R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-07-2003, 07:15 PM   #1
Tech Adept
Default Wing placement and performance?

I am running a Stratus 2.1 and am wondering what effect moving the wing forward or backwards makes? I noticed the wing has 5 possible holes to use. I think I am currently running it one hole from being as far back as possible.
chachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 07:21 PM   #2
Tech Master

I have run it in front, middle and the rear-most positions and I feel the front position makes the body perform with less sidebite, especially at lower speeds (not super low though). At high speeds the overall shape of the body seems to provide most of the performance dynamics. Moving rearward makes it slightly more stable... but this change is a very slight one.

If you usually have more than one body on hand... make one wing with the forward-most and rearward-most holes on one wing and the middle hole on another. You can just switch them out to see the changes it makes. Oh yeah, I use the forward most position because of my really tight track is filled with 180 degree turns every race.

Just my opinion on the matter.

*just about any change you can do will make more of a difference than the position of the wing. It is not much, but I like it*
Im2lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 07:31 PM   #3
Tech Prophet

Yes, backward placement of the wing makes for more rear downforce and less steering. Move the wing forward, you'll get more steering, less rear downforce.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote