Wiki Posts
Search

Max Power XXL3 engines on ebay?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default Max Power XXL3 engines on ebay?

Max Power XXL3 engines on ebay? Are these engines even out yet? lol.. Didn't want to wait to call rocco tomorrow. Want answers now lol. I asked the retailer and they said they had them in stock.. hmm
Old 04-15-2008, 11:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
Max Power XXL3 engines on ebay? Are these engines even out yet? lol.. Didn't want to wait to call rocco tomorrow. Want answers now lol. I asked the retailer and they said they had them in stock.. hmm

will there be an MF tuned edition of the XXL3 like the SL3 MF? curious to know as i'd like to get the MF version if it comes out
Old 04-15-2008, 11:13 PM
Tech Elite

if i am not mistaken all the XL series are modified.. am I right?
Old 04-16-2008, 04:30 AM
Tech Regular

from what i have read you are correct
Old 04-16-2008, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

They are machine modified, as most out-of-the-box top engines are today. However, there is a big difference between machine modification and hand modification, like the higher cost motors you can get from Maxy, Murnan, etc.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:37 AM
Tech Addict

guy hit it right on the money a lot of high end motors like novarossi rb max etc these motors come with a slight mod but the modifiers such as uriah murnan, maxy, fusion they go way beyond that and really make these motors scream.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

XL3's are Massimo Fantini Modified with match components.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

add to that a ceramic rear bearing, I just got mine today
Old 04-16-2008, 11:51 PM
Tech Adept

You are making a fool out of yourself, the XXl3 is not even out yet, even here in Europe it haven't been released yet, and you are trying to say that you already got one, it's just impossible, release date will be somewhere mid of May.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by KyoshokiddT.D
guy hit it right on the money a lot of high end motors like novarossi rb max etc these motors come with a slight mod but the modifiers such as uriah murnan, maxy, fusion they go way beyond that and really make these motors scream.
If you are after a pretty crank with more scoops and polished up by all means go for the after market mod. I have seen some fantastic cranks by those guys. Flowing can only do so much and by now, everyone knows what is the max you can grind out. Cutting a bit here and there and lapping unmatch piston to fit can only do so much.

JP and Max find the most rounded piston and match it with liners, which is the hardest combo to come by. Also, the most performance gain in an engine. The rest goes to the stock engine line that after market modder use to work on.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twoo
If you are after a pretty crank with more scoops and polished up by all means go for the after market mod. I have seen some fantastic cranks by those guys. Flowing can only do so much and by now, everyone knows what is the max you can grind out. Cutting a bit here and there and lapping unmatch piston to fit can only do so much.

JP and Max find the most rounded piston and match it with liners, which is the hardest combo to come by. Also, the most performance gain in an engine. The rest goes to the stock engine line that after market modder use to work on.
...and this coming from a man who has been known to break in more than 5 engines at a time, and "throw away" the ones that have the slightest of airleaks between the piston/liner so he knows his sh1t

gotta say my max's have been awesome, it's a shame i pitted my last one put an extra .3mm of shims on the headbutton on top of the standard .2mm shims all you aussie racers
Old 04-17-2008, 06:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

We shouldn't be receiving XXL3's in the US probably not until next race season. I asked and the XL3 is the team engine of choice for this year., Also the XXL3 and the XL3 are not based off of the same motor, just a pointer in case you didn't already know.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hello
You are making a fool out of yourself, the XXl3 is not even out yet, even here in Europe it haven't been released yet, and you are trying to say that you already got one, it's just impossible, release date will be somewhere mid of May.
read what we were talking about. I got an XL3. I wouldnt have started a thread asking if it was out yet if I got one..
Old 04-17-2008, 11:09 AM
Tech Adept

Yes, I read the thread.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twoo

I agree for the most part...but there are a few of us modders who do much more then add fancy scoops and flow mods....myself I frequently re-grind my sleeve port timings and entry angles on engines I modify , which make a significant increase in engine output, much more then just flow mods or piston matching could hope to achieve....