Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
New SIRIO S12 TRP EVO 2 >

New SIRIO S12 TRP EVO 2

New SIRIO S12 TRP EVO 2

Old 11-21-2003, 07:40 AM
afm
Tech Master

Default New SIRIO S12 TRP EVO 2

Guys check out the following link from Kyosho France, they are the pictures of the new War Horse from Sirio. They've surely improved this engine...1.5 hp and 41,000 rpm. I got myself one from Spain. The engine is impresive, new carburator, machined piston,and high quality work all over. Now lets see how it does on the track.
http://www205.pair.com/kyosho1/kweb/...o12trpevo.html
Old 11-21-2003, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It's a good motor. The one in the pictures is the IFMAR legal engine. The ones in the states have a better crank than what is in the pictures, and they have an aluminum sleeve. I have modified quite a few of the new Sirio's and have heard nothing but good things.
Old 11-21-2003, 04:44 PM
Tech Addict

is it the same with the sirio aac?
Old 11-22-2003, 12:21 AM
afm
Tech Master

Grinder, thanks, I new you would post your experienced comments. Perhaps you can help me with the issue of running in time, in the instructions it states a 15 minute running in time, doesn't it sound to little time? or is the engine loose from origin. What is your advice on this issue?. Also it states not to use higher than 15% nitro????. What head clearance would you suggest for 20 - 25 % nitro?, and what plug to use with non-turbo head. I usually break in my engines on the Serpent bench at the richest 2 stroke setting possible in order to avoid premature damage to the conrod with 4 stroking, is this correct?
And what pipe do you suggest to use with this engine.
I hope i'm not asking to much.
Old 11-23-2003, 10:06 AM
ND
Tech Adept

Sirio's stated time of 15 mins is a bit short, I run my sirios for about 30-40 mins on the track gradually leaning them down and they are fast

I'm not sure about running them on a bench first, I've had engines done like that before and they're ok, but they still need to be run in under load on the track.
Old 11-23-2003, 10:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Where can this engine be purchased from? Its a good looking engine... how much does this cost compared to other engine manufacturers?
Old 11-23-2003, 11:48 PM
afm
Tech Master

In the USA I would contact Uriah Murnan. He has a lot of experience with modified SIRIOS, and very affordable prices.
Check his last post here in this subject, he is known as GRINDER, and has a web page for Murnan Modified Engines.

If you want stock Sirios, Trinity is the distributor for USA.

Hope it helps.
Old 11-24-2003, 01:15 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Grinder
It's a good motor. The one in the pictures is the IFMAR legal engine. The ones in the states have a better crank than what is in the pictures, and they have an aluminum sleeve. I have modified quite a few of the new Sirio's and have heard nothing but good things.
Hi mate now that iv heard all that im thinking of BUYING one of your engins. The SIRIO MURNAN MODIFIED for $230.00 is that US and can you send the Engin to AUSTRALIA.

One more thing will go as fast or faster than my JP S3.
i want somthing faster than it.

THANKS
Old 11-24-2003, 07:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by afm
Grinder, thanks, I new you would post your experienced comments. Perhaps you can help me with the issue of running in time, in the instructions it states a 15 minute running in time, doesn't it sound to little time? or is the engine loose from origin. What is your advice on this issue?. Also it states not to use higher than 15% nitro????. What head clearance would you suggest for 20 - 25 % nitro?, and what plug to use with non-turbo head. I usually break in my engines on the Serpent bench at the richest 2 stroke setting possible in order to avoid premature damage to the conrod with 4 stroking, is this correct?
And what pipe do you suggest to use with this engine.
I hope i'm not asking to much.
Running in time should take no less than 30 minutes of actual running the engine. I have been running 40% nitro without adding a head shim and the performance is great. I use O'donnel 77 or 99 standard plugs, and they seem to work really well for me. I personally do not use a break in bench, after I idle a tank or two through the engine I like to drive it around in a car to break it in. I think varying the throttle is good for break in. There are a lot of very good pipes out there. Lately I have been using a Novamega TP04 and it seems pretty good. You just have to try out different pipes to see which one suites your track and driving style. In general the Sirio likes a long pipe.
Old 11-25-2003, 10:09 AM
afm
Tech Master

Thanks Grinder
BREAK IN: I actually do like 3 bench tanks(bigger), 1 at idle(heat cycling) and 2 at WOT, and then finish with 2 to 3 tanks at the track. I get better life span on my conrods that way.
PIPE:I finally decided on getting Sirio's own pipe, it is an In-Line pipe and the guys in Europe say it is the best pipe for it, very smooth from low to high end with lots of mid power. The pipe is Sirio S12 200006, and i don't think it is available in the USA. I will post results after it arrives and have tried it.
GLOW PLUGS: What is the equivalent in Nova Plugs to those O'Donell's????, because Nova's are about the only thing available down here.
By the way, I tried the New Sirio carburator on my old Nova Mega and it worked perfectly and had no problems to tune it, so old carb comments about being bad, are past history.
AFM
Old 11-25-2003, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

Hey Grinder, do you know the size of the pin for the con rod on the crank? This is on the Sirio.
Old 11-25-2003, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by theRED5
Hey Grinder, do you know the size of the pin for the con rod on the crank? This is on the Sirio.
.176 inches, or 4.46 mm. afm let me know what you think of the Sirio pipe.
Old 11-25-2003, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

Thanks, I ran it some Sunday, and after tuning it was great!

What about the tolerances? How small is too small?
Old 11-25-2003, 06:13 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

What would you guys say is the most powerful, fastest .12 out there right now? Those Murnan mods look hot, but after bieng out of nitro for a few years, I'm lost as in knowing what to get..
Old 11-26-2003, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

It's tough to beat the Murnan NS12. I have yet to see an engine that could keep up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.