Community
Wiki Posts
Search

cleaning nitro cars

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 10:46 AM
Tech Adept

Default cleaning nitro cars

i was wondering what the ratio for denatured alcohol is and how you guys are cleaning your cars, along with basic maintenance
thanks in advance
Old 02-25-2008, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Cleaning nitro cars

Originally Posted by stankulas
i was wondering what the ratio for denatured alcohol is and how you guys are cleaning your cars, along with basic maintenance
thanks in advance
I put a small piece of Serpent cleaning gum over my receiver<leave it there> and then us 2/3rds Simple Green, to 1/3rd denatured alcohol, and then use a compressor to blow it off.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:49 PM
Tech Adept

remove radio tray and engine/exaust and all the bearings,put all bearings without the rubber seals on al glass with brake cleaner , then spray denatured alcohol scrub with a clean microfiber cloth, spray again alcohol and blow with my compressor, then dry the bearings blowing with the compressor. put fresh high speed oil on all the bearings , reinstall the seals and the bearings. Now give the engine some LOVE, remove centax clean all the clutch components, remove piston/sleave , crank shaft lean with WD40 and scrub with clean microfiber cloth and rinse with brake cleaner and blow with the compressor. reinstall all engine parts with after run oil, put tha caps on the fuel inlet and exaust/intake port and wait to the next race!!!
it is like going to church on sunday,like a ceremony!!!