in curb on the inside of the track, cartwheeling and bouncing before slamming of the wooden board outer surround of the track (all at full throttle on the fastest corner of the track with only 4ft from the curb to the outside surround). Wasnt very pleasant. Destroyed a pipe and manifold, chunked a brand new set of tires and demolished a bodyshell. Not even a scratch on the car. Didnt even pull a pivotball joint.

Never seen a NTC3 or other car other than a Yokomo GT4 do that. And guess what. It was my GT4 I did it with also. Only difference was it had a 10ft travel to the wooden surround without touching the ground between (about 3ft in the air minimum before hitting the outer surround and bouncing of the that to the ground.

Any NTC3/Mugen that did that at our track was straight to the pits for a strip down and parts replaced.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 02:59 PM   #18
Tech Apprentice

well modellor i can't change my mind and get the 705, but i could also get it later
NightLife is offline   Reply With Quote