Wiki Posts
Search

The Best & Worse Online Shop

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 10:46 PM
Tech Adept

Default The Best & Worse Online Shop

Hi to all,

Right now most of us are ordering RC products on the internet. We need to be very careful on which site to choose. So guys share your experiences from ordering online. We need to avoid ordering to those shops that has a worse service.

Which one is worse and the best site to order.

Tower hobbies - they respond quickly and deliver your stuff in good condition.. 1 week shipping. but price is high.
http://www.towerhobbies.com/

RC Model Mini World HK - It has good price, they'll give you order info, but they will not answer your call in any case.. and little hard to follow up order. im still waiting for some stuffs to be delivered.
Right now their shipping is quite delay... lets see...

Thanks I hope this will help us all, to be aware from some thieves... online.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:47 PM
Tech Adept

Default RC Model Mini World

shopping.rcmodel.com.hk/
Old 03-21-2005, 11:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have order stuff from rcmodel before and it takes about 10-14 days to get to you. Had no problem just lenthy delivery time. It must be on the slow boat from China (pun intended).

Speed Tech is by far the best I have delt with but I have only ordered from a few others.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:55 PM
Tech Master

Have ordered stuff from RC Champ. Excellent service, it takes only 4 days to arrive and Mr. Masa is a courteous guy and the pricing is excellent! Highly recommended!

Rgds
Old 03-22-2005, 12:30 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

guys, can you give the links of these sites so we can all check it out.

tnx
Old 03-22-2005, 12:40 AM
Tech Elite

Read this this.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

No problems with RCmushroom, they will answer your E-mails and will let you know if a product is out of stock. Great website! alot of pictures. Rating 4 stars out of 4.

KT Hobbies great prices. ships within 24 - 48 hours. wish website had more pictures 3.5 Stars.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:02 AM
Tech Adept

PhatPat - thats nice.. tnx

Sow&Steady - i feel bad to what happen to you men, i have read that already. we'll i dont want to comment on anything about that since haven't tried ordering from RC Mushroom yet. Im not in the right place. This thread will be of great help to those people who use to order online, so we may be able to determine which sites are corrupt and not. tnx.

RC Model is quite good, as long as they have it in stock they will deliver it. Just got an status reply from them.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by bulletdays
PhatPat - thats nice.. tnx

Sow&Steady - i feel bad to what happen to you men, i have read that already. we'll i dont want to comment on anything about that since haven't tried ordering from RC Mushroom yet. Im not in the right place. This thread will be of great help to those people who use to order online, so we may be able to determine which sites are corrupt and not. tnx.

RC Model is quite good, as long as they have it in stock they will deliver it. Just got an status reply from them.
Thanks Bulletdays.

I emailed them the email I received from ParcelForce (the agent they use to send stuff to the UK) confirming that the parcel NEVER arrived from Hong Kong and you know how they replied?

"Our policy is no refund until Hong Kong Post itself confirm they have lost the parcel".

I guess I'm burnt. Like I said in the 3hobby forum, I can take the hit once but I know for a fact that many racers can't, especially a hit of USD 320 ... all phoof into thin air. I just want to caution others so they don't get burnt. Others still will swear how good RC Mushroom is, I did too until I discovered how they treat their customer when something goes wrong.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:33 AM
Tech Regular

Default online shops

ashford hobbies.
they were able to locate and ship a hard to find motor for me. Robert Pogue knows his stuff and was able to put all the accessory pieces together i needed without me having to figure it out. My lhs went out of buisness and it is good to know that it is possible to get the same kind of personal service online.
if i knew how to post a link i would. someday
Old 03-22-2005, 06:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

speed tech Steve Wang, the owner of speed tech has a thread in the electric onroad thread and he's always on there answering q's about merchandise status. Hell of a nice guy and great to deal with. Been using his shop for about three or four years now. I highly recomend him.

out of
5 out of 5 stars
Old 03-22-2005, 07:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

rc champ is the best. i have bought from the all. rc-mushroom, etc. rc champ has the lowest prices, they charge less for shipping. for all who have never used before, you have to email them and they always reply the next day (except off on monday--- and remember they are 12 hours ahead USA time so you will get a reply about 2 AM or so). when you email them, include how you will pay, your address--- so when they email you back they can give you the total price. there is no online pricing, they give you prices in an email. i have never had an issue with receiving items. they are the best.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default Re: Online Shops

Honestly... I have ordered twice in Rcmart.com, and within 1 week, I get my stuff from Hong Kong ( Tho, im talking with EMS shipping + Insurance + Priority Importance). Rcmart is basicly the cheapest site for tires/option parts that I have found. I have compared it with rc-mushroom, and they differentiate sometimes by cents and other times by dollars.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:10 PM
Tech Regular

Tower Hobbies, the prices might be higher but the difference in shipping usually makes them cheeper. I've had a few issues with them with them but you can call them for free and they take care of it. Problem I have with them is trying to buy Kyosho parts, seems like they carry less and less all the time forcing you to buy overseas.

RCMart, dealt with them a few times. You have to give them a nudge ( had to email them after a few days on each order because orders were still listed as processing ). But they email back and ship the items.

RCMushroom, dealt with a few times. Items were here in about 4 working days, thats faster then Tower. Guess I got lucky.

Precisionrc, dealt with them once. Items were here in about 4 working days, again faster than Tower.

RCModel, Do not ship the items ( been over 3 months ) No support. Will NOT answer email, will NOT answer phone. Any decent respectable company would get back to me i'm sure. You can kiss your hard earned money good-by with this one!

After that last hit I don't want to deal with any of them overseas anymore, You have no way to get your money back.

Bottom line, looks like my last year for Kyosho. No where to get parts!
Old 03-22-2005, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Re: RCModel!

I have dealt with these guys successfully in the past, but i order some stuff about a fortnight ago... status says "Processing" and they won't answer my emails

No you all have me worried

BB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.