MTX-3 tweak

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 11:24 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default MTX-3 tweak

i haf a question for all MTX-3 owners

i am sure that someone has put his Mtx-3 on a tweak station before.
Is the car supposed to be perfectly balanced? or is there some unequall weigh distribution.

I just finished building a new MTx-3 with extreme care. However, when i put it on the tweak station, the car is "heavier" on the rear right and "heavier" on the front left. It is exactly the opposite?
i checked the manual and i built it right

anyone any suggestions to why this happens?
thanks
Old 06-28-2003, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

tweak is not much of an issue in a gas car....
Old 06-28-2003, 11:29 AM
Tech Regular

If the right rear is heavy the left front will be also due to "Wedge". It is always corner to corner. The tweak station will not show you if one side of the car is heavy, just wedge. You can fix it by adjusting the spring collars, a little up on both corners
Old 06-28-2003, 12:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by vones
tweak is not much of an issue in a gas car....
Yup i agree as someone told me that the amount of fuel always changes when u start to floor it....
Old 06-28-2003, 01:13 PM
B
Tech Master

Yup i agree as someone told me that the amount of fuel always changes when u start to floor it....

well, that is not quite true

look at all the 1/8th, 1/10th onroad cars, and even Kyosho v one r/rr

the fuel tank is centered, so the tweak will not change! think about it!
Old 06-28-2003, 01:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by B
well, that is not quite true

look at all the 1/8th, 1/10th onroad cars, and even Kyosho v one r/rr

the fuel tank is centered, so the tweak will not change! think about it!
i do agree for most cars it's like that...but if i'm not wrong...the fuel tank for the MTX 3 is not centralised....
Old 06-28-2003, 01:48 PM
B
Tech Master

haha
that is right too!

Cheers!
Old 06-28-2003, 02:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by B
haha
that is right too!

Cheers!
Old 06-28-2003, 10:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

TWEAK on nitro cars becomes very important when you start to run a one way. If your chassis is tweaked and you step on the brakes, the car will spin out regardless how much brake pressure you apply.

Can someone explain to me how to adjust tweak on say a MIP tweak board or a Speedmind board? I want to get one but i'm not sure how I would adjust the car.
Old 06-29-2003, 01:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally posted by Racing4Evo
TWEAK on nitro cars becomes very important when you start to run a one way. If your chassis is tweaked and you step on the brakes, the car will spin out regardless how much brake pressure you apply.

Can someone explain to me how to adjust tweak on say a MIP tweak board or a Speedmind board? I want to get one but i'm not sure how I would adjust the car.
True, but why would you wanna hit the breaks using a one-way ???
Old 06-29-2003, 10:25 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Roger
True, but why would you wanna hit the breaks using a one-way ???
To avoid someone crashing in front of you? ... maybe... I mean, if you want to, don't hit the brakes and hit him, no loss to me.
Old 06-29-2003, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by TSR6
To avoid someone crashing in front of you? ... maybe... I mean, if you want to, don't hit the brakes and hit him, no loss to me.
Hi TSR6,

Thought we are the no-break-use guy. Look at it.

Old 06-29-2003, 05:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Racing4Evo

First, you can use brakes with a one-way, you just have to be going straight when you apply them, and, your tweak has to be pretty close. Tweak matters on gas cars. If your cars pushes turning one way and is loose turning the other it is a pretty good sign your tweak is off.

To set tweak with a tweak station is really easy, set the front on one end the rear on the other, make sure the car is centered and adjust the springs so that the end that pivots is level. Lets say the left rear is low, that means there is too much weight on that wheel and also the right front. Adjust the collar down on the right rear and left front and/or move the left rear and right front up. Depends what you want to do with ride height. If the car is low raise the corners and if it is high lower the opposite corners.

Tweak is independent from left or right weight but it will change on a car that has the fuel tank off center like a NTC3 so you may want to take an average and check it with the tank half full.

By the way, picking the car up from the middle doesn't show you tweak, it shows you droop, unless you are adjusting a pan car, such as 12th scale.

Ted Flack (not Bobby)
Old 06-29-2003, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well, I guess it's a matter of personal opinions......where I race, some of the guys has this aradite like matter on there exhast stinger to prevent damage and I'm sure tat the tweak will be on 1 side....still they are the fast drivers....maybe to an extend whereby the car is still able to be control when in motion.
Old 06-29-2003, 09:50 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by eddiethefish
Hi TSR6,

Thought we are the no-break-use guy. Look at it.

Whatever floats your boat I 'spose.

Personally, I like having the option of using the brakes should a car, track, marshall, or other object cross my path. Even if I should spin the car with the one-way, It's often better than slamming into the ''object'' and breaking crap. jmho

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.