Community
Wiki Posts
Search

lost of compression for .12fe

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 12:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Default lost of compression for .12fe

HEY HEY!! yea kinda new here so yea.............

my friend's .12fe just lost compression, i think it was kinda sudden not gradually, so i'm not really sure what happened

last week we replaced the sleeve and piston, put back the old head and tried to bench start it, but no luck

he tried using his old fashioned way of starting it, (remove glow plug, pour fuel into hole, put glow plug on, then the rest)
still nothing, and while pulling on the cord, the pull start, i noticed, between the head and block, fuel is spraying out, not alot but alittle, so this means an air leak causing the loss of compression

am i right or is there more to the loss of compression?
what can we do to fix it?

any suggestions apprecitated <- spelled right?
thx
Old 06-19-2003, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

That would be the reason. If the fuel is able to leak out frm under the head then there is a total loss of compression.

First thing to do is remove the head and check that both it and the button/plug are properly seated on the case. If this doesnt cure the problem then I believe that the improper seating the first time round will have damaged either the button/sleeve/ head or a combination of them all.
Old 06-21-2003, 06:44 AM
Tech Adept

try unscrewing the head and check to see that its real clean,no rocks or dirt there.check by the head button and the head shimms.when your done with that screw in an "X" motion.like cross tighten.