Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro Vs Electric

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stoptherockets3
Nitro is what sepperates a RC from a TOY!

Nitro = A Man's Toy

Electric = A Pre-Schooler's Toy

False,Some electric cars can beat nitro.
They probly already beat you on the track .
Old 01-22-2008, 04:57 PM
Tech Rookie

After reading this entire thread, I'm sure of a few things stoptherockets and nitro ho are apparently mildly retarded, or just incredibly gay.

That being said, I think it's like alot of people said, they both have thier benefits and drawbacks. I think electrics are faster especially when it comes to TC's, you just can't beat lipos and 3.5t motors.

As far as off road though, my preference is nitro, the larger scale and greater torque lends itself to this application better.

As far as nitro fags statements about electrics being tycos, I didn't know tycos could draw hundreds of amps and go 80 mph, certainly not a toy.

From what I can see about stoptherockets comments about traxxas being the shit and looking for only RTR, hmmm what does that tell you. Ever actually build a kit before homo?
Old 01-22-2008, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

You all need to stop the bickering, there is no answer to this question. Now lets discuss something much more important chicken or egg which one....lol
Old 01-22-2008, 05:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by meronr
You all need to stop the bickering, there is no answer to this question. Now lets discuss something much more important chicken or egg which one....lol
Chicken definitely. How could he get in there if the egg was first?
Old 01-22-2008, 06:22 PM
Tech Adept

Cool Chicken Or The Egg?

Well the first organisms that were living on Mother Earth eventually over time changed into creatures that layed eggs. The egg came after these animals (I DON'T KNOW THEIR NAMES) that were laying eggs. Without the animal there could not be a egg, these animals just one day started to lay eggs. They started to lay eggs so that they could have more off spring quicker. And the protective shell is to well protect the off spring. HOW DO I KNOW THIS? DISCOVERY/SCIENCE CHANNEL!
Old 01-22-2008, 07:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nitro ho
why dont u guys put ur 3.5 brushless, lipos,tyco rc cars, up against a 1/8 scale nitro, and see how u fare, trust me, electric will always loose
Tyco RC will lose to most any good electric. Now if you're talking a race bred electric, I disagree. I have beaten 1/8 nitro with my 1/10 electric.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nitro ho
electric- good, nitros - great
Different types of cars dude. I find that my 1/10 is MUCH more difficult to drive than my 1/8. All of that power is on tap almost immediately. There is no delay from 0 to full throttle as there is with nitro. Plus, my electric is 2wd whereas most nitro is 4wd with the exception of 1/10 gas truck.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

JMO- I prefer nitro, but race electric also. They both have their advantages and disadvantages, but I do have to remember the one thing they have in common- THEY ARE TOY CARS!!! Pick one and have fun, its that simple.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by meronr
why choose just buy one of each
There ya go!
Old 01-22-2008, 07:35 PM
Tech Adept

I guess I don't like Electric because the only electric car I have is a Traxxas Rustler don't get me wrong but I wish I had a better one. But Nitro is fast without up-grades, and electric is slow without the upgrades. So if you don't have any upgrades then Nitro. I would like Electric better if the batteries didn't die after only five minutes, and that is another thing why Nitro is better (FOR NOW IN THE YEAR 2008) because a longer run time. I don't know about you but I don't like to wait in between runs for a battery to charge. A Nitro the only thing you have to do is gas it up and go!

Ohh Thanks To Everyone This Thread Is Staying On The First Page, And Try To Keep It This Way By Posting Every Chance You Get!
You don't necessarily need to get all sorts of upgrades for electric to be fast. You can get a low turn brushed motor for next to nothing now, and be able to keep up with most brushless except the really low turn brushless such as 3.5 or 4.5
Old 01-22-2008, 07:37 PM
Tech Adept

How Much Did You Electric Rc Cars Cost, WITH THE MODS?

My T-Maxx 3.3 Which Is Stock Cost $450.00USD!
Complete, my Factory Team B4 comes out to about 550ish...that is the car, LRP Sphere ESC, Hitec 625 servo, Airtronics 3ch FM receiver, and LRP Vector X11 6.5 brushless.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by xsxracing
False,Some electric cars can beat nitro.
They probly already beat you on the track .
Nitro = Automotive Freak
Electric = Gadged Freak
Old 01-22-2008, 11:10 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Originally Posted by quickdik
Nitro = Automotive Freak
Electric = Gadged Freak
Completely agree. Electric is great because it requires no tuning (equals no thought or skill lol), and can be run anywhere. That is great, but high performance for me equals nitro. Loud and messy, but would you expect to run a high performance anything (car, motorcycle, etc) at the park, or in front of your house? As far as speed, can your electric beat a nitro and do it consistently without overheating the esc? Most speed runs that I have seen with electric is only good for a speed run, nothing else. For everyday running, how fast are most electrics? I see vids all the time of really high voltage rc's (1/8 scale) barely hitting 55, so with normal voltage and gearing good for everyday use, what are your speeds?
Old 01-22-2008, 11:42 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

The quick easy way to settle the debate would be for ROAR to have an unlimited class, plus I think it would be entertaining for everyone. No limit on the brushless set up, and no limit on the tank or engine size for nitro. I would be curious to see how a brushless with a large capacity lipo pack would do in a truggy against a .28 or .32 with a 250 cc or larger tank?
Old 01-23-2008, 12:51 AM
Tech Regular

Default I beg to differ

Badaml

I completely disagree that the all ESC will go thermal if the car goes fast. I've been doing lots of testing and I found out with 3 cell lipos (11.1 V), i can use very mild motor and yet achieves acceleration and speed equals to 7.4 v with 3.5 brushless motor. This goes back to the physics lesson that I learned in my high school, if we increase the voltage, we will draw less current and lose less to heat.

With the new generation esc, we can design the throttle profile, traction control, brake profiles, etc. to ensure that insane speed is not a problem.

Give it a try, a 1/10 pan with 3 cell. You will know what I mean. Nowadays i often wish that there will be an open class where 1/10 electric and nitro can compete in the same clas regardless of any car configurations.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.