Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 06:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default on off switches?

Does everyone still use on off switches or are you guys using something else
Old 01-05-2008, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

http://gasrccar.com/eshop/advanced_s...0074db&x=5&y=8 i use this..has a line/connector so you can charge your receiver pack without unplugging any connectors.............one bad thing is it has a small constant drain on your batteries.......................
Old 01-05-2008, 09:17 AM
Tech Regular

Naaaaaaaa, straight plug in.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:44 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tony montana
Does everyone still use on off switches or are you guys using something else
I think it a matter of choosing which way you want B+ supply to eventually fail. Over the years, I have used em all......direct solder connection, plug in connector, and switches. All three have pluses and minuses and all three can fail. Soldering really is only practical on electric vehicles. For my nitro stuff, I prefer to use a GOOD quality switch. Your going to need to spend at least 10-12 bucks to get a GOOD switch and harness......anything less than 5 bucks needs to be considered junk. Everybody thinks they solve the switch problem by direct plug in. My experience is you usually create a different type of failure by doing this. Pluging and unpluging the connector puts bending on the fine wire stands. One by one, over time, these strands break cause a degrade in connection. Eventually this turns into a intermittent or no connection at all......usually at the most inoportune time.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:07 AM
Tech Champion

KO Propo Y cable : 1 (male) to Receiver, 1 (female) to battery and 1 (female) to AMB transponder.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JVStrat
I Everybody thinks they solve the switch problem by direct plug in. My experience is you usually create a different type of failure by doing this. Pluging and unpluging the connector puts bending on the fine wire stands. One by one, over time, these strands break cause a degrade in connection. Eventually this turns into a intermittent or no connection at all......usually at the most inoportune time.
.....i was using the small deans connectors http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXCGP1&P=SM
until the connection got loose and i didn't notice how loose it was..........blamo right into the boards at about half throttle with my 960.....now i use the KO switch.........there really is no foolproof way to guard against a power outage............
Old 01-05-2008, 11:14 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I also use the KO switch, I do like the fact that it has the battery checker and it wont accidentally turn off in a crash or bad landing, like some switches can.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

i also use the ko propo switch it is probably the best switch to use but when its not in use i always un plug it
Old 01-05-2008, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kyoshokidd
i also use the ko propo switch it is probably the best switch to use but when its not in use i always un plug it
It is true that it will drain your batteries if you leave it plugged in but this in a way is a good thing because it will completed discharge the receiver pack thus cycling the batteries and removing any memory.

I plug my car into a slow charger the night before a race. I can usually run practice and 2 or 3 qualifiers before I use my peak charger to charge the pack before the main. I leave the switch plugged in but turned off and it completely discharges the pack.

Lee Muse
Old 01-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

they are really good switches i love mine
Old 01-05-2008, 10:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Thumbs up

I prefer direct plug in no on an off switch for me.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:48 AM
Tech Elite

no switch
less to not work.
and its a pain to put one in the car.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I agree with Wally, Ivan and Loveless!

Ever since i had the switch in my G4 fail and the car becoming a runaway, i have stopped using
switches and now use a 50mm long extension cable from the receiver that i plug the battery cable straight into!
Since using this method, i haven't had a runaway (touch wood)
Old 01-06-2008, 05:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

when you have a kyosho there is a place for a switch and as long as your switch has a failsafe such as the ko swithch the switch cant really fail but yea in my eighth scale car i never ran a switch
Old 01-06-2008, 05:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wally knows nothing!!!! tell him to shut his pie hole!!!!! ask any body who races with him, hes a hacker!!!! and his car has the SHITTIEST equipment EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:n od:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.