Originally Posted by bboy
Actually I was hoping this would be my intro car since I am still trying to figure out hot to properly setup the engine. I can get it started no problems, but I am having problem tuning to top speed since it is going slower than my EP with brushless 4.5R. Also the engine dies fairly easily at idle. Am I doing something wrong?
hi, can i know what engine are u using? the stock mk2 engine?
1. There might be some reasons why ur engine dies easily at idle:
- first check is your glow plug in good condition
- next check your air hole opening when it is at idle position. It might be too small to maintain the idle
- if not, check if ur LEN is it too lean of too rich... (can do a search at the forum for more detail on engine tuning)
2. No top speed:
- Is your HEN set at a very rich zone?
- what is your engine running temp?
- Is there oil/fuel coming out of your exhaust? if yes, you are runing rich... u can try lean ur HEN a bit...at the same time check the running temp
- if not u can try up ur gears ratio.
Other than that... u might be use to playing fast ep car...therefore stock engine might be slow for u....therefore u can change to a faster want!