Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wheel Offset question.

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 08:01 PM
Tech Regular

Default Wheel Offset question.

I have a question, I'm running a ntc3 and I just want to make the car a little more solid. Would putting on 2mm offset rims and screwing in the pivot balls 2mm more on each side change the handeling in any way? Because the way I look at it the pivot arms would be 2mm shorter making the arms move more because there pivoting a smaller radius? Is that right?

Any thoughts are appreciated.
Old 07-10-2003, 09:48 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah, it changes a lot of things to the geometry of the car and how it handles on the track. On the track you might notice that the car isn't as stable, more so when driven more on the edge or on bumpy parts of the track if there are any. More mid corner steering, also reacts better. Might not feel as comfortable driving the car that way because you might not be able to drive it as hard. A little less caster might work good with that setup.