Wiki Posts
Search

SpeedWorld Raceway Closed for Re-model

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 04:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default SpeedWorld Raceway Closed for Re-model

Hello everybody, after 8 years of being open since 1999, SpeedWorld has held several ROAR Nationals and NORRCA’s first ever 1/10 Electric Sedan Worlds at this facility. We have been honored to have the best drivers in the World from USA to International come and race at our facility. The race facility will be closed for three weeks. SpeedWorld Raceway & Hobbies will be in the process of re-modeling the entire race facility. We are asphalting a NEW area of 164 x 80 feet of surface along with a 48 foot length driver’s stand. Our old facility track was 117 x 65 so it will be much bigger.

SpeedWorld would like to thank all the racers that have been to SpeedWorld over the years and have met many new friends and many have become family members. We look forward on having some bigger races at SpeedWorld facility and having you racers come back when the project is done and race with us would be an honor.

I really have to thank all the members from www.RiverCityRC.ORG, Northern California racers, Jake’s Performance Hobbies, Remote Control Hobbies and some of our local business for advertising with us to help start this project for SpeedWorld Raceway & Hobbies.

MUST READ:

This is what is unbelievable and that is why I am sharing this information with you. We were going to re-model in 2009 if I did not sale the hobby shop and race facility, but it seemed that some of our local racers did not want to wait to re-model, not because the facility was thrashed, they wanted a longer straightaway and probably to keep me here longer and not sell the place, LOL.. So what those people that I have mentioned above alone have got together and called in to help when they heard about this plan, raised over $11,000.00 dollars of the $24,000.00 re-model project for SpeedWorld in less than 3 weeks, but I can really say it was only over a 4 day process, that is what is unbelievable. I am sure there are a lot of great racers out there that would help their hobby shop race track facility out, but this is the most unbelievable, unselfish story that I have ever heard of in the r/c business in 25 years.

I was thinking about selling the facility earlier in the year, but I guess I am not now, LOL.

This project will be starting next Wednesday Feb 27, next week.

This is very overwhelming and my wife Tracy and I would like to thank you from the bottom of our hearts. You gays and gals are awesome and best in the hobby industry and we hope to see many new faces in the next year or two for racing.

Again, thank you everybody that has made this possible to start this project and all racers that have ever been to SpeedWorld. All you racers over the years have always respected us and our facility and that is why I have made sure along with other race facility owners I am sure, keep our facility one of the nicest in the country, because we enjoy you racers, you are our family.

Thank you
Billy Bowerman

www.speedworldraceway.com
Old 02-23-2008, 08:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Sounds like it will be an even better facility when finished. I may have to get a 10th scale after all!!!

-Steve
Old 02-27-2008, 09:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Default SpeedWorld Raceway 2008 Improvement Project

The track expansion and resufacing project got underway today at SpeedWorld Raceway & Hobbies in Roseville, CA.

I am happy to say that it turned out perfect! Not a ripple or bump to seen - it is going to be off the hook!

more pics of the work cab be found at http://rivercityrc.org/swr/2008/phase1/
Attached Thumbnails SpeedWorld Raceway Closed for Re-model-swr01.jpg   SpeedWorld Raceway Closed for Re-model-swr02.jpg   SpeedWorld Raceway Closed for Re-model-swr03.jpg   SpeedWorld Raceway Closed for Re-model-swr04.jpg   SpeedWorld Raceway Closed for Re-model-swr05.jpg  

Last edited by apposite; 03-08-2008 at 05:41 PM. Reason: new url
Old 03-01-2008, 05:26 AM
Tech Regular

off the hook dosen't really cover it .....it'll be even better then that!.....lol...
Old 03-01-2008, 07:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Awesome Billy!! Looks like some good times to be had this year!!

I'll be there!
Old 03-02-2008, 06:28 PM
Suspended

I went by Speedworld today going home from S.F. and the wind was blowing around 40 mph plus and Billy was out there working away all alone on the track. He has got his $hit together on this project, he is trying to finish in two weeks he said. I told him to take pictures and keep us up to date if he can. The track his bad to the bone. The fence is up around the track, the timing tower has the new roof on it and the drivers stand and the tables are also started be repaired.

Thanks Billy for all your hard work that you are doing for us to have a place to race at.
Old 03-08-2008, 05:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Post March 8th update

Yes folks - it's coming along!
SpeedWorld Raceway & Hobbies now has a brand new asphalt racing surface. Now comes the rebuild and remodel of the facility. Notice the freshly painted boards, extended driver's stand which is now covered along with the timing tower. Marc Richards of River City RC and Scotty Barnes have been hard at work building roofs, new pit tables, boards and all the little things we never think about; brand new electrical as well.

check out these updated photos of the remodel/rebuild as of March 8th -
http://rivercityrc.org/swr/2008/phase2/
Old 03-19-2008, 11:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation ALMOST DONE!

Yes folks - it's almost finished!
SpeedWorld Raceway & Hobbies now has a brand new asphalt racing surface. Now comes the rebuild and remodel of the facility. Notice the freshly painted boards, extended driver's stand which is now covered along with the timing tower. Marc Richards of River City RC and Scotty Barnes have been hard at work building roofs, new pit tables, boards and all the little things we never think about; brand new electrical as well.

ALMOST DONE updated photos of the remodel/rebuild as of March 19th -
http://rivercityrc.org/swr/2008/phase3/

check out these updated photos of the remodel/rebuild as of March 8th -
http://rivercityrc.org/swr/2008/phase2/

February 26th Repaving Starts -
http://rivercityrc.org/swr/2008/phase1/
Old 03-20-2008, 03:38 PM
Tech Addict

nice track Billy can't wait to try it out

Brian Thomas
Old 03-22-2008, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

billy is really trying to make me regret moving to socal lol. Looks like it will be an even better facility, good luck billy. and thanks to all the guys for their hard work and sponsorship lol
Old 03-22-2008, 08:44 PM
Tech Regular

the first race on the new track was today and there was a great turn-out...the day was nice the Track was excellent... and things are just gonna get BETTER...so if you weren't there... it was your loss ....the new facility is terriffic.......hope to see ya there SOON!....